****en pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its time for Astro_toby to stay off our board! We know ya won so ya dont have to rub it in any further. Humble in Victory remember!!!

I think you should remember that as well. How would have the bomber fans would have acted if you won? Or even better like when you beat us the last time two of your fans wanted to fight me. All because I wanted to know there point of view!!!

I think you should remember that as well. How would have the bomber fans would have acted if you won? Or even better like when you beat us the last time two of your fans wanted to fight me. All because I wanted to know there point of view!!!

Listen i cant speak for every Essendon Supporter there is! If 2 of them wanted to fight you then its none of my business! I can tell you 1 thing i wouldnt be on your board trolling if we had of won!

Very disappointing way to send off two champions. Think we might be waving goodbye to a few other players too. The skill errors were frustrating but the lack of intensity was embarrassing. To dish up that insipid garbage on such an occasion, with so much at stake, is unforgivable. Sheedy & Hird deserved so much better. I can only hope that, for those that escape the broom that must sweep through our list, their reflection on tonight's lacklustre effort will burn like a fire in their bellies.

It was a strange atmosphere all night. The "Essendon" chant really only got going once. I was nervous we might have gotten ahead of ourselves.

Congratulations to Richmond. They ran hard, worked for each other and played with spirit. They even hit targets. Imagine if they'd kicked straight????!?!?!?! :(

Thanks for so many sensational memories, Hirdy & Sheeds. :) Absolute legends. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I think its time for Astro_toby to stay off our board! We know ya won so ya dont have to rub it in any further. Humble in Victory remember!!!

settle down mate:eek:

don't think im saying anything that wasn't true - i'm definitely not pointing the finger at the guys that post here on BIG FOOTY. I know tha you guys are obviously the type of fans that love your club, that appreciate your club and not the followers that turned up tonight - hats off to you fella's, you are the supporters that make clubs important:thumbsu:

i thought from an essendon point of view (and certainly the point of view that both my g/f and her best friend shared who are passionate bomber supporters) that many things would have been very disappointing - from the players down to many of the 70,000 supporters.

no point hiding from those facts - richmond has had to have many "good hard looks at itself" in the past with the Frawley spitting, the chook poo etc. its these moments where you let yourself down, that you shift through the shit and find the golden nugget:thumbsu:

Have not intended to be a shit stirrer tonight - for the majority of this week - yes i definitely did - but tonight - no.

The memories of Knighta's last game and the emotion of that night still hold alot of clout in my memory - and i never would want to be that prick to rub salt into it

Sorry if i did - no intention meant:eek:

I thought the dons would've really come out firing and be really g'ed up for this match....didnt' seem that way tho....sad way to end for both champs.
Well done Tiges. A new book to open for bombers this page is closed,they've got some youngsters but they will have rebuild again from scratch I reckon.
Better year for Tigers next season,

I can't believe some people thought Sheedy should have been reinstated.
Its almost as though he's trying to take down Essendon with him.
The games against Hawthorn, Freo, Carlton and Richmond have been some of the worst of the year when you would've thought they'd have been the best with Sheedy and Hird going

Right, so poor performances are the coach's fault, never the players' fault ... The whole team needs to have a good long hard look at itself. It was a pathetic performance, from the playing group as a whole, and the team needs to take the blame for it. It shouldn't just fall on one man. The players have let down two legends of the game today. It certainly wasn't a fitting send-off.

Has anyone considered how detrimental the loss of Davey has been to this team? Whatever forward-line defensive pressure we had disappeared when Alwyn broke his arm.

Opposition defenders clear it out of our F50 without a worry, knowing fully well that absolutely no one is quick enough to run them down. Lovett is NOT an exception because he lacks consistency and sheer guts and determination. Plus the fact he plays up the ground more and is usually in front of a defender coming out of D50.

Davey was our leading tackler when he went down injured. That was an enormous loss.

No, sorry but can't give away a loss to a bottom-placed team as being due to the injuries or a better running side. Either we thought of ourselves as a competetive team which should have dominated the contest, for emotion or general superior skills, as 80,000 paying fans did, or we gave up on Thursday night when the team list was announced. Sure, fletcher would've helped, but he couldn't have stopped 13 individual goalkickers.

we were playing very well mid year... you compare our skills back then to what they were tonight, we are a long way off at the moment, the skills demonstrated last night did not belong in the AFL in all honesty.. ah well at least dempsy showed abit and monfries has hit some form again..

No heart at all.
And did you hear the press conference afterwards. Hirdy was completely devastated. He said that the win meant a lot to him and he was cut that he would never ever go in to a game again thinking he would win the premiership

Has anyone considered how detrimental the loss of Davey has been to this team? Whatever forward-line defensive pressure we had disappeared when Alwyn broke his arm.

Opposition defenders clear it out of our F50 without a worry, knowing fully well that absolutely no one is quick enough to run them down. Lovett is NOT an exception because he lacks consistency and sheer guts and determination. Plus the fact he plays up the ground more and is usually in front of a defender coming out of D50.

Davey was our leading tackler when he went down injured. That was an enormous loss.

While that point is true, what does it say about our list when a first year recruit is so important to our team?

Other clubs have had more injuries than us and are still in good positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very poor, very difficult to watch. Brought tears to my eyes before the final siren had even sounded. They showed no passion, no fight, no heart - not only could we possibly have been playing for a spot in the 8 which you'd think would make the game important enough, but god, the sentimental value of the game...it was heartbreaking. :( Time after time this year they've shown little fight when they're in a position to win, little enthusiasm - this was the most important game to show it and they let themselves and Hird & Sheedy and us down.

If only we could play all our Melbourne games at the Dome as then we would definitely make finals.
Absolute disgraceful record at the home of football which has to be rectified in the near future if we're to b any chance in the big games.

Nope Essendon's worst loss all year belongs to Hawthorn. Apart from the Adelaide Game, Essendon has played pretty badly since the Geelong game. Our problem is, we turn the ball over too much. But hey, we can work on that and then we be good again.

Spot on, that recent hawfforn game was woeful. The boys got stage fright last night, this farewell tour is just dragging on too much. Hawk game easily the worst. We lost to Freo by the same margin funnily enough.....

Absolutely gutted. Bring on Daniher, and a really big broom, cos that list needs some cleaning. But hey, look on the bright side - at least there's only 11 years to go until Tommy Hird gets drafted under the father-son.

It was disappointing to see Essendon go down the way they did and I can understand the fans feeling that way. But take nothing away from Richmond who refused to play like the bottom side. From a neutral standpoint it was an enjoyable game to watch and what a great crowd. Fantastic. Hird has been one of my favourite players over the years and it was nice to see him get such a great send off from Melbourne, even if the team didn't win. Good luck to both him and Sheedy for the future. We'll see them next week over here in the West.

Remove this Banner Ad

****en pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back