ib allan alvey bullen misiti

B: Welsh Fletcher McVeigh
HB: Solomon Lucas Wellman
C: McPhee Bullen Ramanauskas
HF: Hird Bolton Rioli
F: Cupido Lloyd Murphy
R: Hille J.Johnson M.Johnson
INT: Allan Peverill Haynes Richards

FRINGE (in no order): Winderlich, Johns, Alvey, Hunt, <insert pick 6 here>, <insert pick 13 here>, Watson, Laycock, Reynolds, Mercuri

B: McVeigh Fletcher Wellman
HB: Welsh Lucas Solomon
C: M. Johnson Ramanauskas McPhee
HF: Hird Lloyd Bolton
F: Cupido Johns Rioli
R: Hille J. Johnson Peverill

Int: Allan, and three others from: Reynolds, Hunt, Henneman, Mercuri, Misiti, Bullen, Haynes, Richards, Winderlich, Watson, Murphy, Alvey.

Alvey will be handy. He goes in hard and he kicks goals. He kicked 18 goals in 2002.

B: McVeigh Fletcher Welsh
HB: Wellman Lucas Solomon
C: M. Johnson Hird Reynolds
HF: Murphy Hille Rioli
F: Cupido Lloyd Bolton
R: Allan J. Johnson Ramanauskas

Int from: McPhee Haynes Winderlich Alvey Bullen Henneman Mercuri Misiti Peverill Hunt Johns

**** we'll be deep! That was hard.

Probably not at the start of next year but by mid-next year:
(with an emphasis on a bit of speed)

B: M.Johnson Fletcher Soloman
HB: Wellmann Lucas McPhee
C: Bullen Hird Winderlich
HF: Haynes Lloyd Rioli
F: Cupido Johns Murphy
Foll: Hille J.Johnson Ramanauskas
Inter: Alvey Peverill Bolton Allan

too hard to do, too many good players, only 22 spots

the team would have to be on the basis of form rather than perceived ability at this point

I'm going to wait it out for a little while at least.

Pre-season training starts 17th November!

Welsh Fletcher McVeigh
Solomon Lucas Wellman
McPhee Rama Peverill
Hird Bolton Rioli
Cupido Lloyd Haynes

Hille MJ JJ

Allan Hunt/Henneman Alvey/Murphy Winderlich/Watson etc

that is extremely HARD to do. apart from the automatic selections its difficult to leave players out, i'd like McPhee to play defence, and solomon - but then where's welly go. Winderlich, reynolds etc deserve a chance... and sheeds loves reynolds so u'd think he slots in somewhere - probably leaving haynes on the bench or emergancies (stiff). Richards/Johns etc might get a shot, but then where does bolton fit?

The signs are good - we have so MANY options, and so much depth.

Originally posted by Speuge
Probably not at the start of next year but by mid-next year:
(with an emphasis on a bit of speed)

B: M.Johnson Fletcher Wellman
HB: Wellmann Lucas McPhee
C: Bullen Hird Winderlich
HF: Haynes Lloyd Rioli
Foll: Hille J.Johnson Ramanauskas
Inter: Alvey Peverill Bolton Allan

How many Wellmans do we have?

B: Welsh Fletcher McVeigh
HB: Solomon Lucas Wellman
C: McPhee Alvey Ramanauskas
HF: Hird Bolton Rioli
F: Cupido Lloyd Murphy
R: Hille J.Johnson M.Johnson
INT: Allan Peverill Haynes Richards

Emerg: reynolds, winder, bully, hunt

depth IS DEEEEEP

I think it's just a bit too soon to be picking teams for next year yet - with pick number 6, we will probably have another handy type of player who could easily slot in, and we may also pick up some more experienced players in the draft who will challenge for a spot.

One thing is for sure, Bulleen and Haynes must stay in the side. These two will be guns - we need to keep them in.

Bolton may find his spot under pressure if he dosn't improve (same with Henneman and Mercuri), and Allan is the obvious replacement for Alessio. I expect Alvey to be an automatic starter, while Murphy may be in and out - but I expect him to play in most games (like Mercuri).

And while we all hate injuries, at least know we have some quality midfield depth to come in.

This IS hard.

B: M. Johnson Fletcher Welsh
HB: Wellman Lucas Solomon
C: Alvey Bullen Ramanauskas
HF: Hird Lloyd Rioli
R: Hille Peverill J.Johnson

I/C Allan and three of: Haynes McVeigh Bolton McPhee Misiti Winderlich Reynolds Richards Mercuri Henneman Watson Walsh Hunt

When Allan comes on, Hille can be released to CHF and Lloyd can go to the square.

We seem to have a lot of depth in the midfield now, so I would be tempted to throw Mark Johnson back to the back pocket, although McVeigh has been doing well there.

Doing this, the two things that really stand out are 1) finding someone to play CHF and 2) finding another key defender, particularly to back Fletch up should his flailing limbs get him in trouble again. We ought to really test Hunt and see if he is up to it.

Originally posted by Nandoz
How many Wellmans do we have?

Good point Nandoz - Back pocket should be Soloman not another Wellmann. But then again 2 Wellmans would be handy (not to mention 3 Hirds). You should see how messy my bit of paper is, it is a pretty hard task to put the team together, but we are definately very, very deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Speuge
Good point Nandoz - Back pocket should be Soloman not another Wellmann. But then again 2 Wellmans would be handy (not to mention 3 Hirds). You should see how messy my bit of paper is, it is a pretty hard task to put the team together, but we are definately very, very deep.

I wouldnt mind 16 Hirds, of all different shapes and sizes. :)

After a hell of a long time, rotating positions, choosing the final 22, I have come to a concensus on my final team of 2004. It goes as follows:

Backline: Welsh, Fletcher, Wellman
Half-back: McPhee, Lucas, Ramanauskas
Centre: Solomon, Alvey (Rotate w/ Rioli), Peverill
Half-forward: Hird, Bolton (Rotate w/ Lloyd), Rioli (Rotate w/ Alvey)
Forward: Haynes, Lloyd (Rotate w/ Bolton), Cupido
Followers: M. Johnson, J. Johnson, Hille

Interchange: Allan, McVeigh, Bullen, Henneman

Emergency: Johns, Reynolds, Richards, Murphy

Fringe: Mercuri, Misiti, Winderlich, Hunt, Watson, Laycock, Richards (Any of which could eventually be in the starting 22)

Note: Interchange bench very hard to choose, due to unbelievable depth. Interchange bench and emergencies will rotate regularly, and im expecting fierce rivalries in attempts to get into the team. Will not be an easy team to force yourself into.

Couldnt find a spot for any members of the wog-brigade, Misiti or Mercuri. Also couldnt find a spot in the 22 for Murphy, who will rely on bad performances by one of the midfield-bench, and then will have to force himself into the team, and never look back. We have to take Allan, as he is the support ruckman. Not taking him could be potentially fatal for the Bombers, if anything would happen to Hille. Henneman was a toss up, and there were an easy 5 or 6 players who could have easily taken his spot. Im sure hw wouldnt last in the team for long.

What a team to choose! Good luck to anyone else to decides to try it!

Originally posted by Nandoz
Emergency: Johns, Reynolds, Richards, Murphy

Fringe: Mercuri, Misiti, Winderlich, Hunt, Watson, Laycock, Richards (Any of which could eventually be in the starting 22)

For the life of me, i dont understand this menality!! You have a guy who hasn't played a senior game and for the most part has been on our rookie list ahead of experience campaigners in Misiti and Mercuri. Licka has talent to burn, and i'd rate him ahead of Reynolds on potential alone. Watson? Laycock? Played one game and none respectively. Not even onthe fringe i'd image.

And Henneman?? LMAO!! :rolleyes:

NB. You've named Ted twice.

Originally posted by topdon
For the life of me, i dont understand this menality!! You have a guy who hasn't played a senior game and for the most part has been on our rookie list ahead of experience campaigners in Misiti and Mercuri. Licka has talent to burn, and i'd rate him ahead of Reynolds on potential alone. Watson? Laycock? Played one game and none respectively. Not even onthe fringe i'd image.

Ive discussed it with fellow Bomber counterparts on many and many the occasion, and I honestly dont believe there is any room left for these 2. Whether you like it or not, these two are moving on with age and playing performances, and I think the youth will be given a better run this year. I cant see a consistant spot for any of these 2. Henneman was probably a bad decision, but it was definately a toss up between a few. The depth of the Essendon team makes it extremely hard to pick a team. I dont believe youve tried it topdon?

ok i thought i may as well try....

B: MJ Fletcher Wellmen
C: Alvy Hird Ramma
HF: Rioli Bolton Mcphee
F Cupido Lloyd Haynes
Foll: Hille JJ Winderlynch
Int Allen Bullen Murphey <insert pick 6/13>

Ive left out so many players i want in eg Johns Reynolds Bullen Merc Misti and more more more more more.... its really quite stunning the depth we have.

Misiti and mercs are finished...let them give some leadership to bendigo...new era down at bomberland and i dont think those two will be part of it..Thats not to say they havent been great for the EFC, i think they have been brilliant, but there comes a time when careers finish and the bell is about to ring for those 2

Originally posted by marcuz
Misiti and mercs are finished...let them give some leadership to bendigo...new era down at bomberland and i dont think those two will be part of it..Thats not to say they havent been great for the EFC, i think they have been brilliant, but there comes a time when careers finish and the bell is about to ring for those 2

Definately. We have recieved fantastic service from Mercs and Smokin Joe, but their time is just about up. I wouldnt mind them sticking around the club, providing some help for the youngsters around the club, but as far as their playing careers go, unfortunately I think they are just about up. What I dont want to see is them fade awya to other clubs, such as Collingwood, as has been the tendency of retiring Bomber players, in their search for coaching roles.

Its been great Mercs and Joey, but I cant see much of a playing future ahead for you blokes...unfortuntely. :(

Originally posted by topdon

I assume by that little highlight you are talking about johns as the rookie. unfortunately, with experience there comes age and by the sounds of it, misiti and mercuri are coming to the end of their career's, just as everyone does. by the way, to get experience, you have to play some games so i don't see what your problem is with giving johns a go, he's got the talent, now he just nees to get a shot. this will allow lloydy to play up feild where he's gonna need to be if he wants to be captain because hird can't be around forever. luck for all the young guys, your not the selector! but each to their own

Originally posted by bLuEMoOsE
ok i thought i may as well try....

B: MJ Fletcher Wellmen
C: Alvy Hird Ramma
HF: Rioli Bolton Mcphee
F Cupido Lloyd Haynes
Foll: Hille JJ Winderlynch
Int Allen Bullen Murphey <insert pick 6/13>

Ive left out so many players i want in eg Johns Reynolds Bullen Merc Misti and more more more more more.... its really quite stunning the depth we have.

very good team, i might change bolton with teddy. id prob put winderlick on the bench, reynolds on the bench or bullen (one will be dropped)

Remove this Banner Ad

essendon team 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back