Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical... just as I predicted. Up against a team that had two 0's last week with Ablett and Boyd out. He has a pretty strong line up and this is going to be a much tougher game then 716 Vs 60276 should be!

Going to interesting for me this week. Playing a guy ranked well above me, but he has no forward cover (Rusling and Watts) so if Franklin misses he'll cop a zero. He also has both Silvagni and Macguire, with only Davis as cover so he'll have to trade to avoid a zero. Has a strong midfield and pretty capable rucks. Will be far harder to win this than my first two quite easy victories. Really need Franklin to miss. :p

I'm done for this round. Got a bloke who picked his team after round two.:thumbsdown:
His back: Hodge, Gilbee, Carazzo, Scotland, Waters
Midfield: Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Judd, Barlow
Forward: O'Keefe, Brown, Brennan, Didak, Byrnes

I have no chance.:mad:

Hmm up against a bloke who scored 19 less than me last week but has scored about 1000 points less than me overall. Both copped 0's last week mine was Ablett his was Martin. Hopefully with Gaz back the 19 point difference should be more like the 150 odd points the average scores suggest.

My blokes players average 50 below mine, so it'll be tight. He may also trade up this week as he's got Maguire to cover. Or hopefully he doesn't :thumbsu:

*edit* bugger it I dropped Silvagni (second bench) down to Dyland Robertson and upgraded Bastinac to Gibbs. No point waiting for half the season over for Swan when I can get Gibbs in a firesale.

I should be able to get over the line this week. My opponent has Franklin (cover is Watts and Rusling) and his defense has Silvagni and Polak, with no defenders as emergencies. So he's in all sort of strife. However, he has a cracking midfield of Swan, Dal Santo, Barlow, Selwood, Deliedo and Judd. Should be able to take someone with three zeros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opponent has a strange side (picks like grundy, schoenmakers and schneider seem odd to me) but still a fairly strong one. He has had scully and gia play well already so I may be in trouble.

His one mistake though is that he put silvagni emergency instead of farmer, so he will cop a donut if one of his backs withdraws.

3/213
Hodge 84-would have liked a little more but since he's my opponent's captain that limits the damage
Waters 62 (maybe trade time)
Gumbleton (about what Duncan would have got so ok)

Opponent got a great game out of Birchall but 21 from Schoenmakers, so overall it's about 50-50.

My opponent has Monfries (130), Hooker (75), Ebert (95) and Lecras (81) all scoring well above their average. Need a few of his premium to have bad games otherwise I'm probably out.

Me: 1266/14
Opponent: 1164/13

Ill probably win though considering my opponent has Joe Dare starting when he has Scully and Trengove on the bench :confused:

Also has Warnock which will be a zero.

Already got my game wrapped up. Opponent is on 1270/18 with Judd(C) Martin Kennelly & Malceski while I'm on 1050/11 with most of my guns still to come.

I should easily win my watch assuming my opponent's guns don't all have days out. He's on 794, with Goddard, Kennelley, Hunt, P.Davis, Dal Santo, Selwood, Deliedo, Judd, Chapman, O'Keefe and Pods to come. I'm on 1434, having played 16. I've got Goddard and O'Keefe so unless Chapman and Dal Santo both score 150 I should be okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eliminator Thread 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back