Er

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Football Club
(Damn the title not appearing in capitals!)
I'm sure there are some more ER fans on here other than myself! I started watching a month or 2 ago on Foxtel, which was showing an episode from 2 different series at the same time, however thats back to one at around 1130 at night. I must say though it shits all over the current series on 9.

Oh, and this is a great megamix of characters to the theme
[youtube]bYrxrjGVN0w[/youtube]

ER is a great show! :thumbsu: Got the first season on DVD and I'm waiting for the prices to come down on the others. The first season is a beauty, thanks mainly to Doug Ross. To this day he probably remains the greatest character on the show. But he’s got some competition as there have been some top characters over the years.

Where'd it go?? :confused:
Channel 9 are still deciding its fate. I’m not sure about anyone else but I was really enjoying this season. The continued development of Dr. Pratt and the new guy Tony Gates. They better bring it back, but if they do I wonder about what time it would be aired...

Yeah I’m loving it right now. Halfway through S1, just did the New Years one where Susan’s sister leaves to Texas and her Kayson troubles (like the discharged patient that passes) are mounting. Ming Na just showed up as a new Med student.

Was a big fan as a kid but didnt see the first few seasons on original run, enjoying the smaller cast and everything. The direction is very good, the Charles Haid and Mimi Leder eps have impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m rewatching. Started a little while ago and picked it back up again. In season 3 and wow this season so far is unbelievable. The character development and storylines are just brilliant. I know this show paved the way for so many and it does get credit for that, but it’s still underrated. It’s seriously good TV.

Just watched S1E19 'Love's Labor Lost' (beware spoilers), with the emergency delivery of Sean & Jodi’s baby son Jared. My god that was intense and devastating. And the day after Jen told Greene she was leaving him too (which he doesn't seem to have mentioned yet at work). Poor guy. At the start of the ep Benson's mother being treated for her cliffhanger fall feels like a big enough story, but it's almost forgotten by the end of this punishing ep. would be sad on rewatch in that moment when Sean is unknowingly talking to Jodi for the last time before c-section. Great guest part from Bradley Whitford.

Last edited:
Just watched S1E19 'Love's Labor Lost' (beware spoilers), with the emergency delivery of Sean & Jodi’s baby son Jared. My god that was intense and devastating. And the day after Jen told Greene she was leaving him too (which he doesn't seem to have mentioned yet at work). Poor guy. At the start of the ep Benson's mother being treated for her cliffhanger fall feels like a big enough story, but it's almost forgotten by the end of this punishing ep. would be sad on rewatch in that moment when Sean is unknowingly talking to Jodi for the last time before c-section. Great guest part from Bradley Whitford.
One of the best episodes of the entire show. Gripping from start to finish. An uncomfortable yet amazing watch.

S3, E4 ‘Last Call’ was brilliant. So far the standout in a great series.

One of the best episodes of the entire show. Gripping from start to finish. An uncomfortable yet amazing watch.

S3, E4 ‘Last Call’ was brilliant. So far the standout in a great series.
I’ll remember that for when I get to S3 👍

Yeah subsequent to my post here I read up a bit more on Love’s Labor Lost and noticed it had quite the reputation. Lot of reddit threads, people revisiting it more skeptically after working in the field, high IMDb score, won script and direction (Mimi Leder) Emmys and had some very high placements in Greatest Eps all-time lists. Up until that point Greene could also do no wrong and with the season approaching the end it’s one of those character storylines coming to a head, you can feel that pending role as attending physician offered by Morgenstern potentially being jeopardised.

I like the little comic relief sideplots that had been creeping in too each week like the Med student nicking some Valentines Day chocolate and spending her shift high on LSD and guest Robert Carradine’s management efficiency expert revealed as a psych ward escapee. Or the sly old con who evaded lavish restaurant bills via ER and then expertly nicks a couple dollars from Greene & Jerry. Nice touches in an otherwise hectic hurtling show.

I’d also forgotten how much of an audience darling Noah Wyle is as John Carter. I’ve barely seen him since those first two Librarian movies.

Last edited:
Saw the Tarantino directed one last night (S1E24)

Has a much brighter day look with a sudden emphasis on yellow scrubs. He puts in a lot of film homages, including a camera move in the break room when Hathaway is chatting on the phone that looks like the twins hallway shot in The Shining. Self-homages too like a sunglassed PF duo moving through a scene, and someone who has just lost their ear in an altercation like in RD. Injects his bare feet fetish, where he seems to take a regular dialogue scene between Lewis & Hathaway and instead have them sunbaking on the roof (which leads to that sunglassed hallway homage). He also leans into the ick, uses fetishistic establishing shots for surgical implements, and one patient shot reminded me of Patrick. It is a ‘Motherhood’ ep so a lot of female storylines in this one, and the actress movement is a bit more Tarantino-esque, sometimes stilted and screwy. Commenced with Chloe having contractions so they rush off to hospital and Susan gets around in a bed wear Yosemite Sam top for the duration. In terms of cast Ving Rhames is conspicuously absent in this one despite more Benton family storyline including Khandi Alexander. Peter has been getting more emotional and human towards the end of the season and a crying/kissing scene plays out back to camera in window reflection. This would’ve been shortly before Clooney filmed From Dusk till Dawn with QT, which released midway through S2. Worth noting that QT gets to direct Michael Ironside (who filled in for Morgenstern late in the season) and CCH Pounder, as well as some Greene&Ross hoop action. You can see a Chicago International Film Festival poster in background of one scene. Chloe also seems a big fan of The White Album and Blackbird’s lyrics are sung at least three times during the ep
“Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly”

You also finally get to see the mother of the Lewis sisters, and it’s sadly the last sighting of mother Benton.

Last edited:
Season finale was decent too, a couple personal storylines were long threatening to blow up but it manages to mostly end happily, somewhat bittersweet in a few cases but it plays out realistically and with some fan service. Felt a good conclusion with some call back to the pilot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Er

Remove this Banner Ad

Back