Podcast Essendon Board Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had a fairly steady influx of newbies since we last did one of these so I thought I'd throw it open again and see if anyone is keen. First and foremost we need someone that can record/edit them so that they are an acceptable standard. When I say acceptable listen to some of the older ones, even some of those struggled to get through so it is a job that requires someone who has previous ability or a ability to pick it up quick.

If you think you can do it please don't be shy. I know I sound like a jerk above but it isn't the easiest task, one way around is for everyone to record themselves as we speak and then someone mash it all together.

Secondly once we've found person A we will need volunteers to jump on and throw some thoughts. Again don't be shy its not the hardest job in the world, generally speaking we manage to fill blanks and keep things rolling smoothly.

Anyway I'm just opening discussion on it. Thoughts? Interest? Criticisms?

We've had a fairly steady influx of newbies since we last did one of these so I thought I'd throw it open again and see if anyone is keen. First and foremost we need someone that can record/edit them so that they are an acceptable standard. When I say acceptable listen to some of the older ones, even some of those struggled to get through so it is a job that requires someone who has previous ability or a ability to pick it up quick.

If you think you can do it please don't be shy. I know I sound like a jerk above but it isn't the easiest task, one way around is for everyone to record themselves as we speak and then someone mash it all together.

Secondly once we've found person A we will need volunteers to jump on and throw some thoughts. Again don't be shy its not the hardest job in the world, generally speaking we manage to fill blanks and keep things rolling smoothly.

Anyway I'm just opening discussion on it. Thoughts? Interest? Criticisms?
Im open to joining in but editing isn't my strong suit so I cant help you out there. We all know what im only good for ;)

boncer34 you've hosted them before and probably remember best, who has been on the podcast previously? Maybe tag them in, see if they're interested too.

edit: Also maybe people could suggest some topics that they might like to hear discussed.

Last edited:
boncer34 you've hosted them before and probably remember best, who has been on the podcast previously? Maybe tag them in, see if they're interested too.

edit: Also maybe people could suggest some topics that they might like to hear discussed.
last time around the pool was bonce, Doss, myself and MWNN (who did the editing, and is no longer around)
It was established that without Doss there I was incapable of stopping bonce and MWNN bickering to point that entire recordings were scrapped.

Was having a look around some of the other bigfooty podcasts and what they do, so some things we could include would be;
  • A review of the previous week, BOG votes and perhaps with some sort of structure, plus/minus/interesting or good/bad/ugly
  • Perhaps a review of the VFL game, the development of our young players
  • Any news or events (Injuries? Milestones? Tanked? Sponsor nights?)
  • Predictions/discussion about the following week, ins/outs
I'm not sure how we'd include Draft or Trade targets in that. Trade targets, if there's any really big names that have re-signed elsewhere it might fit in the news and events part. I think there might be room for a little bit of draft stuff D_P_S but if the podcast is about twenty minutes long after editing, you wouldn't have time to talk about much. Possibly if there's someone you have an eye on for us with our first pick there could be a segment for you to do a brief profile on them?

last time around the pool was bonce, Doss, myself and MWNN (who did the editing, and is no longer around)
It was established that without Doss there I was incapable of stopping bonce and MWNN bickering to point that entire recordings were scrapped.
Sounds fair and reasonable.

I remember that The Prosecutor used to host the incarnation before last.
The Prosecutor

Was having a look around some of the other bigfooty podcasts and what they do, so some things we could include would be;
  • A review of the previous week, BOG votes and perhaps with some sort of structure, plus/minus/interesting or good/bad/ugly
  • Perhaps a review of the VFL game, the development of our young players
  • Any news or events (Injuries? Milestones? Tanked? Sponsor nights?)
  • Predictions/discussion about the following week, ins/outs
I'm not sure how we'd include Draft or Trade targets in that. Trade targets, if there's any really big names that have re-signed elsewhere it might fit in the news and events part. I think there might be room for a little bit of draft stuff D_P_S but if the podcast is about twenty minutes long after editing, you wouldn't have time to talk about much. Possibly if there's someone you have an eye on for us with our first pick there could be a segment for you to do a brief profile on them?

Sounds fair and reasonable.

The Prosecutor
Id dedicate one for the draft when its close but in general id leave draft stuff out of it unless its brining up father-sons or something along those lines

Id dedicate one for the draft when its close but in general id leave draft stuff out of it unless its brining up father-sons or something along those lines
Oh definitely, once we get closer after the end of the season it'd have to become more of a focus. I just mean while we've got games on it's probably less of a priority with limited time. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the last one available is just me and MWNN talking shit for an hour about the Melbourne win.

i'd be in! skype and audacity to record?

i don't know much about the draft or trading, and haven't seen a non essendon game in 5 years!

i can wildly speculate and make things up, and get bored easily so have no problem keeping people on track.

i don't know much about the draft or trading, and haven't seen a non essendon game in 5 years!

i can wildly speculate and make things up, and get bored easily so have no problem keeping people on track.
Most of it would be discussing our players and the most recent game and game to come. You should be fine with that

This sounds like me. **** these other guys jmoo .

Let them do their 'factually correct' and 'informative podcasts'. We should do one ourselves that's more like Fox News rather than CNN.

We could make up all sorts of shit/alternative facts.

Firstly, because I have ADHD, and sitting through a vaguely structured podcast that isn't fictional is impossible unless I take a double dose of Ritalin beforehand.

Secondly, because jmoo , Darcy Parish and I share a deep and personal connection.
okay, i'm definitely in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back