doiler

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide Roosters
I forgot to post this earlier in the week. Last Saturday my old club Elizabeth recorded the biggest ever win in Adelaide's amateur football league with a 70-30-450 to 1-3-9 demolition of North Pines in Div.6 A-Grade.

The top goalscorer (only) bagged 16 and I think there were 3 blokes that kicked 9 each. It's good to see the Eagles doing well as they had been sliding down the divisions in recent years.

Go you EagS!!!!!!!!

I didn't see that score.

I'm an ex player too and once played in a game where the boys kicked 63 goals - 1995 - but wow!

70!

Doiler - who are you? When were you at the Eags?

I played all my junior footy at the Eagles from the U/8's up before I stopped playing due to an ankle injury. I reckon that would have been from about 91 to 99.

Well yeh that was a huge score pity i was on the opposing team(my first game of A grade to after i had played b's).Yes we are travelling poorly but i must say as the papers said we only ended up with 14 players after half time we had 6 send offs during the game and 5 players that had already played a full game of B grade.Yes i know there is no excuses for a such a bad performance some of our players need to learn to man up doesnt matter if you dont get a touch as long as your player is not either.Also we have nova fm coming out to our game against henley this week they calling it the showdown,we have also got a couple of new sponsors for next year due to being talked about on radio etc this week.Hopefully next year all our players will want to perform a lot better than this year,im sure we will as i can say i never want to go through another year like this and many of the other players dont either.

Burnsy said:
Well yeh that was a huge score pity i was on the opposing team(my first game of A grade to after i had played b's).Yes we are travelling poorly but i must say as the papers said we only ended up with 14 players after half time we had 6 send offs during the game and 5 players that had already played a full game of B grade.Yes i know there is no excuses for a such a bad performance some of our players need to learn to man up doesnt matter if you dont get a touch as long as your player is not either.Also we have nova fm coming out to our game against henley this week they calling it the showdown,we have also got a couple of new sponsors for next year due to being talked about on radio etc this week.Hopefully next year all our players will want to perform a lot better than this year,im sure we will as i can say i never want to go through another year like this and many of the other players dont either.

I honestly can't see it possible how there can be nearly 18 goals scored a quarter. Was it litterally just tap, midfield clearence, goal?

yep thats about spot on tap,midfield,forward,goal,i was playing on the wing not good to watch.

Elizabeth followed up pretty well this weekend kicking 31-24-210 to Colonel Light Gardens 2-3-15.

That gives the Eagles a scoreline of 101-54-660 to 3-6-24 in the last 2 matches.

Needless to say Elizabeth are comfortably on top with a percentage of 74 which is very impressive.

doiler said:
Elizabeth followed up pretty well this weekend kicking 31-24-210 to Colonel Light Gardens 2-3-15.

That gives the Eagles a scoreline of 101-54-660 to 3-6-24 in the last 2 matches.

Needless to say Elizabeth are comfortably on top with a percentage of 74 which is very impressive.

74? :eek: not that impressive! lol

more like 740 or sumthing ?

doiler said:

least my old team colonel light cut 50% of elizabeth's score from last week:)

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
74? :eek: not that impressive! lol

more like 740 or sumthing ?

The percentages in South Australia are based on the team's score divided by the total score between both teams. For example, if a team won 150-50, their percentage would by 75, as they have scored 75% of all points in the games they have played.

I think that's how it works :)

westy07 said:
The percentages in South Australia are based on the team's score divided by the total score between both teams. For example, if a team won 150-50, their percentage would by 75, as they have scored 75% of all points in the games they have played.

I think that's how it works :)

That's how we do it. So in the last two weeks Elizabeth's percentage would be worked out as follows:

660(Elizabeth's points for)x100 =66000

divided by 684 (total score of both games)

which equals 96.50%

This formula avoids the ridiculous situation of teams having more than 100%.

1933 - too long ago said:
Interesting.

Sounds like SA just has to be different.

Did I see somewhere that you guys only give two points for a win as well?

And still only have 3 man benches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cuthbert30 said:
least my old team colonel light cut 50% of elizabeth's score from last week:)

Im a colonel light gardens bloke myself, played Bs yesterday, one of two goal kickers hehe! burnsy are you one of the young blonde blokes in the Bs for north pines, im number 19 from colonel light gardens, the bloke that got his head taken off in a tackle and didnt get the free heeh

doiler said:
That's how we do it. So in the last two weeks Elizabeth's percentage would be worked out as follows:

660(Elizabeth's points for)x100 =66000

divided by 684 (total score of both games)

which equals 96.50%

This formula avoids the ridiculous situation of teams having more than 100%.

sorry im so confused i thought that it was a typo. interesting system and yeah would be good to see. Country teams having percentages of like 600 is a bit ridiculous!

doiler said:
I forgot to post this earlier in the week. Last Saturday my old club Elizabeth recorded the biggest ever win in Adelaide's amateur football league with a 70-30-450 to 1-3-9 demolition of North Pines in Div.6 A-Grade.

The top goalscorer (only) bagged 16 and I think there were 3 blokes that kicked 9 each. It's good to see the Eagles doing well as they had been sliding down the divisions in recent years.
PM Mobbenfuhrer with this score as he has a thread of highest scores somewhere

Scottroo i was number 4 in that game im the little older bloke with the tatts,and if your the guy that copped one in the face by our big forward in the last quarter that means i was the bloke that had a tussle with u in that big fight on the sidelines,by the way i was only trying to drag u out of that fight ive never thrown a punch YET,wasnt a bad game roughest we had all year.Just wondering what you have thought of the overall umpiring this season me personally i think its been pretty ******** poor.

Burnsy said:
Scottroo i was number 4 in that game im the little older bloke with the tatts,and if your the guy that got copped one in the face by our big forward in the last quarter that means i was the bloke that had a tussle with u in that big fight on the sidelines,by the way i was only trying to drag u out of that fight ive never thrown a punch YET,wasnt a bad game roughest we had all year.

this the game at clg or at north pines

at ur home ground the big fight was on the sideline. In the game on our home ground i was number 24

Go the Eagles!!!!!

Another big win.
I'll surely be heading home to watch them in a GF.

This reminds of 1995 when I was back home playing for them.
We beat Ovingham by 60 goals and on that day every player in our side kicked a goal. I never thought that club record would be beaten.

Hopefully the boys do better in the GF than we did that year....we went through season undefeated and lost it.
I was BOG that day - means very little.

If the boys win the flag this year - there will be a lot of happy people, glad to have wiped that 95 disappointment away.

Scottroo said:
haha i was the one that got hit/pushed by the umpire :p not the young skinny bloke
was this on your home ground or ours,i remember one of our players got pushed by the umpire when we played on your home ground then our player pushed him back i told the umpire you want to report him ill be at the tribunal as a witness in why he did lol

Burnsy said:
was this on your home ground or ours,i remember one of our players got pushed by the umpire when we played on your home ground then our player pushed him back i told the umpire you want to report him ill be at the tribunal as a witness in why he did lol

hehe, god we do stupid stuff on the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Elizabeth notch record win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back