Review Essendon 15.11.101 def Footscray 14.10.94

Remove this Banner Ad

Pathetic when the smalls (looks at Dalhaus, Hrovat, McCrae) put the head down and burrow into a bloke like Myers who is a good half foot taller, genuinely felt for him at one point. Not much more you could do
nah the maggots expect him to move aside and let them run through. its only sporting

Carlisle superb. Ryder was amazing too. Some of his second efforts in the last created goals. He and Nic Nat the best tap ruckmen in the comp. Myers good in the clinches

Interesting that teams looking at finals a bit down on form and teams with finals out of sight playing out of their skins. The psychology of freshening up before the finals run surely at play.

Respect to the Bulldogs - McCartney had done his homework. Get back to be the hunter against the Swans after the break.

Ryder was amazing too. Some of his second efforts in the last created goals. He and Nic Nat the best tap ruckmen in the comp.

Ive been vehomently saying that I would take Paddy over (almost) any other ruck men in the comp this year. His work both in the ruck, around the ground and up forward is second to none.

Paddy Ryder; 18 possessions (16k, 2hb), 5 marks, 3 tackles, 35 hitouts, 2.0

Will Minson; 11 possessions (8k, 3hb), 2 marks, 4 tackles, 33 hitouts, 0.0

Gun!!

What crap! for a side with an outside chance of the top four that was pathetic

But

Jakey is a gun! 8 goals 2 behinds with several massive marks.

We thankfully got the four points now lets enjoy the week off and come out and give it to the Swannies

Oh, and for anyone to even suggest that our ASADA penalties will hurt? see Libba Wallis, McCrae, Bontempelli, Stringer, Griffen. They'll hurt down the track but fuark..

WHAT A WIN.. JAKEY CARLISLE!!! GET AROUND HIM!!!

I don't get your point.. yeah of course a draft penalty 'hurts'.. but we weren't going to get a top 5 pick last year.. no matter what happened.
And we 'traded' Crameri for Merrett.. know which one I would prefer on the list.. tonight was proof enough.
So as I've argued before.. Merrett is as good as most first round picks.. so we 'lost' a second round pick.. hardly going to set our team back 10 years..

I suggest you start to imagine that we picked Merrett with our first round and, say, Ambrose with our second round pick.. it will help you get over your frustration of the penalties.

I would still prefer our list to the bulldogs list tbh.

Ive been vehomently saying that I would take Paddy over (almost) any other ruck men in the comp this year. His work both in the ruck, around the ground and up forward is second to none.

Gun!!

He's had a pretty bloody impressive 2014 TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gun!!
He's been flying under the radar this year, but probably for not much longer. Jacobs has been superb, Sandilands year has been overrated for mine.

He's been flying under the radar this year, but probably for not much longer. Jacobs has been superb, Sandilands year has been overrated for mine.

Lobbe has been good too, struggling a bit recently. Anyway, that's for another thread.

sensational last 15 minutes from Heppell, basically dragged us over the line with the way he won it in the middle.

"You'd hate to be playing Essendon in the finals" - Healy.

Something positive from the campaigning campaigner.

Jacobs has been good, but even in that game, Jacobs had a very good game, but Ryder had the better of him imo.

First up - respect to the bulldogs - they were lead brilliantly by some of their young players including Stringer, Bontempelli, Wallis, Libertore etc
They pressured us relentlessly and really came at us with a strong will to win - i think they will be a pretty good team in the coming years.

Essendon's stars struggled today. I would say that all of Stanton, Goddard, Hibberd, Zaharakis really struggled and Heppell was well held for 3 quarters before breaking out in the 4th but still he won a lot of valuable clearances even if his disposal count wasn't that high.

Jake Carlisle played an absolute blinder of a match and nearly singled handedly pulled us over the line. I thought Ryder had a terrific match - really gave Minson trouble in the ruck so he resorted to a lot of illegal shepherds and his work around the ground was terrific. Winderlich was huge for us with his run and class.There was quite a few players who got going in the 4th quarter and really pulled us back into it including Chappy. Also didn't really care for some of the tactical moves we made like Hooker/Fletcher up forward. Really we were a bit tall in our backline - although i would have moved Hooker onto Bontempelli as he was proving too good in the air for many of our defenders.

On the positive side - our forward line is looking vastly more dangerous than earlier in the season and i think forward line delivery is generally getting better. Also you won't see Hibberd/Goddard play a worse game. I'd be surprised if they weren't infinitely better against the Swans. Also in much the same way the Bulldogs were lead by their youngsters - we were spurred back into the game by a lot of our younger players as well. Its a great sign that we found a way to win and our maturity in the dying minutes was something vastly superior to what i saw earlier in the season.

Plenty to still work on - but still some things to like as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Essendon 15.11.101 def Footscray 14.10.94

Remove this Banner Ad

Back