Essendon: an amoral, spineless organization

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember, he hasn't been on trial yet. I believe that if Essendon had said you are gone for assault then they are almost handing down a guilty verdict themselves. Hence the suspended for being out late drinking section.

You would have to think there is more to come depending on the case.

Look at the punishment handed to Matthew Stokes, over ONE GRAM of cocaine. Can't play until round 8, and has to get a day job for that period, not to mention all the training restrictions. He hasn't been on trial yet either and yet Geelong have taken a stand against his alleged actions.
Not to mention how much coverage that incident has gotten compared with the Hurley one. It would seem that the media and the league see drug and alcohol related incidents as more harmful than acts of violence, what a joke!

No wonder lovett turned out the way he did.

It's open season down at Albino Land.

Look at the bright side , watching the scum dive down the depths of the ladder will be more entertaining that suspending a wannabe.:thumbsu:

Please, do tell - how many weeks did <injunction> give to it's collection of drug abusers?

Note: (Don't ask me to name them, rules regarding the injenction prevent me from doing so without getting carded - but we all know who they are).

No wonder lovett turned out the way he did.

It's open season down at Albino Land.

Look at the bright side , watching the scum dive down the depths of the ladder will be more entertaining that suspending a wannabe.:thumbsu:

Precisely.

It's quite obvious they don't take disciplining players very seriously down at Bomber land.
The Lloyd/Knights feud is further evidence of how little control the albino has over his men.

No doubt having a strong, well-respectyed captain would help. A pity then that all they have is Jobe Watson. :rolleyes:

howlers.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No cause for an injunction. I have as much legal info as you do.

So basically what you are saying is, you are aware Hawthorn drug cheats exist and were not penalised for it - but like a petulant child you had to say "what about Essendon's drug cheats" knowing full well no evidence or implication exists.

That about cover it?

Our guys suffered harsher penalty for a much less serious offense.

It's obvious the scum want this all swept under the carpet.

Culture.

Banned from training is a harsher penalty then an official game?

Even for you mate that is a ridiculously lame comment.

Culture - Carlton clearly have the worst and most disgraceful history of rotten to the core culture (don't argue the point, I WILL poll it) so maybe you should leave this one alone hey?

Banned from training is a harsher penalty then an official game?

Even for you mate that is a ridiculously lame comment.

Culture - Carlton clearly have the worst and most disgraceful history of rotten to the core culture (don't argue the point, I WILL poll it) so maybe you should leave this one alone hey?
Three players were suspended from the NAB Cup and training for being drunk in public and evicted from Crown.

No one was charged five times.

Your rorting of the salary cap and this assault never happened.

This the logic Big Footy uses to vote and post in polls that involves Carlton...

[YOUTUBE]fszM11k-Zjk[/YOUTUBE]

He was sighted near each of these players, so you're closer to the truth than usual.

Tom Murphy was his direct opponent though.

1 NAB cup match which he was going to miss anyway. The culture rot continues at Bomberland :eek:
[YOUTUBE]wq19F-cFPiU[/YOUTUBE]

From the 4th quarter alone:
0:30-0:45 - Opponent is Schoenmakers, trailing him by some distance
1:18-1:33 - In goalsquare one-on-one is Stephen Gilham, embarrasses him in a contest for the loose ball, dances around Bateman, dishes off an easy goal to Lonergan.
1:36-1:42 - Gilham beaten, lets Riley Milne :eek: take Hurley and takes Neagle himself :eek:, gets burned on the lead by a player with supposedly no pace.
1:45-2:00 - Opponent is Beau Muston, beats him easily on the lead, pea-heart Muston drops head and doesn't even try to man the mark. Hurley swings around on his left and kicks the goal of the day from outside 50.
2:02-2:20 - Neagle embarrasses Gilham by beating him on the lead, picking the ball up off his toes cleanly and dishes off to Hurley, opponent is once more Riley Milne, kicks another on his non-preferred.

Hurley also kicked 2 goals in the 3rd quarter. The first was on Campbell Brown, the 2nd was on Grant Birchall. Both defenders were embarrassed in those particular contests.

So you are right that Hurley played on Murphy a fair bit, but he kicked his goals on Muston, Milne, Brown and Birchall, his behind on Milne and set up Lonergan while Gilham was his opponent. Murphy wasn't anywhere near Hurley when he did his damage. Maybe he should have played on him for the whole game. Failed coaching by Clarko.

That's what I call getting owned. What a pathetic backline you have. :eek:

Carlton rorted the salary cap, had a president who did the equivalent in the business world and fails to acknowledge or do anything productive to rectify their drink problem. This is just the main issues. Now who has a culture problem?

sisko_facepalm.gif

Hey Einstein, our boys were suspended for the entire preseason comp, on top of being banished to training with the Bullants for a month.

You're a flog of the highest order... now piss off.

Oh the patheticness and irony of this post!

Carlton rorted the salary cap, had a president who did the equivalent in the business world and fails to acknowledge or do anything productive to rectify their drink problem. This is just the main issues. Now who has a culture problem?

We all know that. Its cute though watching them trying to pin everything on other clubs. Like rats they are.

Hey Einstein, our boys were suspended for the entire preseason comp, on top of being banished to training with the Bullants for a month.

You're a flog of the highest order... now piss off.

Ahhhhh so they were.

My mistake - apologies to Black Flag.

So basically what you are saying is, you are aware Hawthorn drug cheats exist and were not penalised for it - but like a petulant child you had to say "what about Essendon's drug cheats" knowing full well no evidence or implication exists.

That about cover it?

I'm saying we deal with such issues like you and every other club does, behind closed doors.

And I'm saying that until your club exposes all of it's medical records to prove none of your players are on drugs, you have no moral high ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back