Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Reef still hasn’t got the running endurance to play midfield. He’d be a liability. And if he doesn’t have it after four seasons, he’s unlikely to ever get it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

he needs to be 40-60 mid/forward. IMO, He has the attributes.

I reckon the penny has dropped for him that to make the grade he needs to get his hands dirty. He has the body to be a Tom Green type. Some of his inside work has been really promising.

I reckon the penny has dropped for him that to make the grade he needs to get his hands dirty. He has the body to be a Tom Green type. Some of his inside work has been really promising.

The Club finally started playing him in correct spot, rather than a wing.

He looked completely out of his depth against Freo. Played well tonight and looks to be a player. Although even North and Eagles would’ve beaten Melb tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reef still hasn’t got the running endurance to play midfield. He’d be a liability. And if he doesn’t have it after four seasons, he’s unlikely to ever get it.

It took Jordy a long time too.
Not saying they compare skill-wise, of course, but he can play a forward-mid mix too & develop in that direction.
Oh, and Ed was terrific tonight - good instincts & the height with long arms to handball long.. Really encouraging. Muscle up, Edward!

Last edited:
What impressed me was his inside work and vision to clear the ball from congestion tonight. He’s ahead of Fin in that area now. If he can start to accumulate, with another preseason to put on some bulk he could start to become a real weapon in the middle.

Much better than his first outing when he was nowhere near ready. If he wants it he'll make it.
He prob would have been poor tonight if it was his first game
AFL is so much quicker than VFL
Tonight he knew what to expect and nearly always took first option and was better w his positioning (although this prob also came from being played as a genuine onballer)
Great game to build on

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Edward Allan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back