essendon defense

Remove this Banner Ad

Knee-jerk reaction. Conditions are greasy and Hardy tries to bring down mark of the year instead of grounding the ball. Inexperienced but not sh**. Hurley remains in the forward line instead of being sent to cover the loss of Fletcher = indecision = leaking goals.

I think Hurley is still forward because the only way you can expose us ATM is via our defence missing our chb, fb and no1. 3rd defender in laidler. Also the risk taking underdone players in these heavy conditions unfortunately is what I think may have costed you.

Our defense is not shite.. just this game it has been absolutely appalling. The amount of fumbles and bad decisions and weak running efforts and missed spoils Hardingham and Carlisle make is just ridiculous. Dempsey is not playing accountable this game. I'm so pissed off right now.

I think Hurley is still forward because the only way you can expose us ATM is via our defence missing our chb, fb and no1. 3rd defender in laidler. Also the risk taking underdone players in these heavy conditions unfortunately is what I think may have costed you.

That's right, so Crameri and Ryder should be able to hold their own without Hurley in the forward line. On your way.

Ill actually be glad if 3 or so of our players get injured so the coaches will finally know that we won't/will not make finals so they can just bring up all rookie players for the future

serously a month ago we had half a side out and we were struggling, now we have nearly a full side but half of it is underdone, don't expect miracles...

The number of injuries this season won't have helped either. The players will have trusted the coaches and their faith in the Weapon.

High injury toll = decline in trust in own bodies to stand up to the rigours of the game = decline in trust in staff = decline in morale = sh** football.

Some serious rebuilding needs to be done before free agency players from EFC, as they become available, want to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* Hardingham and Hooker. Were shocking today, that's why we got smashed in the clearances.

It's threads like this that make me think democracy is a dumb idea.

It was a tough day for defenders - But Carlton kicked 25 goals for 59 inside 50's.

Hardy and Hooker were picking up the pieces left behind by other defenders.

It was a tough day for defenders - But Carlton kicked 25 goals for 59 inside 50's.

Hardy and Hooker were picking up the pieces left behind by other defenders.

Hard not to when there's friggen 3 midfielders streaming into the 50 unopposed every bloody time it goes in there.

You may have missed my sarcasm though - I gave Hooker 4 votes and Hardingham was 6th.

Hard not to when there's friggen 3 midfielders streaming into the 50 unopposed every bloody time it goes in there.

You may have missed my sarcasm though - I gave Hooker 4 votes and Hardingham was 6th.

It was my sarcasm in return.

Hird in his presser mentioned Hooker as one of our best players.

It was my sarcasm in return.

Hird in his presser mentioned Hooker as one of our best players.

The joys of trying to interpret things via text!

I agree with him, thought he really stood up under intense pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

essendon defense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back