Etihad puts bite on fans

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes it excellent?
okay here goes.
It's expensive tickets?
Really? how much more expensive than anywhere else?

Long queues?
I walk straight in.
Painfully slow footbridge?
If you go on the footbridge, but evertime I have had no probs.
Lack of atmosphere?
Subjective, I find the atmosphere fantastic and the view is second to none and it has a lovely roof.
Rip off food?
Anyone that buys food there or at any grd is a fool.
Piss poor gate returns?
The AFL are looking into that.
Constant soft tissue injuries?
When was the last one? What are the comparable figures?
Terrible surface?
Really? It looks fantastic to me.
Does anyone else think surface is terrible?

What exactly?
Hard to believe you could be so wrong.:eek:

two words for you: ian collins.

through about three or four different jobs there is one thing consistent with this bloke and his approach to dealing with others - it's called "f*** you".

the current disdain with which this stadium treats it's customers and the clubs that play there just reeks of ian collins. the afl is obviously their biggest customer - maybe they should "suggest" that etihad gets a ceo with an approach to business that reflects 2009 rather than the dark ages.

The man has a track record few can match; I'd love to see a list of all the wonderful things he has done whilst in the football industry - from Carlton, to AFL to Docklands: anyone with a good memory of events would be able to do it: you would see his involvment in practically every big issue since the early 90's.

Great viewing ground, good seating.
The footbridge is a nightmare, as for food and drink - forget it. The G is bad enough food-wise, but Docklands is worse.
The surface sucks as well, although its far better than in 2000. How there can still be queues with people not getting into games until after quarter time I really don't know. Ir was bad nough when it started but 9 years later is truly pathetic.
The best thing is, its not Waverly or Princes Park - now those are grounds that truly did suck.

yes its expensive but i dont mind considering i dont have to worry about the weather.... much more enjoyable place to be on a freezing cold winter day than getting cold and wet at the g!

food is extremely overpriced at all grounds, as is beer (hate the midstrength-at-night-games thing) so its a good idea to take some food in. but if u ask me u cant have the full footy experience without a pie and beer!

What i don't understand is that people bitch and moan about the recession but they can afford beer. The guy in front of me at our home dome games has 8 beers every time. After every game you see this stack of empty cups. I don't know how much beer is but it must be atleast $5 per cup.

EDIT : He also has a boy with him so don't know how they get home. Not that it's none of my business. Plus he spends more time at the bar than in his seat.

"Others" being Etihad Stadium management.

Pricks.

MWNN, no doubt there is an issue with the return per head costs for some clubs at Jihad Stadium, but this is actually a move designed to limit the losses for clubs like North Melbourne.

It has been common knowledge for years that you can just walk up to a GA window an hour before a non-ticketed game and get a seat at the ends for a nothing extra.

I am Sydney member and rather than book a level one seat I just swipe mt membership and sit on the same level as a North Melbourne (or similar club) who has forked out the cash to do so and I am sure other members of their own clubs are going the same.

This will atleast attempt to limit any greater loses by forcing some people to pay extra for level one seats. If that means North Melbourne only lose $1.30 per head rather than $1.40 then that is a good move by Jihad Stadium.

DST
:D

Great viewing ground, good seating.
The footbridge is a nightmare, as for food and drink - forget it. The G is bad enough food-wise, but Docklands is worse.
The surface sucks as well, although its far better than in 2000. How there can still be queues with people not getting into games until after quarter time I really don't know. Ir was bad nough when it started but 9 years later is truly pathetic.
The best thing is, its not Waverly or Princes Park - now those are grounds that truly did suck.

Howard, I tell you why there are ques till quarter time to get in, it's because everybody turns up at 7.30pm for a 7.40pm kick off and demands the right to get in.

I work across the road at Docklands and left the office at 7.55pm last Friday and it was astounding as to how many people were still parking their cars and walking over from New Quay etc to even get close to Jihad Stadium.

DST

Docklands stadium is a great venue to watch football at. It is comforatable, there isn't a bad seat in the house, it is within 100 metres of a major train station, right next to the city, comfortable seating and good amenities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^:D:D

Why don't you buy a shoulder bag?:p

my *** bag rocks imo

63-fannypack-full.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Etihad puts bite on fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back