Remove this Banner Ad

Senior List
Feb 27, 2003
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Reading
Now with Greenvale out of the race who will finish 3rd and 4th? Douttas and Strathmore have tough ones this week against 1 and 2 - Abers should win so maybe the winner out of Abers and Strathmore in the last round to scrape in. An exciting climax in the EDFL for a change!

I take one look at the top of the A Grade ladder - and that's enough to turn me right off! (Despite the other end of the ladder looking like a fantastic dream!!)

I think it will come down to the last game b/w Strathmore and Abers. If Abers win then all three teams will probably be equal on points but Douttas and Abers will get in on %.

Will be very close though.

Originally posted by 8485
Now with Greenvale out of the race who will finish 3rd and 4th? Douttas and Strathmore have tough ones this week against 1 and 2 - Abers should win so maybe the winner out of Abers and Strathmore in the last round to scrape in. An exciting climax in the EDFL for a change!

Its just as exciting in the B Grade section. There is only 1 game left in season compare to A grade having 2 games as in B grade there a top 5 (so 4 weess of playing finals compare to Ag grade top 4 where there is 3 weeks of playing finals). Cragieburn who are 6th on the ladder need to win against Maribyrnong Park at 7th at Craigieburn and hope Westmeadows who are 5th lose to Tullamarine who are 3, if this happens Craigieburn replace Westmeadows in the 5
Tullamarine needs also to win to secure the 3rd spot on the ladder and get the double chance. Avondale Heights who are 4 need to beat West Coburg who are 2 and hope Tullamarine lose for Avondale Heights to go to 3 and secure the double chance.

What will happen this week in both A grade and B Grade I will find out tomorrow.

Hell has just frozen over - North Coburg today won their first game since 2001 - in the last round of the season by 5 points!! Jacana the luckless victims!!

Hell has just frozen over - North Coburg today won their first game since 2001 - in the last round of the season by 5 points!! Jacana the luckless victims!!

Well done to the Saints, they deserve it. Frankly though I'll be happy if West Coburg is back in the big time next year (my old man played for them in the late 80's).

Originally posted by stmookeyj
Well done to the Saints, they deserve it. Frankly though I'll be happy if West Coburg is back in the big time next year (my old man played for them in the late 80's).

Thats West Coburg problem. They regular win the B Grade premiership, but when they go in A Grade they then get regulated back to A Grade. But this year they seem to have a better side than last year even with a few players leaving.

There are several examples of yo-yos between divisions of several competitions over the years.

Bayswater were terrible in the 1980's. Eltham also have a shocking record for it.

The problem is not so much the club. Sometimes you get players who are happy to play the lower division, but the instant the promotion happens - they don't want to know. I know that affected South Croydon one time, and I'll bet they aren't the only ones. The result of that is that the gap between the divisions gets almost unmanagable. It's certain that it's a problem in the DVFL, and it's getting to be a problem with the EFL. It wouldn't surprise me that there's some sort of problem (gravity unknown of course) in all multiple division competitions.

I play for North Coburg, it was a magnificent day and long long overdue, but we nearly blew it. We lead all day until about 28 mins into the last quarter when Jacana hit the lead. But thank christ we kicked a goal with 8 seconds left, I couldn't stand blowing another game

And watch for West Coburg to turn the tables on Taylors Lakes in the grand final, Lakes have beaten them twice but when it really matters West Coburg will win. If Lakes do win they better do something about the condition of their ground and the standard of their change rooms, not up to scratch for A grade

Re: Re: Essendon District Football League

Originally posted by My North
Its just as exciting in the B Grade section. There is only 1 game left in season compare to A grade having 2 games as in B grade there a top 5 (so 4 weess of playing finals compare to Ag grade top 4 where there is 3 weeks of playing finals). Cragieburn who are 6th on the ladder need to win against Maribyrnong Park at 7th at Craigieburn and hope Westmeadows who are 5th lose to Tullamarine who are 3, if this happens Craigieburn replace Westmeadows in the 5
Tullamarine needs also to win to secure the 3rd spot on the ladder and get the double chance. Avondale Heights who are 4 need to beat West Coburg who are 2 and hope Tullamarine lose for Avondale Heights to go to 3 and secure the double chance.

What will happen this week in both A grade and B Grade I will find out tomorrow.

Cragieburn won and Westmeadows lost, so craigieburn made the finals and westmeadows finished 6. Tulla got the double chance anf finished 3rd. Avondale Heights came within 5 points of defeating West Coburg. Big last quarter from Avondale Heights kicking 6.6 to West Coburg 1.2

Tulla

Watch for tullamarine in the finals, with the double chance there right up there to go all the way, have lost 3 games and drawn one, the draw never should of happened to maryibynong, they also blew a 3 goal lead to west coburg in the last quater, they also lost to avondale by 5 points and then later beat them by 22 points. injuries have hurt them but they have some good players they will be expecting to stand up come finals time. they play west coburgg at west coburg this week should be a good encounter

Re: Tulla

Originally posted by Bomber12
Watch for tullamarine in the finals, with the double chance there right up there to go all the way, have lost 3 games and drawn one, the draw never should of happened to maryibynong, they also blew a 3 goal lead to west coburg in the last quater, they also lost to avondale by 5 points and then later beat them by 22 points. injuries have hurt them but they have some good players they will be expecting to stand up come finals time. they play west coburgg at west coburg this week should be a good encounter

Last year Tulla Full Foward would have been handy in the side right now. Where did he end up this year.

Re: Re: Tulla

Last year Tulla Full Foward would have been handy in the side right now. Where did he end up this year.

That would be Bayden Yewers, hes playing for Sunshine at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bomber 12 according to the EDFL web site the West Coburg Vs Tulla game will be at Coburg V.F.L ground and not at the West Coburg ground. The other game is at Greenvale. Looks loke netural venues for finals

I always thought the finals were played at neutral venues. Some of the grounds are definitely not right to host finals matches. Believe me, if you have a look at West Coburg's ground, make your own judgement whether or not finlas should be played there.

I think the only reason they are using Greenvale is because they need two venues for the first two weeks.

A Grade will play as many finals as possible at Windy Hill - and definitely the grand final. I'll give that a miss though (unless the top side have a royal slide straight out - what a nice thought!!)

I think the B Grade grand final might also be at Windy Hill. But early finals in the past have been played at Coburg.

Bluntly, I don't think there are any EDFL venues that could reasonably host senior finals - of the ones that I know anyway! I don't know Greenvale's ground for example.

But I DO know that Doutta, Strathmore, Airport West :p , Avondale Heights, Maribyrnong Park, Hadfield, Moonee Valley, Aberfeldie, Keilor Park, Oak Park, Pascoe Vale, Westmeadows and West Coburg couldn't! No way!

Timelord if you want to see a cracker of a Grand Final then don't miss the A grade Final. Keilor are by no means home and hosed this year. Oak Park got a host of gun players back mid year and have another one playing VFL for Geelong. Keilor's gun recruit is out for the season with a knee (Houcher). The teams are extremley even as shown by the last match played b/w the clubs.

As for Greenvale the ground is very big. The facilities (Change rooms/social club) are the best in the EDFL by a country mile. The ground has parking all the way around and has an embankment on one side that allows you to get an excellent view of the game without leaving your car. The surface of the ground is usually poor (hard) but two weeks ago it was good and no worse than any other in the EDFL. The main thing from a leagues point of view is that its a ground where they can charge people to get in.

Originally posted by BigCat1
Timelord if you want to see a cracker of a Grand Final then don't miss the A grade Final. Keilor are by no means home and hosed this year.

I wouldn't pay one cent to see a club that I hate so much - no matter how attractive the grand final might be.

bomber 12 according to the EDFL web site the West Coburg Vs Tulla game will be at Coburg V.F.L ground and not at the West Coburg ground. The other game is at Greenvale. Looks loke netural venues for finals

Sorry my mistake!!, i read it on the website that tulla were playing away and someone had suggested that they were playing at west coburg, i did question them in regards of hame ground advantage.

Originally posted by timelord
I wouldn't pay one cent to see a club that I hate so much - no matter how attractive the grand final might be.

All I am saying is that they will go through the whole year undefeated but will go into the grand final only 50/50 to beat Oak Park. Surely the possibility of them losing after going through undefeated is enough to get you there. The could be no worse feeling in footy for a team than that!

Originally posted by BigCat1
All I am saying is that they will go through the whole year undefeated but will go into the grand final only 50/50 to beat Oak Park. Surely the possibility of them losing after going through undefeated is enough to get you there. The could be no worse feeling in footy for a team than that!

I need a guarentee - not a possibility. Even you have to admit that it's equally possible that the morons will win and win well.

No guarentee - I'm not going.

Originally posted by timelord
I need a guarentee - not a possibility. Even you have to admit that it's equally possible that the morons will win and win well.

No guarentee - I'm not going.

I'll guarentee they wont win well. Will be only a couple of goals in it. On paper Oak Park have more individual stars but Keilor are the more even team. If I was a betting man my money would be on Oakers in an upset. Time will tell.

We're Colonel Sanders Raiders
We're ****ers of the Night
We're Dirty Sons of Bitches
We'd rather ****ing fight
Yada yada yada ya
Who the **** are We
Zim Zim We're from B.O.P

Go Bops :)

Assuming Douttas win against Keilor Park the big clash is Abers v Strathmore with the winner staying in the 4. Had a couple beers at Abers last night and they are quietly confident but spoke to a Strathmore player today and they feel the same. Hopefully it's a great game and an even better luncheon in the Abers rooms! An even better scenario would be for Douttas to lose and then we could watch all their supporters start eating their own - just like Richmond supporters!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon District Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back