SingaporeSling

Team Captain
May 1, 2006
Singapore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Soton Red Sox Cowboys
Think we should a rule on this site - no meber of losing a match after a win is not allowed to post ..

The emotional overreaction...

We are in transition....From the Buckley , Burns era to a new era with H Shaw , Thomas and Pendlebury.Nex year Cook and stanley will come in. Growing pains expected.

By and large the year has been better than expected. Flat track bullies certianly.

Clearly though against the better teams we have been found wanting.

The key fwd have let us down late. Whilst wecontinue to go with one ruck we will continue to lose games. Pure folly.

Some hard decisons on talls at end of year. Walker, Fanning, Richards and C Cloke in all serious doubt. They are just not maturing.

At the draft we need talls and talls and then talls.

1-2 drafts away from being remotely been a contender. ( i.e 2-3 years ). Next year may even see a step backwards as this will be Bucks and Burns last year.

I dont think we are any certainty to make the eight either just quietly. This slide is rapidly turning into a avalanche of a slump.

Patience is required.

SingaporeSling said:
Think we should a rule on this site - no meber of losing a match after a win is not allowed to post ..

We are in transition....From the Buckley , Burns era to a new era with H Shaw , Thomas and Pendlebury.Nex year Cook and stanley will come in. Growing pains expected.

By and large the year has been better than expected. Flat track bullies certianly.

Clearly though against the better teams we have been found wanting.

The key fwd have let us down late. Whilst wecontinue to go with one ruck we will continue to lose games. Pure folly.

Some hard decisons on talls at end of year. Walker, Fanning, Richards and C Cloke in all serious doubt. They are just not maturing.

At the draft we need talls and talls and then talls.

1-2 drafts away from being remotely been a contender. ( i.e 2-3 years ). Next year may even see a step backwards as this will be Bucks and Burns last year.

I dont think we are any certainty to make the eight either just quietly. This slide is rapidly turning into a avalanche of a slump.

Patience is required.

His trade value is at best end 1st round.

We have seen his best footy.

SingaporeSling said:
His trade value is at best end 1st round.

We have seen his best footy.

Trade him for a ready made and proven ruckman.

After Fraser, our rucks are mediocre. And Fraser isn't a good ruckman when it comes to hit outs. Good around the ground, just not in the ruck.

SingaporeSling said:

speakin of emotional overreactions:rolleyes:

Dazman said:
Trade him for a ready made and proven ruckman.

After Fraser, our rucks are mediocre. And Fraser isn't a good ruckman when it comes to hit outs. Good around the ground, just not in the ruck.

Can we please get one or two asap, before Fraser has to retire at age 26 because Malthouse has continued to flog the poor bugger since day one. Going into games with just Fraser is plain insanity.

Hadders said:
speakin of emotional overreactions:rolleyes:

Key factor is our mid range have dropped of us. didak, Swan Davis thru injury of foem have just dropped a cog.
Kids marking times naturally and understandably.
Key fwd and the vets not delivering. Cant be too critical of the vets. I can be of the fwds.
Josh been slaughtetered by Malthouse.

We are one loss from been joint 7-8th.

Critical game v Freo.

Not giving up yet

Murray said:
gimie a break
what a bunch of tossers

I can't believe how intelligent you are, all your comments add so much to threads on this forum. Have you ever added any value knobjockey?

Daicosian said:
I can't believe how intelligent you are, all your comments add so much to threads on this forum. Have you ever added any value knobjockey?
Chicken Little - "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"
Your turn Feltcher

Take out the emotion and you have an unsustainable business.

As for transition, that’s just an incompetent joke. Poor trading and poor drafting gave us the list we have had for years and that we have now. Hopefully we have addressed the drafting. The trading is another matter. You need to get both right to win premierships.

Murray said:
Chicken Little - "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"
Your turn Feltcher

More quality from you clown. Where was it said that the sky is falling? The thread states it's an emotional overreaction moron, or do you not read the titles and just come in and sledge others? Do you believe that running Fraser as a sole ruckman is a wise move? Add some content idiot.

Daicosian said:
More quality from you clown. Where was it said that the sky is falling? The thread states it's an emotional overreaction moron, or do you not read the titles and just come in and sledge others? Do you believe that running Fraser as a sole ruckman is a wise move? Add some content idiot.
You do realise you are not really Peter Daicos don't you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SingaporeSling said:
Key factor is our mid range have dropped of us. didak, Swan Davis thru injury of foem have just dropped a cog.
Kids marking times naturally and understandably.
Key fwd and the vets not delivering. Cant be too critical of the vets. I can be of the fwds.
Josh been slaughtetered by Malthouse.

We are one loss from been joint 7-8th.

Critical game v Freo.

Not giving up yet

didak has been one of our best and most consistent players this year. he had one bad game on the weekend. swan returning from injury hasn't been at the same level he was earlier in the year but he'll take a bit of time to find that .

vets aren't delivering? bucks was bog for the Pies yesterday with burnsy not too far behind. licca is licca. sure the forwards are down but to say that this "slide is fast becoming an avalanche of a slump" is as you put it an "emotional overreaction".

one win from 7-8th? we're in the top 4 FFS! think glass half full rather than half empty.

Time To Trade
Walker , C Cloke , Fanning , Richards , Wakelin to retire
We must keep Jason Cloke if something happens to Presti or Clement where in big trouble. We need a key backman , a good ruckman , and a good onballer
Rodan from Richmond is unhappy won't be there next year.maybe a swap C Cloke for Rodan. Jason Cloke should have been in weeks ago and i agree MM will kill Fraser playing one ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Emotional Overreaction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back