Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk II with F/A rules in OP - Billings for a fourth rounder the latest rumour

What do we do with the #1 pick?

• Use it

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • Trade it for multiple top 10 picks

Votes: 65 42.2%
  • Trade it for players

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Trade it for players and first round picks

Votes: 13 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

@Hurleystaxi on Twitter saying that Hurley will be announced as staying either tomorrow or Friday.
Good bloke. Not 100% all the time but he's been fairly reliable so would somewhat believe.

If Hurley and the other boys come back the momentum we will take into next season will be so exciting.
Best 22 of:
Bags Hartley Ambrose
McKenna Hurley Hibberd
Colyer Watson Merrett
Parish Daniher Stanton
Fantasia Hooker Brown
Berger Goddard Heppell
Myers Tippa Gleeson Zaka

Putting pressure: Bird, Long, Laverde, Langford, Francis, Redman, Hocking.
Pick 1, 19 and whoever else we land.

This would be about our best and most balanced list since 2001.
Early days may mean we play Bird, Langford and Laverde before putting Myers, Watson and Stanton back in.
Not bad having some seniors of that ilk having to fight kids for their spot.

Best 22 of:
Bags Hartley Ambrose
McKenna Hurley Hibberd
Colyer Watson Merrett
Parish Daniher Stanton
Fantasia Hooker Brown
Berger Goddard Heppell
Myers Tippa Gleeson Zaka

Early days may mean we play Bird, Langford and Laverde before putting Myers, Watson and Stanton back in.
That is a serious team.

No Bellchambers?

Good to see that you have selected Armbrose. He has done an awesome job this year.

That is a serious team.

No Bellchambers?

Good to see that you have selected Armbrose. He has done an awesome job this year.
Belly v Brown - whoever takes their opps the most. Or whichever is more mobile.
Its been so long since I've seen Belly play at anything resembling AFL standard that I'm not getting my hopes up.
He may be one of those players where the lay off is beneficial to them. 18 months to heal the foot injury.

Ambrose and McKenna have seriously impressed me in defence (along with Hartley from day 1).
We lost Fletch and Carlisle and effectively replaced them

An article is saying GC will want 2 first round picks for O'Meara. I get that it's probably their opening position and they expect to be negotiated down from there but that still seems really excessive for someone who may be unable to play footy again. Maybe he'll end up in the PSD if GC get stubborn because I can't see many clubs agreeing to that.

An article is saying GC will want 2 first round picks for O'Meara. I get that it's probably their opening position and they expect to be negotiated down from there but that still seems really excessive for someone who may be unable to play footy again. Maybe he'll end up in the PSD if GC get stubborn because I can't see many clubs agreeing to that.
Has anybody given that sort of thing up for a player who hasn't played a game in 2 years? No. Can't believe we're still the ones who "overrate our own players much more than everyone else" and "are extremely hard to deal with" when GC are clearly far worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol when they mention the Treloar trade. Treloar didn't have the massive injury cloud plus the Pies got absolutely screwed. Pick 19 or get stuffed and PSD.

What they want and what they will take are entirely different things. I want Bontempelli in a Hurley trade but that isn't realistic. Neither are GC.

What I do know is that they won't let him go without getting anything in return. So I wouldn't spend a moment hoping for the PSD.

Has anybody given that sort of thing up for a player who hasn't played a game in 2 years? No. Can't believe we're still the ones who "overrate our own players much more than everyone else" and "are extremely hard to deal with" when GC are clearly far worse.
He's 22 and a jet. But i don't think he'll net them 2 1st rounders
they will get one for Prestia and one for Jaeger. Both have had terrible injury luck to net them top dollar.

Say they were late 1st rounders over the next 2 drafts
i.e Hawks give up theirs for Jaeger and Dogs follow suit.
they will be picks around 17 mark.

Thats about 4000 points.
Pick 1 is worth 3000.

Would you offer it for both? If Gold Coast were keen enough to secure Brodie/McCluggage.

they will get one for Prestia and one for Jaeger. Both have had terrible injury luck to net them top dollar.

Say they were late 1st rounders over the next 2 drafts
i.e Hawks give up theirs for Jaeger and Dogs follow suit.
they will be picks around 17 mark.

Thats about 4000 points.
Pick 1 is worth 3000.

Would you offer it for both? If Gold Coast were keen enough to secure Brodie/McCluggage.

He is 22 yes but as far as being a jet, well he may have been but recently the wings have been glued back on and the engine has been out of tune. Not even sure i would offer a top 20 pick for a bloke who has broken down 4 times in 2 seasons.

They said on SEN GC have offered him a pretty generous contract but only 2 years. Im guessing the generous bit is relative to him not having played for 2 years.

I wouldnt be trusting that source of 2 first rounders just yet thats way way overs even for GC. Ofcourse they will ask for overs but for at this stage that is an early first rounder because no one is gonna give more than that. Unless he agrees to and passes medicals.

He was 20 and a yet. He is now 22 and neither we nor anyone else has any idea what he is. Best case scenario he returns to his best and follows a normal development curve. Realistic scenario is that he has passed his peak but remains a good player. Worst case scenario he is out of the league by the age of 25.

I don't envy any team trying to determine his value.

Don't think anyone has, or would in this particular case. Closest would be Judd who hobbled through his last year at WCE and was effectively traded for 2 first rounders (pretty sure Kennedy was a top 5 pick). And even then Judd's injuries were no where near that of JOM, and Judd was already an established gun.

Best 22 of:
Bags Hartley Ambrose
McKenna Hurley Hibberd
Colyer Watson Merrett
Parish Daniher Stanton
Fantasia Hooker Brown
Berger Goddard Heppell
Myers Tippa Gleeson Zaka

An exciting looking team! Finally a bit of pace through there, though I'd still prefer to see Hocking in ahead of either McKenna or Gleeson... probs McKenna at this point.

That is the author and other clubs recruiters opinions, not Gold Coasts.

In all seriousness, if there's no 'Hurley megatrade', pick 1 for Nat Fyfe is better than anything involving either JOM or Prestia. We'd be likely to have to throw in something else I'd think and Freo would be nuts to trade out Fyfe, but if we are looking to trade out pick 1 for an established player, surely it's Fyfe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back