Toast Embley? Redeming himself?

Remove this Banner Ad

BadSeed

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
How good has Embley been this game, I have been amazed at how hard he is actually working and a lot of his kicks are coming off nicely. Superb game, makes me think twice before calling for his retirement again this year.. :thumbsu:

his last few weeks have been much better.

he just runs so damn hard. he looked so much more daring and attacking tonight also, like the good old days.

fantastic to see.

Work rate and application has always been there its just his delivery that was 100% better then it was at the start of the year. He was also very good last weekend, just seems to peak towards the end of a season.

Work rate and application has always been there its just his delivery that was 100% better then it was at the start of the year. He was also very good last weekend, just seems to peak towards the end of a season.

spot on:thumbsu:
well done embley!!:thumbsu:

Embley is a perfect example of a confidence player - not just personal, but team confidence. When we're up and fighting, and think we're in with a chance, Embley will be there. When we go in hoping for an honourable defeat at best, Embley will be MIA.

Essentially it's why he's not captaincy material. But IMO, confidence was the big thing this week that was there - the game plan was the same, but when we were still in front after a poor first quarter, I reckon the confidence came riding in. It's amazing just how much better we looked after quarter time - dare I say it, like a team that can win...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously thought skills and decision making had passed him by with the increased pace of the game, but it would seem he is just a classic confidence player. If we can start hitting some form then he will be more than handy to have around the youngsters.

Funny to watch you all backpedal. Embers still has plenty of footy left in him and just because he had a poor patch of form, all of a sudden he should retire. It was ridiculous what has been touted on these boards about Embley this season. He is a quality player and he has shown that in the last few weeks.

Onya Embers.. keep it up and we will stop bagging ya :D:thumbsu:

Embley is a perfect example of a confidence player - not just personal, but team confidence. When we're up and fighting, and think we're in with a chance, Embley will be there. When we go in hoping for an honourable defeat at best, Embley will be MIA.

Essentially it's why he's not captaincy material. But IMO, confidence was the big thing this week that was there - the game plan was the same, but when we were still in front after a poor first quarter, I reckon the confidence came riding in. It's amazing just how much better we looked after quarter time - dare I say it, like a team that can win...

And exactly why someone like Waters is. He's there working hard, taking the strong marks, holding up our defense and sometimes our entire team whether we are getting a flogging or doing well.

Funny to watch you all backpedal. Embers still has plenty of footy left in him and just because he had a poor patch of form, all of a sudden he should retire. It was ridiculous what has been touted on these boards about Embley this season. He is a quality player and he has shown that in the last few weeks.
I was surprised tonight by Embley. Really surprised.:eek:
I still hope he and Lynch will be moved on next year.

Lynch must not go next year.

He is finally doing what he wants in the forward line and not what Worsfold wanted at the beginning of the year.

When he roams around he is good.

The coaching panel have realised isolating Le Cras can work.

We kicked 20 goals

and when he moves up the wing his marking and strength is invaluble.

I think Lynch and Kennedy play a similiar role. ie. They both roam. I prefer Kennedy to do this and think Lynch just gets in his way and detracts from Kenned's work ethic.

We have failed to see how they can both operate together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Embley? Redeming himself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back