EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe everyone is aware of the "recruiting" issues at Eds BUT it obviously applies to u/16's as they only have 1 other side in div, which is u14's and they are 2nd last. Maybe their "recruiter" can start looking at all age groups for the betterment of the club and not for individual interests. I for one applaud Eds trying to be a better club but do it for all age groups because u/14's and under don't appear to be travelling too well.

Yes since the 'rep' coach joined eds in 2012 they have gained a lot of new players in this age group. But that rep coach actually coached douttas under14s 2007-09 so although he worked at rep level he has been apart of the douttas furniture for years. Being out of the age group now I know for 100% fact that he doesn't contact any players. Yes he being an ex rep coach it draws players to the club. I think it was smart work by the committee at eds who worked so hard to get 2 ex rep coaches to coach under 16s and 18s. I commend the hard work both men put it in.

Yes since the 'rep' coach joined eds in 2012 they have gained a lot of new players in this age group. But that rep coach actually coached douttas under14s 2007-09 so although he worked at rep level he has been apart of the douttas furniture for years. Being out of the age group now I know for 100% fact that he doesn't contact any players. Yes he being an ex rep coach it draws players to the club. I think it was smart work by the committee at eds who worked so hard to get 2 ex rep coaches to coach under 16s and 18s. I commend the hard work both men put it in.
He may not contact players but he contacts Parents(contacting players would be creepy).
That is poaching players of 13,14,15 year old from their home clubs - whatever way you look at it, that's not right

I have no doubt he put's in hard work like all other junior coaches

its not the coach poaching players i can assure you. Its the kids talking between themselves on facebook etc. about where they want to play and when one or two of the more influential kids go there the others follow. They all want to play div.1 and be in a position to win a premiership .

by the way I believe caluzzi was definitely a product of east keilor in a very dominant div.3 team that didnt lose a game for three years and won three premierships.
Probably should have been div .1.
If grading had of been around then and the cougars were elevated he would probably still be there in my opinion along with quite a few of his then team mates that have also left trying to better themselves against the best kids in Div. 1.

I probably should not have mentioned coaches and recruiting. Let's get back to focussing on the important people involved in footy, the players.
A little birdie txt me informing me that there is a certain player in the metro squad who may be out of favour with the metro coaching dept due to playing last Sunday!!
Good luck to all this weekend.

The birdie rang me and corrected himself saying coaches disappointed in this boy playing Sunday but NOT out of favour. Thought I better correct myself as soon as possible.

Just had confirmation that abers will be missing key player Nathan Marcola this week against eds, a high class player who is a great asset to abers' premiership dream.

Last edited:
Just had confirmation that abers will be missing key player Nathan Marcola this week against eds, a high class player who is a great asset to abers' premiership dream.

Is Marcola another injury for Abers? The way they are going they may end up with Greenvale in div2.

Tips for Sunday:

EDS v Abers - can't see the EDS all stars being beaten in this one. Hopefully some good duels with talent across both sides but weight of numbers will tell out
Hillside v Keilor - Keilor too good in this one and will be an easy winner. Hillside interesting - mainly a team that went undefeated last year at U14 level now having little impact
Strathmore vWestmeadows - Most interesting game of the round for mine. Strathmore to sneak home.
West Coburg v Craigieburn - Home team in this one. West coburg off a rare away win so confidence will be up. Both sides rely on too few. So maybe the teams whose guns fire....win

The birdie rang me and corrected himself saying coaches disappointed in this boy playing Sunday but NOT out of favour. Thought I better correct myself as soon as possible.
Ben, Cam, Noah and Mo all played last Sunday.
Hopefully there's no disadvantage in their decision to play and credit to them, even though they were sore they all pulled through very well and should be commended for their efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do you reckon abers will end up towards the end of the season?
Could be a tussle between them and West coburg for top 3?

Tips for Sunday:

EDS v Abers - can't see the EDS all stars being beaten in this one. Hopefully some good duels with talent across both sides but weight of numbers will tell out
Hillside v Keilor - Keilor too good in this one and will be an easy winner. Hillside interesting - mainly a team that went undefeated last year at U14 level now having little impact
Strathmore vWestmeadows - Most interesting game of the round for mine. Strathmore to sneak home.
West Coburg v Craigieburn - Home team in this one. West coburg off a rare away win so confidence will be up. Both sides rely on too few. So maybe the teams whose guns fire....win
Agree with that, should be a tight one, will westy grow a head after their first win? Hopefully not or their season will start falling to pieces
West Coburg always hard to beat at home, I don't see Craigieburn making too much of an impact in this game, wc to come home winners.
Keilor shouldn't have a problem I reckon, but Hillside did beat douttas last year at their home ground so anything can happen will be the message to the boys in that game.
I think Clifton Park will be the place to be, both teams missing key players due to injury so will except the harder running team to come out on top. Hopefully no messy scuffles, as douttas are starting to build a bad reputation throughout 14's - 18's

Any news on the second tier competition?
Are Moonee Valley still proving how good they are and is Glenroy giving them a run for their money?

No he has been dropped due to a "lack of fitness", strange words to hear from the coach as Marcola played a blinder last week.

Does seem strange if that's the only reason. Also strange that a coach would publicly let that sort if info out in front of others. Unless your a bit closer to the player than your letting on. Anyway Westy V Strathmore poses to be a cracker. Pick of the round I think.

Keilor by plenty
EDS by plenty (hearing Evans out after 2 games on Sunday)
Strathmore in a close 1
WC by plenty

I'm hearing 3 changes for Abers and more to follow depending on performances this week.

I think that West Coburg are a hot chance to make top four and the contest for 3rd place is red hot.
If Abers stop kicking black cats and smashing mirrors, their full side is too strong for WC. Depends on whether the longer term injuries clear in time for finals.

EDS and Keilor shoe ins for top 2 spots.

If Abers stop kicking black cats and smashing mirrors, their full side is too strong for WC. Depends on whether the longer term injuries clear in time for finals.

EDS and Keilor shoe ins for top 2 spots.

Pretty sure you will find it will be a final 5 this year, now back at 8 teams.
Agree with you Fastandloose re top 2 and only teams team that can possibly win flag this year is EDS or Keilor

Keilor by plenty
EDS by plenty (hearing Evans out after 2 games on Sunday)
Strathmore in a close 1
WC by plenty

I'm hearing 3 changes for Abers and more to follow depending on performances this week.
What's going on at Abers - why more changes? They seem to be going along ok

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back