Opinion End of 2014 ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

8. Melbourne (under Roos expect a lot, will be the Port Adelaide of 2014 and i'm not just saying that because i am a Dees supporter)

Roos got Sydney out of shit storm in his first year from 11th to 4th.
Why can't he go from 17th to 8th?
I can't see Paul Roos coaching a side not in the finals.

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

Because their is daylight between the rest of the competition and St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS at the moment. If Melbourne finished 8th as you said and play Gold Coast in the first week of the finals I will happily pay $5000 for you to stay the night at Warwick Capper's joint.

Alright have your fun, just wait until next year.

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Richmond
5. Geelong
6. Port Adelaide
7. Gold Coast
8. Essendon

9. North Melbourne
10. Collingwood
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Carlton
13. GWS
14. West Coast
15. Melbourne
16. Brisbane
17. Adelaide
18. St Kilda

1. Fremantle. An emerging powerhouse. Will be a top 4 side for years to come. Top may elude them with heavy travel schedule, but Anywhere, Anytime...

2. Gold Coast. I will probably end up with egg on my face, but the sky is the limit for these guys. Superstars in the making at every turn. If not in 2014, then not long after... I am confident of at least a top 8 finish.

3. Hawthorn. Very rare that a side wins three successive minor premierships. Expecting a few more losses to different sides in 2014, but should still be a premiership contender.

4. North Melbourne. For a side that missed the finals, they lead the league in a number of key areas. Very strong with the ball, have recruited exceptionally well through the draft, expecting them to learn from their failings of 2013 and start putting it on the park.

5. Geelong. Some more premiership Cats will depart at seasons end, and will again have to rely on the talent of their emerging kittens. Should be comfortable inside the 8, but might find it hard to stay in the 4. Not expecting to slide out of the finals for a few more years yet though.

6. Western Bulldogs. Have a dangerously strong ruck and midfield mix forming, and some key forwards and defenders shaping up into nice footballers. Remind me of St. Kilda of 2003, they finished that season well and then had a dominant 2004. There are similarities...

7. Sydney Swans. It's hard to stay at the top for very long, and this team has been there for a couple of years. With a premiership in the bag, and a couple of club legends soon to hang up the boots, top 4 may be a bridge too far, especially when they'll have to fight off young emerging sides. Midfield is strong, but a lot of clubs have strong midfields.

8. Carlton. With a few smart changes to their squad, they will begin the process of becoming an AFL power once again. It will be a hard 8 to crack into in 2014, so this would be a better 8th than it was for them in 2013.

9. Port Adelaide. The story of 2013, Port fans, I hope I am not being condescending when I say 2013 was a fairy tale, I have enjoyed every minute of this emerging power in the AFL. I would love for Port Adelaide to rise even higher up the ladder, but we might have to wait until 2015 before the fruits of their labor starts to grow. But the fruit will grow, it might just a little more time. They also had a comfortable fixture in 2013...

10. Richmond. I'm not sure the Tigers have a genuine superstar. Jack Riewoldt can be, Trent Cotchin arguably is, but maybe was below par in 2013. I'm a Tigers fan, without being a Tigers FAN, and I would love for them to make the finals again in 2014, but they don't have the best strike record with September, and unless they fix some things on the field, a more difficult fixture in 2014 could bring them undone...

11. Collingwood. Have made the finals in each of the last 8 years, so their finals pedigree is outstanding. But there will be a changing of the guard in 2014, expect a very different Collingwood. The development of the youth products is key to making the finals. It's a big ask for a side desperately looking for complimentary mids for Pendlebury and Swan. Grundy can't manage the ruck by himself all season. Always a chance for the finals, but for me, it's a no in 2014.

12. Adelaide. Can put in place a model for the future in 2014. Need to wait for the development of some young forwards and backs. Will compete hard and earn respect in 2014, and begin to rise once again from 2015.

13. Melbourne. Paul Roos job will be to earn back respect for Melbourne in 2014, and with his penchant for recycling players from other clubs, and his demand of his players to give everything they have, we should see a very different Melbourne team.

14. Brisbane Lions. Has teased us for a couple of seasons. Have some good footballers no doubt, but not sure about the structures that are in place as far as the club go. They need a coach for starters. Just feel like they are already behind for 2014.

15. Essendon. I think it will be hard for them to follow up 2013. Have to worry about so much more than just football in 2014. Would be a miracle if they made the finals.

16. GWS Giants. Have been engineered to succeed. The building blocks have been well and truly set in place, buckle up, and get ready for the ride.

17. St. Kilda. Not all doom and gloom for the Saints. Have some really good young talent at their disposal, short term pain...

18. West Coast. Sorry Eagles fans, but some key players that have served the club well are gone, John Worsfold has moved on, and now, a new coach will come in and have to build his team with limited resources. I don't doubt the talent the club has, but having recently finished last a few years ago, this sudden drop is not without precedent.

1. Geelong
2. Fremantle
3. Collingwood
4. North Melbourne
5. Hawthorn
6. Sydney
7. Gold Coast
8. Carlton
___
9. Port Adelaide
10. Richmond
11. Adelaide
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Essendon
14. West Coast
15. GWS
16. Melbourne
17. Brisbane
18. St Kilda

1. Fremantle. An emerging powerhouse. Will be a top 4 side for years to come. Top may elude them with heavy travel schedule, but Anywhere, Anytime...

2. Gold Coast. I will probably end up with egg on my face, but the sky is the limit for these guys. Superstars in the making at every turn. If not in 2014, then not long after... I am confident of at least a top 8 finish.

3. Hawthorn. Very rare that a side wins three successive minor premierships. Expecting a few more losses to different sides in 2014, but should still be a premiership contender.

4. North Melbourne. For a side that missed the finals, they lead the league in a number of key areas. Very strong with the ball, have recruited exceptionally well through the draft, expecting them to learn from their failings of 2013 and start putting it on the park.

5. Geelong. Some more premiership Cats will depart at seasons end, and will again have to rely on the talent of their emerging kittens. Should be comfortable inside the 8, but might find it hard to stay in the 4. Not expecting to slide out of the finals for a few more years yet though.

6. Western Bulldogs. Have a dangerously strong ruck and midfield mix forming, and some key forwards and defenders shaping up into nice footballers. Remind me of St. Kilda of 2003, they finished that season well and then had a dominant 2004. There are similarities...

7. Sydney Swans. It's hard to stay at the top for very long, and this team has been there for a couple of years. With a premiership in the bag, and a couple of club legends soon to hang up the boots, top 4 may be a bridge too far, especially when they'll have to fight off young emerging sides. Midfield is strong, but a lot of clubs have strong midfields.

8. Carlton. With a few smart changes to their squad, they will begin the process of becoming an AFL power once again. It will be a hard 8 to crack into in 2014, so this would be a better 8th than it was for them in 2013.

9. Port Adelaide. The story of 2013, Port fans, I hope I am not being condescending when I say 2013 was a fairy tale, I have enjoyed every minute of this emerging power in the AFL. I would love for Port Adelaide to rise even higher up the ladder, but we might have to wait until 2015 before the fruits of their labor starts to grow. But the fruit will grow, it might just a little more time. They also had a comfortable fixture in 2013...

10. Richmond. I'm not sure the Tigers have a genuine superstar. Jack Riewoldt can be, Trent Cotchin arguably is, but maybe was below par in 2013. I'm a Tigers fan, without being a Tigers FAN, and I would love for them to make the finals again in 2014, but they don't have the best strike record with September, and unless they fix some things on the field, a more difficult fixture in 2014 could bring them undone...

11. Collingwood. Have made the finals in each of the last 8 years, so their finals pedigree is outstanding. But there will be a changing of the guard in 2014, expect a very different Collingwood. The development of the youth products is key to making the finals. It's a big ask for a side desperately looking for complimentary mids for Pendlebury and Swan. Grundy can't manage the ruck by himself all season. Always a chance for the finals, but for me, it's a no in 2014.

12. Adelaide. Can put in place a model for the future in 2014. Need to wait for the development of some young forwards and backs. Will compete hard and earn respect in 2014, and begin to rise once again from 2015.

13. Melbourne. Paul Roos job will be to earn back respect for Melbourne in 2014, and with his penchant for recycling players from other clubs, and his demand of his players to give everything they have, we should see a very different Melbourne team.

14. Brisbane Lions. Has teased us for a couple of seasons. Have some good footballers no doubt, but not sure about the structures that are in place as far as the club go. They need a coach for starters. Just feel like they are already behind for 2014.

15. Essendon. I think it will be hard for them to follow up 2013. Have to worry about so much more than just football in 2014. Would be a miracle if they made the finals.

16. GWS Giants. Have been engineered to succeed. The building blocks have been well and truly set in place, buckle up, and get ready for the ride.

17. St. Kilda. Not all doom and gloom for the Saints. Have some really good young talent at their disposal, short term pain...

18. West Coast. Sorry Eagles fans, but some key players that have served the club well are gone, John Worsfold has moved on, and now, a new coach will come in and have to build his team with limited resources. I don't doubt the talent the club has, but having recently finished last a few years ago, this sudden drop is not without precedent.

What happens when Sandilands, Pavlich, McPharlin call it quits in the next 2 years?

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Geelong
4. Port Adelaide
5. Richmond
6. Sydney
7. North Melbourne
8. Gold Coast
9. West Coast
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Essendon
12. Collingwood
13. Adelaide
14. Melbourne
15. Carlton
16. GWS
17. Brisbane
18. St Kilda

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Port Adelaide
4. Collingwood
5. North
6. Richmond
7. Geelong
8. Gold Coast

9. Sydney
10. Brisbane
11. Carlton
12. Essendon
13. Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. West Coast
16. Saints
17. Melbourne
18. GWS

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

What happens when Sandilands, Pavlich, McPharlin call it quits in the next 2 years?

I shouldn't even be dignifying this with an answer really. Fremantle played through much of this season without these guys, and have shown that they are a club who value all players on the park. Personnel is not what Ross Lyon or the Dockers care about. I don't think anybody could say that these three guys are more important to Fremantle than anybody else.

Sorry if my reply was harsh, but why quote me? Most people here are saying Fremantle will finish top next year.

1. Fremantle
2. Geelong
3. Hawthorn
4. Richmond
5. Collingwood
6. Sydney
7. Brisbane
8. Gold Coast

9. Carlton
10. North Melbourne
11. Port Adelaide
12. Adelaide
13. West Coast
14. Melbourne
15. Essendon
16. GWS
17. Western Bulldogs
18. St Kilda

1. Fremantle (will need a new power forward though)
2. Geelong (up and coming youngsters will keep them alive)
3. Hawthorn (they will lose Buddy, but still look what they have achieved when Buddy hasn't been playing)
4. Sydney (they still will have one of the best sides)
5. Gold Coast (expect a lot from these boys)
6. Port Adelaide (will want to avenge their September loss)
7. Richmond (will be back in finals with Trent Cotchin winning the Brownlow)
8. Melbourne (under Roos expect a lot, will be the Port Adelaide of 2014 and i'm not just saying that because i am a Dees supporter)
9. North Melbourne (will choke...again)
10. West Coast (will be going through a rebuilding phase under a new young coach)
11. Adelaide (have a talented midfield, need to get a more functional forward line with Taylor Walker winning the Coleman, Backline will be near rubbish)
12. Collingwood (Will go through a big cleanout and have a huge rebuilding phase, under an ordinary coach in Nathan Buckley)
13. Western Bulldogs (Expect a similar output to 2013, their glue players are ageing)
14. Brisbane (under a new coach and with a lot of players wanting to leave, will be ordinary)
15. Essendon (Will still be affected from the drug saga, look at their recent form in the last 4-5 weeks)
16: Carlton (don't expect much from the Blues, have a similar year to the Pies)
17. GWS (Will take a few baby steps but will lose Taylor Adams coming to a Vic club most likely Melbourne)
18. St. Kilda (Will be the new Melbourne)

Yes you are.

1. Freo (IMO will lose this year spurring them onto great things)
2. Hawks (Best team now will be up there again)
3. Swans (Injuries cost them what could've been a great year)
4. North (My bolter, with a defensive side they could be anything. No stars but a good core of young players)
5. Cats (They haven't slid yet so until they do I won't predict them to. Losing a few older players. 5th is fair)
6. Carlton (I think in other years we could be higher but lots of quality teams. MM game plan + new additions will help)
7. Pies (The Pies will always make the finals because of there top players. Can mix it with the big boys to)
8. Tiges (Will go into 2013 hungry but I can't see more improvement unless they keep Duaty and let Jack play his free game again)
9. Suns (More improvement from the Suns and a finals berth wouldn't be out of the question)
10. Port (Think Port will come back down to Earth after a great year before moving to the top 4 in 2015)
11. Crows (A fit Taylor Walker will help but can't see the Crows moving higher. Will improve but not enough IMO)
12. WCE (Few young guns like Darling, Gaff etc. but older guns aging and giving less input. Think the Eagles are in for a bad year especially with a new coach)
13. Dogs (Really like the way the dogs are building this list and will improve wonders with Jake Stringer coming into it)
14. Lions (Dont think the exodus of young players will effect them, they will get compensated very well. Leppa to bring in a defensive hard gameplan, lots of improvement)
15. GWS (Think the Giants will improve but unless they get some mature bodies it will effect them in 2014 and the future)
16. Dess (Expect slight improvement but Roos will first have to de-Melbourne and then get him playing a new game plan. Another long year IMO)
17. StKilda (Can't see any improvement in the Saints especially with Dal leaving. No KPB as well. The new Melbourne)
18. Essendon (Saving my judgement until ASADA penalties are given. Might not even get any, will make the 8 if none)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Fremantle
2. Sydney
3. Geelong
4. North Melbourne
5. Richmond
6. Hawthorn
7. Gold Coast
8. Essendon
9. Collingwood
10. Brisbane Lions
11. Port Adelaide
12. Carlton
13. Western Bulldogs
14. Adelaide
15. West Coast
16. Melbourne
17. St Kilda
18. GWS

Not saying we will, but I believe we can...

1 Hawthorn
2 Essendon
3 Geelong
4 Richmond
5 West Coast
6 Fremantle
7 Sydney
8 Nth Melbourne
----------------------
9 Collingwood
10 Port Adelaide
11 Carlton
12 Adelaide
13 Gold Coast
14 Brisbane Lions
15 Western Bulldogs
16 GWS Giants
17 St Kilda
18 Melbourne

1. Collingwood
2. Fremantle
3. Hawthorn
4. West Coast
5. Richmond
6. North Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. Sydney
9. Gold Coast
10. Essendon
11. Port Adelaide
12. Adelaide
13. Carlton
14. Western Bulldogs
15. St. Kilda
16. Brisbane
17. GWS
18. Melbourne

Technically we finished 7th meaning our we will be fixtured with the second tier rather than the first. That's how it's been explained to me anyway. This means we won't have a draw more difficult than this years.... hopefully :)

Technically we finished 7th meaning our we will be fixtured with the second tier rather than the first. That's how it's been explained to me anyway. This means we won't have a draw more difficult than this years.... hopefully :)
How did you technically finish 7th? You had better percentage than Collingwood and Essendon. (And maybe a game on Essendon I'm not sure)

Surely you finished 5th???

How did you technically finish 7th? You had better percentage than Collingwood and Essendon. (And maybe a game on Essendon I'm not sure)

Surely you finished 5th???
From what I understand, it based on final positions; not just end of the home and away season. So Collingwood were knocked out first, they go 8th. We were knocked out second, we finish 7th. Now that how I believe it works. That's how they sort out the draft picks too I thought.

From what I understand, it based on final positions; not just end of the home and away season. So Collingwood were knocked out first, they go 8th. We were knocked out second, we finish 7th. Now that how I believe it works. That's how they sort out the draft picks too I thought.
Ah is it done that way for the fixture too? Fair enough.

Hard on Carlton but, technically they missed the 8, yet now they will have to put up with the top tier draw.

As for us... No one knows!

Fremantle
North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Sydney
Geelong
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
Collingwood
--------------------------------------------
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide
Essendon
West Coast
Adelaide
GWS
Carlton
Melbourne
Brisbane
St Kilda

I shouldn't even be dignifying this with an answer really. Fremantle played through much of this season without these guys, and have shown that they are a club who value all players on the park. Personnel is not what Ross Lyon or the Dockers care about. I don't think anybody could say that these three guys are more important to Fremantle than anybody else.

Sorry if my reply was harsh, but why quote me? Most people here are saying Fremantle will finish top next year.

How proper of you.

All those players played crucial roles in both finals. If they are to finish on top next year those players will need to be there performing as they are today.

Fremantle
Sydney
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Richmond
Collingwood
Geelong
Carlton

North Melbourne
Brisbane Lions
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Essendon
West Coast
Western Bulldogs
St Kilda
Melbourne
GWS

That seriously was hard.
4th - 10th really is a lottery between those teams imo.

North Melbourne
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Richmond
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Adelaide
Essendon
Footscray
Sydney
Brisbane
West Coast
GWS
Melbourne
Carlton
St. Kilda

Amazing how many people think Carlton will finish bottom 4. Another year under Mick + Daisy (hopefully) and a fit Carrazzo. I can see us staying 8th or 9th or improving. How the hell can people put GWS and Brisbane and even Melbourne ahead of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion End of 2014 ladder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back