****en pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 8, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon,Storm,La Lakers
Absolute pathetic, insipid and disgusting performance tonight with everything to play for.
Can obviously see us bottoming out again next year with some of our players who are just not good enough and don't seem to give a s h i t.

Everything to play for tonight and didn't give a yelp, probably the most disappointing loss i've experienced.
Very disgruntled and ashamed.

I thought the dons would've really come out firing and be really g'ed up for this match....didnt' seem that way tho....sad way to end for both champs.

I thought the dons would've really come out firing and be really g'ed up for this match....didnt' seem that way tho....sad way to end for both champs.

It doesn't change anything. Nothings changed from last week. The season is still over and Sheedy and Hird are still Essendon legends.

Richmond showed us how to play a hard running game tonight! The bottom side showed us a clean pair of heels after 1/4 time! It's clean out time!!!

Insipid, frankly. They could have/should have romped a final 8 berth.
Farewell, from us in Melbourne to our Bomber heroes. You deserved more.
Oh god, I am gonna drink another bottle of red I reckon.
Thank god for Melbourne Storm. True champs.

No, sorry but can't give away a loss to a bottom-placed team as being due to the injuries or a better running side. Either we thought of ourselves as a competetive team which should have dominated the contest, for emotion or general superior skills, as 80,000 paying fans did, or we gave up on Thursday night when the team list was announced. Sure, fletcher would've helped, but he couldn't have stopped 13 individual goalkickers.

Yeah I'm pretty sh*tty with the way they played.
Hlaf of them looked like they didnt even try.
Very dissapointing!
Would of been sitting in 9th and knocking on the door..but it would of just been good to win for Hird and Sheeds.

08 will be here before we know it.
Will be an intresting year..perhaps a re-building phrase..which may or may not take a few years.
but would love to finish top 10.

Doubt we will win next week,
but GO DONS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely disgusting performance.

The lack of an ability to stop Richmond creating loose men all over the ground all night was both glaring and shameful. And, as for our 'skills' by hand and foot .. possibly as bad as they've ever been.

I'm infuriated by the performance by at least 10 of the guys out there tonight .. if you're not going to put your heart and soul into a match like that to honour two amazing champions, then when will you ever do so? Gutless and embarrassing.

Notwithstanding my anger, if I was part of the group of people at the club responsible for trading, then I'd be very tempted to put all of the following names on that list at the moment: Hille, Slattery, Welsh, McPhee, Monfries. Absolutely pathetic effort from all of those guys again tonight. :thumbsdown:

I am not the sort of fan who bashes the team, but honestly there were times I thought the game plan must have been stay off your man and stand still... :confused:.

Just plain lazy and not interested.

Richmond had free players whenever they wanted them, and parts of the last quarter was actually like a training drill.
What was wrong with Hille? He was beaten almost every time by amateur ruckmen.

I can't believe some people thought Sheedy should have been reinstated.
Its almost as though he's trying to take down Essendon with him.
The games against Hawthorn, Freo, Carlton and Richmond have been some of the worst of the year when you would've thought they'd have been the best with Sheedy and Hird going

honestly - expected much more from the bombers and supporters

either way - good luck and best wishes to hird and sheeds - both have added so much (for the better) to AFL and all that is good about it - both deserved a better effort and send off from the players and (many, but not all) fans alike.

good luck hirdy - and i hope you and your lovely kids enjoy the next phase of your life

Also - all my wishes to young nash - hope he is okay and healthy:thumbsu:

We're still a bottom 4 side. Im tipping more heartache for another season at least, maybe till 2010 at the earliest.

Horrendous performance. Too many passive players looking around instead of doing the hard stuff themselves. Too many **** ups.

What's with us losing whenever Hird has a milestone type game ?

Remove this Banner Ad

****en pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back