EDFL U16 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Any real reason to tip winners this week outside the Keilor - Craigeburn game?

Will Keilor start the year 0 and 2?

Big chance I think - Craigeburn have a few stars - two in Vic metro plus a host of other good players in chircop, hall, noonan etc who I reckon may get the better of Keilor on the day.

All other games if under 100 point margins will be a surprise

Any real reason to tip winners this week outside the Keilor - Craigeburn game?

Will Keilor start the year 0 and 2?

Big chance I think - Craigeburn have a few stars - two in Vic metro plus a host of other good players in chircop, hall, noonan etc who I reckon may get the better of Keilor on the day.

All other games if under 100 point margins will be a surprise

I went down today and had a look at the Craigibeurn v Keilor game, Keilor must have woken from their slumber as they smashed Craigieburn across every line, 105 pt drubbing and really it could have been worse as Keilor wasted early opportunities 35 coring shots to 4 was the tale of the day.
Surely Douttas will need to head to Div 2 for a spell , they have been beaten by approx 60 goals in 2 games, that is not helpful for them, haven't seen the other scores yet?

So does the EDFL bring in West Coburg, East Keilor and Moonee Valley for Doutta, Westmeadows and Greenvale. Can't imagine that the 3 div 2 sides would want to.

So does the EDFL bring in West Coburg, East Keilor and Moonee Valley for Doutta, Westmeadows and Greenvale. Can't imagine that the 3 div 2 sides would want to.

Greenvale should stay up.

West Coburg should go up, based on results so far and have had numerous teams in div 1 previously.

Moonee Valley should also go up. U16 Div 2 premiers last season and 1 point away from Div 2 GF in U14 this group of kids 2 yrs ago.

East Keilor have no history of teams above Div 3, not good idea to put them up.

Greenvale should stay up.

West Coburg should go up, based on results so far and have had numerous teams in div 1 previously.

Moonee Valley should also go up. U16 Div 2 premiers last season and 1 point away from Div 2 GF in U14 this group of kids 2 yrs ago.

East Keilor have no history of teams above Div 3, not good idea to put them up.

Yes but East Keilor have recruited players that have played in premierships and results suggest otherwise. Greenvale would be beaten by top 3 in Div 2

Yes but East Keilor have recruited players that have played in premierships and results suggest otherwise. Greenvale would be beaten by top 3 in Div 2
Not sure which players you are referring to. They have 1 player who has played in a Div 1 flag.

West Coburg beat APW by 15 goals, EK beat APW by 4.

If the league has brains they will make Div 1 only 6 teams.

West Coburg IN, the bottom 3 OUT.

Not sure which players you are referring to. They have 1 player who has played in a Div 1 flag.

West Coburg beat APW by 15 goals, EK beat APW by 4.

If the league has brains they will make Div 1 only 6 teams.

Surely Moonee Valley & West Coburg must go up to Div 1. What possible reason could there be for those 2 teams not going up? Greenvale have played the 2 top teams , leave them in. Westy must go down , Tough call on Doutta's after winning it last year but they probably need to be the 2nd team.

Surely Moonee Valley & West Coburg must go up to Div 1. What possible reason could there be for those 2 teams not going up? Greenvale have played the 2 top teams , leave them in. Westy must go down , Tough call on Doutta's after winning it last year but they probably need to be the 2nd team.

Your argument doesn't stack up. EDS, Westmeadows and Greenvale have all played 'top' teams. WC may provide more opposition than the 3 teams mentioned above, if elevated to Div 1. MV fell over the line against Abers #2 team, would not be fair on them playing the likes of Hillside, Keilor and Abers Div1 teams.

Grover, commonsense is a rare commodity. Hopefully they do not stuff it up like they did with this group 2 years ago.

I also think this should/will happen.

WC were more than competitive in a practice match against Strathmore 3-4 weeks ago (yeah I know) and would be much better suited to Div 1 than Westmeadows, EDS or Greenvale.

That will leave 10 teams in a very even Div 2 (noting AH have kicked about 70 goals in two games in Div 3 and will likely go up).

I also think this should/will happen.

WC were more than competitive in a practice match against Strathmore 3-4 weeks ago (yeah I know) and would be much better suited to Div 1 than Westmeadows, EDS or Greenvale.

That will leave 10 teams in a very even Div 2 (noting AH have kicked about 70 goals in two games in Div 3 and will likely go up).

Should be an interesting round this week amongst the Div 1 teams, Im keen to watch the Hillside v Strathmore game, West will be a good in for Strathmore, It should will be a good test for both those sides.
Abers v Keilor should be another cracking game, both sides have some boys in the Vic metro squad so it should be a high quality game.
Douttas and Westmeadows will both be looking for a good hit out given both sides have been flogged the last few weeks
You would expect Craigieburn to account for Greenvale comfortably, they will be dissappointed after being belted by Keilor last week
i think the first 2 games could go either way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently EDFL had already decided to promote West Coburg and demote Douttas after Rd 3, not even waiting to after rd 4.

Douttas beat Westmeadows by 60 points so I can't see how they can vindicate dropping Douttas before Westmeadows.

Apparently EDFL had already decided to promote West Coburg and demote Douttas after Rd 3, not even waiting to after rd 4.

Douttas beat Westmeadows by 60 points so I can't see how they can vindicate dropping Douttas before Westmeadows.
Thats a very poor decision by EDFL if true. Westmeadows should be down before Douttas. Is this Douttas plundering other teams over the past 2-3 years coming back to haunt them?

Watched good contest with Abers and Keilor. Hard fought win by Keilor but thought Abers lost the game rather than Keilor winning. Abers could hardly find any target in fwd 50. Was good to see Abers coach rightly chastise one of his players for dog act behind the ball.

Thats a very poor decision by EDFL if true. Westmeadows should be down before Douttas. Is this Douttas plundering other teams over the past 2-3 years coming back to haunt them?

Watched good contest with Abers and Keilor. Hard fought win by Keilor but thought Abers lost the game rather than Keilor winning. Abers could hardly find any target in fwd 50. Was good to see Abers coach rightly chastise one of his players for dog act behind the ball.
What happened to Walsh and Evans? Both normally quality players up forward?

What happened to Walsh and Evans? Both normally quality players up forward?
Evans one out up forward - walsh didn't play

The Abers forwards not helped by the delivery they received - 21 scoring shots to 17 tells the story that Abers were in the game

Maybe the forward structure was thrown out a bit so some room for improvement with Abers

Keilor pretty well drilled and ran the ball well out of defence - in the end 3 goals to Curtis Taylor tells the story

A number of new faces for Keilor this year who maybe didn't influence the contest as much as maybe they should have - that said #32 for Keilor goes ok as a bottom age - and Jacob Martyn for Abers is a jet as a bottom ager

Fastandloose, what was the poor act behind play, I went and had a look at the game also and must have missed it?
It was a pretty torrid affair all day, both sides were hard at it, Abers just had no one that could go with Taylor early as he really set them up. the red headed boy Hearne was good for Keilor after half time
Abers seem to play a loose in the Keilor forward half and it just didnt work for them, Keilor were well drilled and denied Abers any easy possesion, they just werent allowed to get their running game going
Both sides have got some nice players, the game could have gone either way, keilor maybe just a bit more polish in the end?
If Bytel plays he may have been the difference?

EDFL like making poor decisions, as fixture up for RD 4 and they dropped Douttas.

The only explanation for this is if Westmeadows asked to stay up.

EDFL like making poor decisions, as fixture up for RD 4 and they dropped Douttas.

The only explanation for this is if Westmeadows asked to stay up.
Strange call, 2 teams without a win stay in and the one team to notch up a victory and last years premiers go down????

Strange call, 2 teams without a win stay in and the one team to notch up a victory and last years premiers go down????
strange and disappointing. I'm sure most clubs would probably prefer no grading and going back to the old way.

At least the EDFL in imposing this system should make sure they don't stuff up simple grading decisions.

strange and disappointing. I'm sure most clubs would probably prefer no grading and going back to the old way.

At least the EDFL in imposing this system should make sure they don't stuff up simple grading decisions.

Looks to be some strange decisions in a few age groups. Is the league being influenced by some clubs. I see even in the lower grades the top teams don't necessarily go up even if the win every grading match and beat the team the league promoted... Strange..

The old way is better with premier clubs all playing in div1 juniors and playing the same club on Sunday that the seniors played against Saturday. It's still not fair I know..

Looks to be some strange decisions in a few age groups. Is the league being influenced by some clubs. I see even in the lower grades the top teams don't necessarily go up even if the win every grading match and beat the team the league promoted... Strange..

The old way is better with premier clubs all playing in div1 juniors and playing the same club on Sunday that the seniors played against Saturday. It's still not fair I know..

Grading was brought in to minimize the thrashings. It is not about a team winning every game but the manner in which they do it. A better guide is percentage. A percentage of 200 is normal for a team at 3-0 but some teams have percentages of 1000+ or even less than 1 which should be regraded.

The Westmeadows one is odd. I can't help but think Moonee Valley would be more competitive but I'm sure the league have their reasons.

My gripe with the grading system is playing 1st teams against 2nd or even 3rd teams. The scoreboard is one thing but having the youngest boys at some clubs against the oldest at others causes a physical mismatch.

Grading was brought in to minimize the thrashings. It is not about a team winning every game but the manner in which they do it. A better guide is percentage. A percentage of 200 is normal for a team at 3-0 but some teams have percentages of 1000+ or even less than 1 which should be regraded.

The Westmeadows one is odd. I can't help but think Moonee Valley would be more competitive but I'm sure the league have their reasons.

My gripe with the grading system is playing 1st teams against 2nd or even 3rd teams. The scoreboard is one thing but having the youngest boys at some clubs against the oldest at others causes a physical mismatch.

Very good point you raised with 1st teams playing 2nd & 3rds team.
However I did hear of a game in where a younger smaller kid filled in at a higher age group and the other side took it easy on him with tackling. It was Abers so well done to these kids. Great to hear a positive story coming out of junior footy..

Moonee Valley should be demanding to play Div 1 , maybe this is why their senior club will only ever be B or C Grade? Don't be "too sure" about the League having their reason's, that is alluding to the League know what they're doing? In regards the grading games with Clubs 1sts team playing against clubs 2nd team, yes in some instances this is an issue, but definitely not with the likes of Abers, Keilor, Hillside ect.. where their 2nd side is 90% made up of 2nd year players....

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL U16 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back