Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

You do know the drugs the bombers took wont come up on a drug test. Or are ya going to play the game "no positive test" =innocence? Aka Lance Armstrong
You see you've misunderstood the question. It wasn't "Can you speculate wildly and invent things". It was "Spot the difference between Ryan Crowley's situation, and the situation of the 34 Essendon players".

I know you can do it. Come on now.

It is correct though.

But agreed. All 35 players are cheats.

The Fremantle Football club however did not cheat
I'm sorry, you have failed to understand the question. Again, it wasn't "Can you speculate wildly and invent things?". It was "Spot the difference between Ryan Crowley's situation, and the situation of the 34 Essendon players", keeping in mind the topic at hand is why one player should be named and the others not.

I'm sorry, you have failed to understand the question. Again, it wasn't "Can you speculate wildly and invent things?". It was "Spot the difference between Ryan Crowley's situation, and the situation of the 34 Essendon players", keeping in mind the topic at hand is why one player should be named and the others not.

They should all be named.

Fail to see the wild speculation given WADA seem to believe the same as I do.

They should all be named.

Fail to see the wild speculation given WADA seem to believe the same as I do.
One has a positive test. The onus is on him to prove his innocence.

The others do not have a positive test. The onus is on WADA to prove their guilt. Why should they have their names smeared in the until they are proven guilty? Why is that so important?

The others do not have a positive test. The onus is on WADA to prove their guilt. Why should they have their names smeared in the until they are proven guilty? Why is that so important?

Why do people who get charged with offences get named?

They're not minors. No reason to protect their identities.

Why do people who get charged with offences get named?

They're not minors. No reason to protect their identities.
I don't know. But these are the rules. You and I don't know better than WADA and ASADA about this. You may think you have some "right" to know, but WADA disagree with you.

I don't know. But these are the rules. You and I don't know better than WADA and ASADA about this. You may think you have some "right" to know, but WADA disagree with you.

Yeah sure that's fine.

Interesting that, that particular rule wasn't applied to Crameri, Monfries and the players not at Essendon.

They chose to out themselves. They weren't named by WADA/ASADA.

Not all of them.
Pretty sure the bloke playing down at South Freo didn't out himself.

Just that they didn't really have any teammates to hide behind.

Good thing we now all know that Jackson Merrett is innocent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not all of them.
Pretty sure the bloke playing down at South Freo didn't out himself.

Just that they didn't really have any teammates to hide behind.

Good thing we now all know that Jackson Merrett is innocent.
Where did WADA/ASADA name any of them?

I don't know how to multi quote...but to LU, that was Cronus's post.

And i endorse it.....again.

I fully understand that the rules allow them anonymity if they choose it, but i would not leave my uncharged teammates hanging under suspicion along with me. Kudos to the Collingwood 2 who named themselves when charged and cleared ALL their teammates from suspicion.

In between the like & reply button is a little button with a + in it

Hit that button in every post you wish to multi quote, then go to the reply box and hit the, insert quotes button on the bottom left hand

Bobs your uncle

Actually this is wrong.

All WADA has to prove that the evidence it brings before CAS meets the level required. If they succeed in that, due to the AFL Tribunal having the bar lifted to high then CAS will be saying to each individual player to prove they did not take anything illegal. The defense of " I don't know" wont fly. Bottom line, due to the EFC poor governance, there are no real records. So the evidence is all circumstantial. The AFL tribunal ruled the circumstantial evidence did not meet its comfortable satisfaction, CAS may not have the bar as high.

So simply if CAS agree's with WADA and the circumstantial evidence then the players then have to prove they did not take anything, which IMO judging by whats be said so far with the " I dont know, I trusted the club etc" wont fly.

Just because you can hide a body and throw the gun in the river, does not make you killing someone go away.

Well I don't think Crowley has sat before a hearing/ jury yet to hear his case, he might have been slipped a mickey fin.

Isn't he entitled to a degree of anonymity until the guilty hammer falls.

* not that I believe he was slipped anything

Well I don't think Crowley has sat before a hearing/ jury yet to hear his case, he might have been slipped a mickey fin.

Didn't he name himself anyway?

Like not ASADA naming him?

I'm not saying he's guilty, but with a positive test the onus is on you to prove innocence. With no positive test the onus is on WADA to prove guilt.

Plus as Reaper said, he named himself.

Didn't he name himself anyway?

Like not ASADA naming him?

I'm not sure how his name got out, but he hasn't been found guilty as yet.

I don't get the whole suppression of names scenario, its the worst kept secret going around.

When a person is charged for an offence their name is on record for a court hearing, big deal. They were at a pub together getting photographed after the ASADA verdict was handed down, didn't seem to mind then.

I'm not sure how his name got out, but he hasn't been found guilty as yet.

I don't get the whole suppression of names scenario, its the worst kept secret going around.

When a person is charged for an offence their name is on record for a court hearing, big deal. They were at a pub together getting photographed after the ASADA verdict was handed down, didn't seem to mind then.
again, it's CAS's own policy. The issue is not the players identities per se, it's the fact that CAS have broken their own rules and it feeds into the anti-doping blunder narrative, fairly or unfairly

I'm not saying he's guilty, but with a positive test the onus is on you to prove innocence. With no positive test the onus is on WADA to prove guilt.

Plus as Reaper said, he named himself.

A bit pedantic, but when you are charged with an offence you are required to prove your innocence just as the prosecution is required to prove your guilt.

That's why you hire a lawyer to represent you against the crown prosecutor. You always present your side of the story in defence.

Although WADA are trying to prosecute the players its in their interest to vigorously defend themselves, until a verdict is reached.

Once you are charged your name is made public, unless in special circumstances, age or judges discretion etc.

Why should it be any different for EFC players, I find the suppression of names a bit of a storm/teacup, meh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon 34 named by CAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back