Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

• Since the rankings this round will define who is in and out of the eliminator this year, thought it was an idea refresh everyone minds on the rules of Eliminator and create some constructive conversation or destructive conversation whatever comes first. Happy hunting.
  • Each eligible entry will receive a ranking based on their team score at the completion of Round 4;
  • Each team in the top 131,072 entries will be matched up against another team in the next 131,072 entries based on their rankings;
  • In Round 5, these teams will be matched up and play 'head-to-head' against one another, the winner being the team that scores the most points for the round;
  • The winning teams proceed to the next round, losing teams are eliminated and take no further part in the Eliminator competition;
  • The process is repeated with all remaining teams for the remainder of the season, until there are 2 teams remaining in Round 22. The higher scoring of the two teams in Round 22 will be deemed the Eliminator Winner;
  • In the event of a tied score at any stage, the team with the highest total score for the season-to-date is deemed the winner - if this is equal, the winner will be the team who registered first in time.

yeah small prize but the guys at the end of the eliminator will have the car on their minds come the end of the year instead of this

What are people's opinion on which is harder to win the eliminator or the overall. I think the eliminator is hard to win and therefore should be granted a greater prize. Obviousily VS has a set amount of prize money they can give away. But i wouldnt mind seeing the overall pricze get 20-30k and the winner of the eliminator get a cheap toyota car, maybe 15-20k.

What are people's thoughts on this and what would you like the prizes to be?

Which comp is harder to win?

What are people's opinion on which is harder to win the eliminator or the overall. I think the eliminator is hard to win and therefore should be granted a greater prize. Obviousily VS has a set amount of prize money they can give away. But i wouldnt mind seeing the overall pricze get 20-30k and the winner of the eliminator get a cheap toyota car, maybe 15-20k.

What are people's thoughts on this and what would you like the prizes to be?

Which comp is harder to win?

The eliminator should definitely be more than 1k but it should not be nearly as large as grand prize IMO. I think it should be around $5000 if you win the eliminator. It is certainly harder to win the eliminator than the weekly prize but the eliminator has a much greater element of luck than the grand prize. If someone was to get incredibly lucky with opponnents and scores they could really win the eliminator with an avg that would place them no where near the overall prize. Should be more than 1000 but no more than say 10 000 for the eliminator IMO. I actually think they should have made eliminator 5k and instead of giving the bonus 10k to the person with the highest weekly score, they could give a bonus 5k.

To win the eliminator you really need to either have a brilliant team or 'get lucky' on multiple occassions whereas someone could theoretically 'get lucky' for just 1 week in the season and pocket $11,000. Doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: Something to note with the eliminator this year is that there will be a few thousand participants that actually registered for DT before round 2 who would get to compete in the eliminator because at the end of round 1 i believe there were about 255,000 teams registered so a further 7 and a bit thousand would have registered after the completion of round 1 and gotten into the eliminator. I don't think the prize should be so great to potentially reward these people who enter their team after the start of the season. Even though 1 round of information isn't alot to go on it could still be the difference between Tippett and Ballyntine though. If one of these people was to win a say 15,000 dollar prize it wouldn't be very fair to the people that registered before round 1 and came close to winning the eliminator. Anyway, i think 5000 is a good number, any less is too little. Too much more and it becomes too much IMO.

edit: Something to note with the eliminator this year is that there will be a few thousand participants that actually registered for dt before round 2 who would get to compete in the eliminator because at the end of round 1 i believe there were about 255,000 teams registered so a further 7 and a bit thousand would have registered after the completion of round 1 and gotten into the eliminator. I don't think the prize should be so great to potentially reward these people who enter their team after the start of the season. Even though 1 round of information isn't alot to go on it could still be the difference between tippett and ballyntine though. If one of these people was to win a say 15,000 dollar prize it wouldn't be very fair to the people that registered before round 1 and came close to winning the eliminator. Anyway, i think 5000 is a good number, any less is too little. Too much more and it becomes too much imo.

Still randomly assigning top half vs bottom half. My team crapped out last round so my weekly ranking was in the 60'000s, yet I've drawn somone from the very bottom of the eliminator rankings ranked in the 240000's.

This does mean also that eliminator rankings are based purely on your previous weeks ranking (as usual)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still randomly assigning top half vs bottom half. My team crapped out last round so my weekly ranking was in the 60'000s, yet I've drawn somone from the very bottom of the eliminator rankings ranked in the 240000's.

This does mean also that eliminator rankings are based purely on your previous weeks ranking (as usual)

Fairly sure the first weeks rankings are based on your overall position!

Edit: No i'm wrong - still is the weekly rank!

This week I have 'Geelong Cats' which is made up entirely of Geelong players... should be an easy start to the year.

Also, I think your opponent should be based on your overall ranking in case you have a bad week. Seems a bit fairer to me that way.

how do they work the rankings out ?

weekly rank : 51,365 of 284,209
overall ranking: 9,468 of 284,209

Eliminator Ranking in Round 4: 51373

But i got

weekly rank : 51,365

and Eliminator Ranking in Round 4: 51,3738 spots off
maybe its that random teams signed up n done good this week ahead of the first lot of people ?

This week I have 'Geelong Cats' which is made up entirely of Geelong players... should be an easy start to the year.

Also, I think your opponent should be based on your overall ranking in case you have a bad week. Seems a bit fairer to me that way.
I don't think so, that is just the luck of the eliminator. If you consistenly have good rounds you will get rewarded. One bad round and you just have to deal with likely playing a quality opponent. Major reason i say no for overall ranking for this year is that some people would have joined after round 1 and been eligible for the eliminator this year as 262,000 had not registered by the end of round 1. This means that if it was on overall people who could be averaging 1900+ are placed in the lower section of the eliminator because they joined after round 1.

I'm playing an Ok team for its ranking of ~ 215000. Their backline is actually quite solid: Enright, Gram, Malceski, Ellis, Goodwin, Hargrave, Hurley (L.Brown, Buckley). But after the first 3/4 players of the midfield in Goddard, Ling, Rich and Swift the team turns into goo. They have just 3 playing forwards in Byrnes, Hall, T.Lonergan.

But i got

weekly rank : 51,365

and Eliminator Ranking in Round 4: 51,3738 spots off
maybe its that random teams signed up n done good this week ahead of the first lot of people ?

I'm sure a lot of people would have shared your weekly ranking.

The eliminator ranking is just all the people with your weekly ranking split up a tiny bit if that makes sense.

Example:
10 people were ranked equal 51,365th for the week.
Since eliminator rankings can't be the same they are split into:
51365, 51366, 511367... etc

the team im playin is ranked 170k+ and has a lot of carlton players. with carlton playin geelong this week i should be fine.

His average = 1520
My Average = 2005

Yep im fine

Remove this Banner Ad

Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back