EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Neicho clearly BOG, Bytel next best. Caluzzi and Rayner clearly EDS best.
The EDS v Abers game was a brilliant display of junior football.

Keilor another big win against a struggling Hillside. WC continue to impress and Strathmore(sleeping giants) are back on the winners list.

Love to hear a summary of the other games.
Not surprisingly, we viewed the game differently. Fry and Comito were best Abers players for me with their shutdown on Caluzzi and Rayner then setting up so many good passages of play with dash and clever passing. Caluzzi and Rayner were easily best EDS players. Tbh, I was a bit disappointed with what I saw from EDS but every team can have an off day.

Having seen both teams twice already this season, Keilor would win quite easily if both teams had a full squad of players to choose from.
Wc have had three off Their top players injured in the first half against cragieburn. Will be tough for them if they go up against keilor now especially if they play away.

Not surprisingly, we viewed the game differently. Fry and Comito were best Abers players for me with their shutdown on Caluzzi and Rayner then setting up so many good passages of play with dash and clever passing. Caluzzi and Rayner were easily best EDS players. Tbh, I was a bit disappointed with what I saw from EDS but every team can have an off day.
I for one can say I was not disappointed with EDS, I thought they fought the game out to the end. It was a great game played by 2 really good sides in great spirits. Remember that word I used awhile ago(bias), you need to look outside the circle or oval and give credit where credit is due.
I would have thought when the big 2 went for the ball whilst in the forward line they had at least 2 players against them not just one. That's a great effort for the backline and structure of the team. I don't disagree that the 2 boys you mentioned played very well.

I for one can say I was not disappointed with EDS, I thought they fought the game out to the end. It was a great game played by 2 really good sides in great spirits. Remember that word I used awhile ago(bias), you need to look outside the circle or oval and give credit where credit is due.
I would have thought when the big 2 went for the ball whilst in the forward line they had at least 2 players against them not just one. That's a great effort for the backline and structure of the team. I don't disagree that the 2 boys you mentioned played very well.
You've confused me again!!! What bias do you mean?

Wc have had three off Their top players injured in the first half against cragieburn. Will be tough for them if they go up against keilor now especially if they play away.
Great effort by west coburg if they had 3 of their better players injured in first half. Looking at edfl results it appears they performed a lot better after half time. Sounds like a great win considering the injuries.

Anyone have any thoughts on this weeks (or the seasons) fixture not being released as yet? Starting to wonder, in combination with tribunal being held on Tuesday's. Does the league have a long week end every week?
just been to the abersveds game
thought it was a fantastic contest
however my thoughts are that eds coach has no idea!!!!
changes should have been made earlier into the contest
eds coach was outcoached by abers

Unexpected in terms of none of the regular stars?

I understand that at EDFL u16 that none of the TAC boys in U16 programmes are included - I assume more about managing loading for them.

It's an opportunity for those outside that group to get a chance to compete at a higher level - would expect that TAC would scout the games for those that perform.

Anyone you think should have gotten a gig?

FastandLoose your bias in regards to this post was not giving eds any credit. Take away your affiliation to whatever club your from and give credit where credit is due.
Please enlighten me as to which team(s) I am biased for/against? What should I credit EDS minus Caluzzi and Rayner for?

You joined up just to have a go at the coach? What is it with you Abers folk?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the above, rubbish post
I wish for everyone to keep off any posts regarding coaches, umpires, spectators, etc. Don't want to hear it even if some might agree. Let's just keep it to players and their teams! Thanks

Unexpected in terms of none of the regular stars?

I understand that at EDFL u16 that none of the TAC boys in U16 programmes are included - I assume more about managing loading for them.

It's an opportunity for those outside that group to get a chance to compete at a higher level - would expect that TAC would scout the games for those that perform.

Anyone you think should have gotten a gig?
Just looking at some of the names, I understand where the edfl is going with this by making it max 2 players per club as they want participation from multiple clubs however I think the selections could have gone a lot better. Probably can't make the best judgement, however, from only 4 or 5 training sessions

I don't understand how hillside can be playing EDS when EDS still havnt played strathmore,cragieburn and westmeadows the EDFL are really ruining this league.
Atm they have douttas 16 1's and douttas 16 3's both scheduled at home 2.20pm. Do they still use 2 grounds?
This fixture is still same joke as last year.

West Coburg V Craigieburn was a good game to watch,
Really thought craigieburn were great but WC talent got them over the line.
Aaron Vendramini was Craigieburns best while Tye Browning was good kicking 4.
Josh Rocco was great booting 5 goals and Anthony Daquino was excellent.
Agree with this cragieburn played well, although I think west coburg were lacking morale losing three vital players early. If they stayed may have been a bigger win. All credit to cragieburn though who had a real crack.

Atm they have douttas 16 1's and douttas 16 3's both scheduled at home 2.20pm. Do they still use 2 grounds?
This fixture is still same joke as last year.

Douttas V. Hillside div1
Buckley park is top oval

Douttas V East Keilor div3
Nipper Jordan oval is main ground.

According to website.

Douttas V. Hillside div1
Buckley park is top oval

Douttas V East Keilor div3
Nipper Jordan oval is main ground.

According to website.
They have changed it and put div 1's on the main oval.

Is the other ground even fit to hold a u16 match?

The same things happened last year. They can't manage the fixture and the grounds with the grading.

You would think after 1 year practice run they could work it out

They have changed it and put div 1's on the main oval.

Is the other ground even fit to hold a u16 match?

The same things happened last year. They can't manage the fixture and the grounds with the grading.

You would think after 1 year practice run they could work it out
Yes the top oval is still fit to hold an u16 footy match
At least they changed the venue on the website, better players, better ground

Just looking at some of the names, I understand where the edfl is going with this by making it max 2 players per club as they want participation from multiple clubs however I think the selections could have gone a lot better. Probably can't make the best judgement, however, from only 4 or 5 training sessions
I know the coach was watching practice match games, therefore has probably continued watching club games.

Yes the top oval is still fit to hold an u16 footy match
At least they changed the venue on the website, better players, better ground

Talking about better players, better ground, have a look at where Keilor are playing Westmeadows. Choosing to play U16 Div 1 at Green Gully instead of Keilor main oval. No U16's at main oval on Sunday. Green Gully is a sub standard Oval. Welcome to Div 1 Westmeadows and here you go, go play at Green Gully. Is their any chance of common sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL U16 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Back