essendon VS hawthorn BRAWL - from a couple years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh? Mark Johnson was f***ing owned by Nick Holland. Mark Johnson was never the same "tough guy" ever again, as he was put in his place that day... Now he runs around in the VFL kicking people.

430_aflfight,0.jpg

(the Bombers even had a winge to say Johnson stopped breathing)

Hawks might have got bent over on the scoreboard, but the Bombers were bent over in the fight and have been rubbish v the Hawks since.
We're here to watch football, mate. It doesn't matter who wins a fight. Go support Mundine the w***er. Football not boxing. And you win football matches by getting the higher score on the scoreboard and we did that day.

I think Essendon thought they were pretty tough and during that period were constantly taking cheap shots at opposition players via Mark Johnson and McPhee. The brawl was started by Mark Johnson just prior to half-time when he slammed Robert Campbell into the turf, after the umpire had already whistled for a ball-up, momentarily concussing him.

After half time Hawthorrn came back determined not to put up with any more cheap shots. When it did start Essendon disgraced themselves and were beat up like little girls; Vandenberg was at the forefront and gave McPhee the bashing that face had been asking for for sometime. Essendon supporters feel they need to concoct a fairytale that he was held down, truth is he was as weak as piss. Mark Johnson whined to the press that he feared for his life after Nick Holland held him in a head-lock. The Essendon bench was quite a site with all the bloodied players - Windowlicker, McPhee, etc.

The culmination, Essendon was shown to be paper tiger tough guys and Hawthorn has owed there ever since. Hence the bitterness Essendon supporters hold towards Vandenberg.

Yep, was there, and have of course followed everything since. This post is pretty damn accurate....

Hawfforn were the instigators as they were in the 1985 brawl, when the teams returned to playing football in both games, normal service was resumed.

Yep, normal service being Essendon won those games, but the Hawks went on to completely own the Dons for the next x amount of years....

Yep, normal service being Essendon won those games, but the Hawks went on to completely own the Dons for the next x amount of years....

They started owning Essendon after we became a crap team, but they couldn't get near us between 1998 and 2004 when we were a winning side. It's the reason they've been so obsessed with Essendon ever since.

I dont know about anyone else, and what they got, but poor old Lance Piccione got about 3-4 weeks for a photo on the front page of the Herald Sun. An Essendon player seemed to be resting his jaw on Lance's fist. They were both on the ground and poor old Lance got time for it.

Dont think there was any footage of the incident, other than the photo. He got done basically because the photo was seen on the Sunday or Monday and they ran with that as evidence.

Thats when I knew the tribunal was going in the wrong direction.
:p

What in your opinion is a great captain and leader? One who starts fights? Or wins games?

Someone who pulls their shorts up really high, writes post-it notes to himself setting out the number of goals he needs to kick to break different milestones and spends his weekends diving and rolling around on the grass, looking up at the umpires with pleading, puppy-dog eyes.

Inspiring!

Its why i think Vandenburg is a scum player. Laid into McPhee why other players held him down. Absolute dog....

Don't forget Bateman the gutless wonder. Vandenturd is a hack, needs two of his team mates to pin down McPhee. Real tough act Ritchie you piece of scum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mark johnson was "strangled" by a man with two non-functioning shoulders

the squib cried and squealed his way out of a suspension for wrestling by trying to dob holland in

bottom line is we are 1 competant goal umpire away from being undefeated since that brawl. bombers fans can say what they like but al clarkson is 4-1 all time against essendon and has dermie, vandenberg and that afternoon to thank for it

I think Essendon thought they were pretty tough and during that period were constantly taking cheap shots at opposition players via Mark Johnson and McPhee. The brawl was started by Mark Johnson just prior to half-time when he slammed Robert Campbell into the turf, after the umpire had already whistled for a ball-up, momentarily concussing him.

After half time Hawthorrn came back determined not to put up with any more cheap shots. When it did start Essendon disgraced themselves and were beat up like little girls; Vandenberg was at the forefront and gave McPhee the bashing that face had been asking for for sometime. Essendon supporters feel they need to concoct a fairytale that he was held down, truth is he was as weak as piss. Mark Johnson whined to the press that he feared for his life after Nick Holland held him in a head-lock. The Essendon bench was quite a site with all the bloodied players - Windowlicker, McPhee, etc.

The culmination, Essendon was shown to be paper tiger tough guys and Hawthorn has owed there ever since. Hence the bitterness Essendon supporters hold towards Vandenberg.
Bluespooner. On behalf of the HFC I would like to thank you.
I've never been able to explain it so truthfully and so well.
Must kill the bomber fans to see how soft they have become.
They were real hard for so long back in the 80's and early 90's, but the Solomons and Johnsons turned it into snide cheap crap from which they have never recovered.
Their 2 power fwds duck and dive in the knowledge that 5ft 10inch Campbell Brown is out there somewhere.

what really surprised me was that the incident that triggered the ball was incidental contact. essendon took exception to chance bateman legitimately going for a mark and taking out winderlich as he did. bateman played hard+fair football for one of the rare occasions in 2004 and essendon retaliated too it, starting the brawl.

Bluespooner. On behalf of the HFC I would like to thank you.
I've never been able to explain it so truthfully and so well.
Must kill the bomber fans to see how soft they have become.
They were real hard for so long back in the 80's and early 90's, but the Solomons and Johnsons turned it into snide cheap crap from which they have never recovered.
Their 2 power fwds duck and dive in the knowledge that 5ft 10inch Campbell Brown is out there somewhere.

Pisser, Merv.

Here Here.:D

It happened right in front of me, as I was sitting Level 1 on that wing at the time. Still one of favourite footy memories. It was awesome.

Anyone who says stuff like that is bad for footy is a soft prick who needs to harden the f-k up.

Remove this Banner Ad

essendon VS hawthorn BRAWL - from a couple years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back