Espn NBA 2K6

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I hear, don't be expecting this game to be released anytime in 2005.

I pre-ordered it from Gamehead.com.au, only to be told via email the release date had been pushed back to 30th January 2006. Man was I livid, given the original release date on the site was 18th November (tomorrow).

A local games shop in my area confirmed the release date had been pushed back, yet EB Games are still telling customers the release date is next week - 25th November. I don't think that will happen for some reason.

Anywho, I've since cancelled my order, and bought SSX On Tour instead. :D

I got thre game about a month ago. I got a copy of some guy from the trading post. And the game is great. The best Hoops game i have ever played. It is just like watching a game on tv. 10/10

i used to think the nba live series was way ahead but last year the 2k5 game started really competing and since nba live 06 was such a let down i have turned my eye to nba 2k6 which i hear and have read about is a much better game than live 06

My Local EB has still told me release is for this Friday (25th).

The covers are out in the coming soon section so it looks promising. Mind you Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 has been on the coming soon shelf for ages and has been now delayed to the 15th of December.

Jeffers1984 said:
My Local EB has still told me release is for this Friday (25th).

The covers are out in the coming soon section so it looks promising. Mind you Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 has been on the coming soon shelf for ages and has been now delayed to the 15th of December.
Hmm that's downright weird. I guess we'll see what happens - keep us updated mate. I'll call into my local EB Games later in the week!

I called EB games today (in Bendigo) and they're still giving the impression that tomorrow is the release date. Unless the game has some kind of exclusive deal with EB in Australia, I can't understand why almost every retailer is saying the release date has been pushed back to January 2006.

The other alternative is that EB haven't updated their release date information for a while... I'll call tomorrow to confirm whether it's available I suppose!

Anyone else got any info?

luke2177 said:
I called EB games today (in Bendigo) and they're still giving the impression that tomorrow is the release date. Unless the game has some kind of exclusive deal with EB in Australia, I can't understand why almost every retailer is saying the release date has been pushed back to January 2006.

The other alternative is that EB haven't updated their release date information for a while... I'll call tomorrow to confirm whether it's available I suppose!

Anyone else got any info?
Nope no new info. Guess we will find out today. Funny with EB though, I went there early this week asking for a release date for Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 and they told me that it would be delayed till the 15th of December. I rock up to EB yesterday just having a little look around and low and behold Smackdown Vs Raw 06 is on the new release shelf. Apparently JB Hi Fi leaked it out which prompted them to release it early...

I hope they are not wrong with NBA2k6.

Just rang EB. Apparently it didn't make it to todays shipment and was due for release today. The fella said it should be out early next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have had it for couple of months, and I doubt I'll return to the live series anytime soon. I love 2k6. The realness, the smoothness, not that arcady robotic-player like stuff that live has.

Been playing it a lot today. I'm getting into it but it just doesn't have that NBA Live feel that I'm so used to. I was the same with FIFA and PES though so who knows.

DoubleA said:
Also been playing a lot lately, its just so more realistic than Live, you cant compare, and I can only imagine how friggin fantastic it would look with 360 graphics....wow.
Where did you get it from

DoubleA said:
Also been playing a lot lately, its just so more realistic than Live, you cant compare, and I can only imagine how friggin fantastic it would look with 360 graphics....wow.

I played three more matches last night and I'm sold. It's way more realistic then Live, just the sounds, movements and etc.

Udonis Hasslem has unreal shooting ability in this game. He scored 21 points, posted 11 rebounds and hit the buzzer beater against Pacers in the last game.

I'm currently 4 - 2 with the Bobcats up next. I picked up Gary Payton before I started a season to keep the rosters fairly up to date. But I traded him because he wasn't getting much game time over J-Will after game five to the Bobcats for Kareem Rush, so it should be interesting.

Slightly off topic but I bought ESPN NBA 2K5 today at EB Games for $17 (pre-owned)... mainly due to my frustration with 2K6 being delayed and my curiousity to try the game out... so far, not too bad... At the moment, Live 05 would be in front, but I haven't tried 24/7 mode yet - I jumped straight into a Dynasty with the Bobcats. :)

Now sitting 8 - 2 on top of the division. Wade averages 22PPG while O'Neal only puts up 16PPG. I'm digging Rush, the last four games he has come on, he has hit his first three point attempt. Only averages 7PPG but gets limited time.

luke2177 said:
Slightly off topic but I bought ESPN NBA 2K5 today at EB Games for $17 (pre-owned)... mainly due to my frustration with 2K6 being delayed and my curiousity to try the game out... so far, not too bad... At the moment, Live 05 would be in front, but I haven't tried 24/7 mode yet - I jumped straight into a Dynasty with the Bobcats. :)

$17.. damn thats good...

i'm still playing 2k5 these days...

went to EB today.. again, no date.. no idea...

saw it on gameswarehouse website... rrp is $69.95... pre-order price is about $63.95... release date is late jan though... :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Espn NBA 2K6

Remove this Banner Ad

Back