Essendon VS Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Loedi39

Draftee
May 30, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember when you guys beat the mighty Roos after we lead by 69 points in the first quarter, Weren't they the days. I think it was 2001, and Lloydy kicked a bag including one fitting for the world cup.

Look at our clubs now, Here's to better times.

Loedi39 said:
Remember when you guys beat the mighty Roos after we lead by 69 points in the first quarter, Weren't they the days. I think it was 2001, and Lloydy kicked a bag including one fitting for the world cup.

Look at our clubs now, Here's to better times.

Here here!:thumbsu:
That was an awesome game of footy, heres hoping we can get back to that level of footy again.:)

Loedi39 said:
I think it was 2001, and Lloydy kicked a bag including one fitting for the world cup.

That was 1999, when Carey kicked 10 (including that left footed checkside) and Lloyd kicked seven, in an Essendon 25-point win.

Thewlis Dish said:
That was 1999, when Carey kicked 10 (including that left footed checkside) and Lloyd kicked seven, in an Essendon 25-point win.
We had a pretty decent Lloyd vs. Carey rivalry going. Quite a few of those games just boiled down to which ever of those players had the better game.

Marshmallows...lol

does anybody have a copy of this game?
...i remember seeing it on the day, but was so furious come quater time i went to work the barbeque...only caught glimpses up until 3Q time.

any torrent links?

rolandproducts said:
does anybody have a copy of this game?
...i remember seeing it on the day, but was so furious come quater time i went to work the barbeque...only caught glimpses up until 3Q time.

any torrent links?

i hav the game vs roos when we came back from 69pts on dvd. bought it from k-mart i think, afl store would also be a good chance of stocking??? well worth the 29.95 price tag...lloyd and j.johnson on fiiiiire!!!!:thumbsu:

never been more content watching a pure shallacking in the 1st quarter and a half just knowing that soon the dons will go BANG!!!:D

Thewlis Dish said:
2001 was the big comeback. 99 was a shoot out that signalled our arrival as a top out-fit. Loved both games for different and same reasons:D

Deadly Hedley said:
2001 was the big comeback. 99 was a shoot out that signalled our arrival as a top out-fit. Loved both games for different and same reasons:D
Correct.

They played the game during the week after late at night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomberland06 said:
that was one of the great games of this era, lets hope essendon can play north i granny in the near future.

Great game agreed. A bit off topic but what a waste Essendon never played North Melbourne in a grand final when both were at the top of there powers from 1998-2001

bomber_42 said:
Great game agreed. A bit off topic but what a waste Essendon never played North Melbourne in a grand final when both were at the top of there powers from 1998-2001
Two one point preliminary final losses = two North Melbourne premierships.

I was at both prelims and they were both very hard to take. Should not have lost in 96 being 2 goals up with 2 minutes to go, and '99, it still hurts. :(

red+black said:

I was at both prelims and they were both very hard to take. Should not have lost in 96 being 2 goals up with 2 minutes to go, and '99, it still hurts. :(
If we made it in 96 we would have been slaughtered. We could barely feild a reserves team in the GF that year. We got smashed against sydney.

red+black said:
Yeah I know, the 96 prelim was brutal. It was still pretty hard to take considering we had it in the bag.
We finished 6th after h/a and we got to play west coast at home. So the prelim was probably the evener. I didnt feel to bad after it.

red+black said:

Yeah both brutal, hard to chose which hurts the most, maybe '99 as we would have been favourites and had started to get the Kangaroos measure

DaSawx said:
Yeah both brutal, hard to chose which hurts the most, maybe '99 as we would have been favourites and had started to get the Kangaroos measure
1999 was an absolute heartbreaker.

I remember that empty feeling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon VS Kangaroos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back