nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Early doors, but key to winning this game is obviously have as many - if not all - the top scoring players in Dream Team.

Obviously factors like price, byes, etc come into play, but lets ignore price and all that - who do you think will be the top 10 players in each position come end of year.

(no particular order)
BACKS
Deledio
Goddard
H. Shaw
Broughton
Suckling
Carrazzo
Grimes
Mackie
Newman
Fisher

MIDS
Ablett
Swan
Pendlebury
Boyd
Murphy
Gibbs
Hodge
Selwood
Thompson
Rockcliff

RUCKS (will just do a top 5)
Sandilands
Mumford
Goldstein
Cox
Luenberger

FORWARDS
Beams
Franklin
Chapman
S. Johnson
Sylvia
Reiwoldt
Cloke
Fyfe
Robinson
Le Cras

What do others think?

Happy to clarify any of my decisions, have been giving it a bit of thought, will no doubt make some changes as the pre-season continues and NAB cup comes around...

Is LeCras set for a big year?

I'd have Goodes in the top ten forwards for sure - a durable champion.

Is LeCras set for a big year?

I'd have Goodes in the top ten forwards for sure - a durable champion.

You're not wrong about Goodes, he'd be my number 11, just feel that there could be a slight changing of the guard, i think Sydney have a few players who can play those key forward roles and Goodes might start to slow, i'm sure i'll be proven wrong.

Have a feeling Le Cras will have a big one, he's had a full preseason which he hasn't had for a while and i think he's the type of player that needs that. He's running best times, set for a more midfield role but will still shine up fwd when put there, just think he's got all the tools to really excel this year. West Coast producing a better scoring output as well.

Quick top 5 on averages without a heap of thought:

Backs: BJ, Lids, Broughts, Enright, Scotland

Mids: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Boyd, Murph

Rucks: Cox, Leuy, Jacobs, Mummy

Fwds: Buddy, Chappy, Dusty, Robbo, Zaha

Why do you see Hodge there out of interest?

Just thinking Hawks will be the top team this year, I understand he's not at full fitness right now, but i think he'll come good throughout the year. He's a proven scorer, ready to take a previous high average of about 105 to well over 110.

Last year Hawks would smash out some massive DT games with chipping the ball around, Hodge doesn't mind a bit of Junk Time and hopefully if he can regain his motor he'll be a part of lots of junk points complementing his usual output.

He's a bit of an outsider, but i think he'll make the jump to top 10 in the league for scoring.

You're not wrong about Goodes, he'd be my number 11, just feel that there could be a slight changing of the guard, i think Sydney have a few players who can play those key forward roles and Goodes might start to slow, i'm sure i'll be proven wrong.

Have a feeling Le Cras will have a big one, he's had a full preseason which he hasn't had for a while and i think he's the type of player that needs that. He's running best times, set for a more midfield role but will still shine up fwd when put there, just think he's got all the tools to really excel this year. West Coast producing a better scoring output as well.

Might mean more mid time for Goodes, enough said!!

I am definately starting with him. If only I could decide which side of the Lenny fence I'm on !

No Scotland in the Backs for anyone so far which is interesting. I don;t know what to make of him myself.

I think Redden will outscore Hodge by quite a margin and he'll get past Gibbs too. Rocky will probably get a bit more attention, Redden will keep piling up the tackles and with another pre-season under his belt his consistencey in getting the pill will increase. He'd be in my top 10.

I also think the chances of Le Cras and Sylvia outscoring Pavlich and Christensen are pretty remote.

I know there is always talk of how well LeCras is going and the fact that he'll spend more time in the midfield. But he is an average midfielder and an elite forward for WC. When he goes in the mids they are decidedly less dangerous and when he gets there he scores less anyway.

No Scotland in the Backs for anyone so far which is interesting. I don;t know what to make of him myself.

I think Redden will outscore Hodge by quite a margin and he'll get past Gibbs too. Rocky will probably get a bit more attention, Redden will keep piling up the tackles and with another pre-season under his belt his consistencey in getting the pill will increase. He'd be in my top 10.

I also think the chances of Le Cras and Sylvia outscoring Pavlich and Christensen are pretty remote.

I know there is always talk of how well LeCras is going and the fact that he'll spend more time in the midfield. But he is an average midfielder and an elite forward for WC. When he goes in the mids they are decidedly less dangerous and when he gets there he scores less anyway.

Good point on Scotland, forgot him. Certain top 5 IMO

Probably, but I don't know that he is worth his startng price. Particularly with the prices of people like Broughton, Suckling, Lids, Enright etc.

Normally opposed to midpricers but hard to go past the likes of Lake, Armstrong & Grimes at their prices

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally opposed to midpricers but hard to go past the likes of Lake, Armstrong & Grimes at their prices

Trying to avoid price, just pure numbers.

Scotland I think might get attention this year and at 32 don't think he'll continue such high scores.

Goodes scores better as a fwd IMO.

Love Redden, had him last year, tackling machine, just thought Rockliff would be better and Redden about the same.

Nice thread, something different

Hard to do a top 10 without really looking into it, so i will do a top 5 which isnt that interesting.

Backs
1. Goddard
2. Deledio
3. Enright
4. Grimes
5. Scottland (could be 3rd but i think he will drop a bit)
6. Broughton

Mids
1. Ablett
2. Swan
3. Pendles
4. Boyd
5. Stanton
6. Murphy/Rockliff/Redden/Barlow/Montagna/ST ect

Rucks
(Not sure if Dogs missed Cox and Sandi in the rucks?)
1. Sandilands
2. Cox
3. Jacobs
4. Leunenberger
5. Mcevoy

Forwards
1. Martin
2. Lewis
3. Buddy
4. Chapman
5. Zaha

Nice thread, something different
Backs
1. Goddard
2. Deledio
3. Grimes
4. Broughton
5. Scottland (could be 3rd but i think he will drop a bit)
Forwards
1. Martin
2. Lewis
3. Buddy
4. Chapman
5. Zaha

Grimes at 3 is wishful thinking

Lewis would have to have a role change to see him in the top 5. Sure he's capable on his day but he's a DT yo yo.

Grimes at 3 is wishful thinking

Lewis would have to have a role change to see him in the top 5. Sure he's capable on his day but he's a DT yo yo.

I wanted to be a bit different otherwise no point really posting. Although i truely believe both can do quite well.

Grimes only needs to avg 90 to finish 3rd IMO. Enright will be around that mark, i probably should have included him 3rd, Grimes 4th and Broughton 5th.

I think H.Shaw, Scottland, Suckling, Carazzo will all have a little drop. Grimes has the scoring ability we know that. Im not sure if we should be basing the above on highest avgs or highest points total? I did mine more on the avg concept

Lewis role change? i dont think he needs one.

Side-track a little, but what can you say about Armstrong? He's one i've looked at for this year, surprised me with his scoring potential, he seems to have done well when playing.

Rucks
(Not sure if Dogs missed Cox and Sandi in the rucks?)
1. Sandilands
2. Cox
3. Jacobs
4. Leunenberger
5. Mcevoy

Yeah I did miss Cox sorry, was posting off the top of my head. Post amended.

I don't see 211 in the top 5 rucks next year. Training well but reduced TOG is a certainty to protect his body. Reduced TOG = Reduced points. Can see the big fella averaging around 90 with one of the highest PPM ratios for all rucks

Heres my top 10's (Total Points)
No particular order

Backs:
Goddard
Enright
Scotland
Delidio
Fisher
Broughton
Shaw
Birchall
Neuman
Suckling

Mids:
Ablett
Swan
Pendlebury
Thompson
Selwood
Murphy
Boyd
Mitchell
Gibbs
Rockliff,Barlow

Rucks: (5)
Cox
Mcevoy
Berger
Goldstein
Mumford

Forwards:
Goodes
Sidebottom
Chapman
Beams
Zaharakis
Martin
Cloke
Pavlich
Fyfe
Riewoldt (Nick)

Side-track a little, but what can you say about Armstrong? He's one i've looked at for this year, surprised me with his scoring potential, he seems to have done well when playing.

Actually had him in 2010 and served me well. Was pretty happy when Sydney got him, rebounding defender with a super accurate kick. Should go well slotting into Kennellys role.

Actually had him in 2010 and served me well. Was pretty happy when Sydney got him, rebounding defender with a super accurate kick. Should go well slotting into Kennellys role.

From your board i'm not seeing him in a lot of people's 22's, with his price i think he might be a pass, but for those that do get him he'd no doubt score well when on the park, unless of course he is used as a sub.

Doubt he'll be a sub. They didn't chase him for nothing I am pretty sure if his attitude is right then he should get gametime. Obviously will only be taking him if he plays well in the nab cup & s names round 1. Risky sure but could pay off well.

Clubs these days dont necessarily draft a player because they are best 21 locks. These days clubs draft for depth and backup. This is because the modern game has become a science, like just about everything else in this world. Today clubs rest players and also play teams such as GC, GWS who they feel they can beat with b grade sides. So depth becomes so important. Im not sure on the sydney setup and im sure Sydney picked him with the thought of covering for Kennelly whether that means someone else fills his position or Armstrong does im not to sure.

The fact that we arnt sure should tell you hes probably not worth the coin, but keep watch in NAB.

Sydney have some good halfback flank small defender types (Smith, Mattner, R.Shaw, Malceski ect) but even those players have been playing different roles.

R.Shaw remains an interesting player for me.

Anyway i dont think we should be discussing to much more on Armstrong in the Top 10 thread, because its highly unlikely he will be there or play enough games IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back