Essendon .. having the best jockey won't help a 3 legged horse win the cup!

Remove this Banner Ad

Must say I love all the Essendon hate. We were not hated a great deal since the 2000 Premiership as we really were not a threat in any way shape or form.

You can all say what you want but the truth is most of you envy Essendon, our long term success and our financial position and you know that the recent coaching appointments is nothing but good news and step in the right direction for Essendon.

So what do you suggest we do then as a club? Please enlighten? Do we sack all the players and start again from scratch? That is a much better idea isn't it...when in reality they aren't all as bad as many make them out to be.

No one, especially the club,coaches and most Bombers supporters you speak to, expect a flag next year, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have a great group of coaches around to try and get the players there one day,sooner rather than later.

What is wrong with people these days, they expect clubs that aren't doing well to just sit there and take it. You wouldn't want or accept that at your club so why should we?

So what do you suggest we do then as a club? Please enlighten? Do we sack all the players and start again from scratch? That is a much better idea isn't it...when in reality they aren't all as bad as many make them out to be.

No one, especially the club,coaches and most Bombers supporters you speak to, expect a flag next year, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have a great group of coaches around to try and get the players there one day,sooner rather than later.

What is wrong with people these days, they expect clubs that aren't doing well to just sit there and take it. You wouldn't want or accept that at your club so why should we?
Do what West Coast are "doing".
{By "doing", I mean "not doing"}

I've used this one before, but if you had a sore arm (list) and a broken leg (coach), would you go to the hospital and only get your leg looked at?

No proven key forward, no proven key backs (Fletch won't be there forever) and one a grade mid fielder in Watson.

I would say Hooker, Hurley and Pears have shown at the very least they will be serviceable defenders.

I agree with the no proven key forward.

Just find one.

Thompson has barely spoken a word. I don't see how you can call him a liar. Maybe you think it's wrong of him to leave Geelong (despite having an exit clause) or have a go at Ablett for leaving (even though Bomber didn't leave Essendon for money, which was what the criticism was of) but he hasn't lied at all.

The only liar is Brian Cook who kept talking about Bomber staying, 100% certain that Bomber would stay etc, despite being aware that he was considering quitting.

This my friends is the finest example of blind, blinkered, head in the sand I can't hear you nah nah nah nah nah loyalty you will ever see. Yep Essendon has been completely above board and the only liars are from Geelong.

Bravo! :thumbsu:

This my friends is the finest example of blind, blinkered, head in the sand I can't hear you nah nah nah nah nah loyalty you will ever see. Yep Essendon has been completely above board and the only liars are from Geelong.

Bravo! :thumbsu:

What it is is another possible side to the story, not the media fed story! ;)

Calling a presser on the day Hird was appointed coach??? Turn it up!!! :rolleyes:

Before even opening the thread, I knew it had been started by either a Richmond or Geelong supporter. It's like Richmond supporters are willing someone to be worse than them.

It's cool that the myth about Hird being intelligent has been utterly dispelled.

I remember a few weeks ago he said his comment about wanting to coach in four or five years was the dumbest thing he ever said.

Another lie, no doubt.

just out of interest, if hird is "the best jockey" and essendon is a "3 legged horse", what sort of jockey and horse have richmond had for the last 30 years?

DeadHorse160908_450x257.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before even opening the thread, I knew it had been started by either a Richmond or Geelong supporter. It's like Richmond supporters are willing someone to be worse than them.

Richmond supporters are so scarred from the 30 years of failure they have had to live through that they are more interested in seeing the failings of others than they are of seeing their own success.

They crave another team to be labeled the "New Richmond"

They all seem to think it's Essendon and have started a bandwagon. Unfortunately, for them, they have hitched a ride on the wrong wagon.

Richmond supporters are so scarred from the 30 years of failure they have had to live through that they are more interested in seeing the failings of others than they are of seeing their own success.

They crave another team to be labeled the "New Richmond"

They all seem to think it's Essendon and have started a bandwagon. Unfortunately, for them, they have hitched a ride on the wrong wagon.

No. We're worried about Essendon developing a very un-Australian Carltonesque type culture!

No. We're worried about Essendon developing a very un-Australian Carltonesque type culture!

The Essendon football club is being run by some strange people over the last 4 years....

Firstly the unceremoniously dump there greatest coach in a very ungracious manner and appoint Matthew Knights.

Next they Steal Ian Robson from the Dawks and dump their existing president.

They then dump Matthew Knights after repeatedly lying to the media and falsely reassuring knights himself of his existing contract.

In a measure of desperation they pull out James Hird, a man with no coaching pedigree, and get him to be the poster image for the club (normally clubs would use players, but since essendon have none, they have opted for a former great). Upon securing Hird they undermine their credibility even further by stealing Thompson and McCartney from Geelong in some elaborate sham that just didn't need to be dealt with like it was.

Seriously, WTF....Essendon have just diminshed all their credibility, for which they had large amounts 10 years ago...they have operated in a shady fashion and continually dig themselves deeper and deeper into the wallow.

If Thompson had just openly come out and said i'm going to help out my former club then everyone at Geelong would have understood and given him clearance to move on, understanding that he has allegiance there. However, to come up with some bullshit about fatigue and then to entice a great assitant as well....thats just dirty.

I feel sorry for Thompson, he built up such great reputation through his years at Geelong and he has forever tarnsihed this now. Essendon are a middle/lower rung team with a bad list and little chance for picking up much stock in the coming few years....I look forward to them serving us motivation to continually pound them senseless for the next decade...

If only Essendon could play at our Home ground!!! Wouldn't that be interesting.

Feel sorry for Hird too....his reputation is going to suffer repeatedly after he fails with this club given he has already taken the 'Michael Voss' approach to coaching.

The changes Essendon have make with their new coaching team have been a great marketing exercise for the club. Some of the ruthlessness that epitomized Essendon under Sheedy has been on display.

The club should get its 50,000 members and further sponsorship support.

Their challenge though is to build a good team in the challenging drafting environment created by the introduction of GC and GWS. Watson, an injury prone Hille and a handful of talented youngsters and that is about it.

No proven key forward, no proven key backs (Fletch won't be there forever) and one a grade mid fielder in Watson.

Hird and his bunch of journeymen coaches may have the hype but they cannot make a bottom 4 side into a winner without players.

Rimmer, I think your are 100% right about the Bombers being bottom 4 in 2011. Jump on board champion.:thumbsu:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=774167

Guess you are just seeing the difference between a club that is attractive to people vs a club that people are trying to leave.

so if a GC supporter wants to buy your username, how much will you sell it for?

Essendon, a club that is attractive to people? We are still in 2010, and weren't we seeing droves of Bombers members / supporters deserting the club this year?

Essendon, a club that is attractive to people? We are still in 2010, and weren't we seeing droves of Bombers members / supporters deserting the club this year?

Would you rather see some supporters leave, or your brownlow winning best player, along with the coach that got you 2 flags?

Geelong caused a meltdown in your coach. Essendon cured it.

Essendon, a club that is attractive to people?
McCartney
Bomber
Wallis
Mark Thompson
McCartney
Goodwin
1993 Premiership captain
Wellman
Corcoran
McCartney
Former #26 at Essendon
vs
Mark Neeld - whoops a daisy!!!
G Ablett - whoops a daisy!!!
McCartney - whoops a daisy!!!
Thompson - whoops a daisy!!!

The bodgy Kray brother, Darren Milburn & Wojack. :thumbsu: Tom Lonergan on a 4 year deal :thumbsu:. There's something to build around!

Be gracious now.
The tide is turning for Geelong & Essendon. I'm not the only one who can see this.

Essendon .. having the best jockey won't help a 3 legged horse win the cup!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back