Review Essendon 16.7.103 decimated Colliwobbles 5.9.39

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry was just replying to the earlier conversation.

You think the boys don't have finals in mind though?? I have no doubt they sent a message today.. they are hungry for finals footy and success as a group.

They definitely would have finals in mind, that's exactly what will and should be motivating them over the last 6 weeks, any side that is siitng in the 8 or just outside would have that mindset surely?

I'm pretty sure the only thing they were focused on was today's game. Next the focus turns to the Doggies. We have let too many good opportunities slip this year to focus on anything but the next game.
I'd suggest you read the thread again. But I am in no mood to argue.. it has been a seriously good day and weekend!!

And why the heck can't I talk about finals??? The entire point of playing AFL is to make finals and thus give yourself a chance to play a GF and win a cup.. nothing more and nothing less. I don't think you should ever lose sight of that.

We will SMASH the dogs next week.. seriously smash... their forward line struggles at the best of times.. but against our defence.. they will be lucky to score more than 40 points..

loving all the juicy tears over at the Collingwood board.

Carlisle despite kicking 4.2, racking up 26 disposals and taking 19 marks, is a dud.

DVD_cover_of_the_movie_Sour_Grapes.jpg

They definitely would have finals in mind, that's exactly what will and should be motivating them over the last 6 weeks, any side that is siitng in the 8 or just outside would have that mindset surely?

We have been hearing about the 'plan' all year.. so lets hope the boys believe in it (whether it is true or not) and that gives them the confidence to really get on a roll.

I would have thought that after last year.. they will all be keen to to reclaim what was taken from them. I know at least 2 players who still seriously believe (as they most likely all do) that they can win this year..

Right now I'm just happy for the win.. a great win and our form is looking better.. no reason why we can't hit August running..

Strange decision to drop Keefe, their backline was seriously undermanned. Doesn't Buckley rate Carlisle? Maxwell is absolutely crap, don't know why they bother.

Carlisle's last two weeks have been huge, he's only going to get better.

Ambrose was very impressive, it's almost like another Crameri, but a better kick. How good and composed was Hurley? Rarely put a foot wrong. Chappy best game since first 3 weeks. Hooker, Baguley excellent, Bags marking is underrated.

Heppell, talk about standing up since Jobe went down. So has Stanton.
Zack Merrett makes up for the loss of first round pick.
Winderlich to defence has been a great move. Seems to be able to marshall the defence.

Seriously, if you want to see what makes our board better than any others, go check out the Collingwood board - they've started about 15 threads all related to this game in one way or another. Well done to our mods :thumbsu:
Makes it annoyingly hard to supp on their tears

Oh and not enough kudos to Hooker.. yet another 'key forward' goes MIA playing on him.. Cloke got some cheap touches in the back half late in the fourth to pad his stats.. but there was no hiding the fact that he got absolutely smashed by Hooker (and his mates in defence) all game.

We have been hearing about the 'plan' all year.. so lets hope the boys believe in it (whether it is true or not) and that gives them the confidence to really get on a roll.

I would have thought that after last year.. they will all be keen to to reclaim what was taken from them. I know at least 2 players who still seriously believe (as they most likely all do) that they can win this year..

Right now I'm just happy for the win.. a great win and our form is looking better.. no reason why we can't hit August running..

The best thing now is it's ours for the taking, we aren't playing catch up anymore, if we are good enough we will make it.

I'd suggest you read the thread again. But I am in no mood to argue.. it has been a seriously good day and weekend!!

And why the heck can't I talk about finals??? The entire point of playing AFL is to make finals and thus give yourself a chance to play a GF and win a cup.. nothing more and nothing less. I don't think you should ever lose sight of that.

We will SMASH the dogs next week.. seriously smash... their forward line struggles at the best of times.. but against our defence.. they will be lucky to score more than 40 points..
I have no problem talking about making the finals, but I have a serious issue discussing who will be the better team to play 'when' we play finals. 7 weeks to go, my thoughts are on the next game. Once we win enough games to guarantee a finals spot then I'll talk finals. Anything else to be fair reeks of arrogance.

Oh and not enough kudos to Hooker.. yet another 'key forward' goes MIA playing on him.. Cloke got some cheap touches in the back half late in the fourth to pad his stats.. but there was no hiding the fact that he got absolutely smashed by Hooker (and his mates in defence) all game.

Just stamped his registration papers at the All Australian offices today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would be awesome.. although you would think he needs 1-2 games at VFL level to get match fitness back up..

Could be a handy forward pocket option if he can't play in the guts...

You recon Watson is playing in the VFL? Not a chance, and it isn't as if he is a fat midfielder like Swan!

The best thing now is it's ours for the taking, we aren't playing catch up anymore, if we are good enough we will make it.
I agree.. every result we 'needed' this weekend.. all went our way.

The best part being that our destiny is now completely in our hands.. we don't need to rely on other results.. if we are good enough.. we will make it.. simple as that.

Makes it annoyingly hard to supp on their tears
Exactly!! I went there to look at one review thread to see the meltdown but I lost interest in the multiple threads. Poor form Pies - ruining all my fun.

You recon Watson is playing in the VFL? Not a chance, and it isn't as if he is a fat midfielder like Swan!
We have been really conservative with players coming back from long term injuries for the last two years.. first game is a half at VFL.. then either 3/4 or a full game at VFL.. depending on the time frame. Rushing him st8 back might not work as well..

Having said that.. if it comes down to a 'must win' Round 23 game and he is touch and go.. then he plays.

HTB crying and trying to delude themselves we'll get excluded from finals again this year. I shit you not. Nearly popped a heart valve laughing.

I'm floating on clouds man
Yeah the AFL has already played their "bringing the game into disrepute"/Governance card and can't do it again this year

We have been really conservative with players coming back from long term injuries for the last two years.. first game is a half at VFL.. then either 3/4 or a full game at VFL.. depending on the time frame. Rushing him st8 back might not work as well..

Having said that.. if it comes down to a 'must win' Round 23 game and he is touch and go.. then he plays.

Substitute first game, maybe even 2 games if he comes back 3 weeks from the end. Full game in the last round.

Good to get a win but before we all start sucking each other off lets be clear about how bad Collingwood were. They were putrid. Simply rubbish. I think that Leon Cameron would be sacked if GWS put in a performance like that.

The biggest problem with games like that for us is that lairising can lead to bad habits and playing yourself out of form.

Re Collingwood I hope for their sake that they lose every game for the remainder of the year because that crap should not be on display in September.

If you're going into the first final and your choice is between an underdone Watson and either Melksham or Jackson Merrett. We are going with Jobe every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Essendon 16.7.103 decimated Colliwobbles 5.9.39

Remove this Banner Ad

Back