Roast Etihad...

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairtex

All Australian
Feb 2, 2010
MCG
AFL Club
Melbourne
Can I just say, im glad we dont have to play at that shithole to often. Terrible place to watch football. Apparently the boys arn't to fond of it either.

Anyone see McDonald trip in the first quarter while going for a tackle. Cost us a goal, and he kicked a lump of dirt out of the ground the size of a ****ing Shoe....

Not a real fan of Etihad. don't like getting there, don't like the seating/ticketing, and don't really like the kind of footy the smaller ground breeds (not that this is any kind of excuse)

I couldn't see a fair chunk of the ground from my third tier seat.

I think the view is better from the top levels? You can see the entire ground, and the game unfolding before you. Being a member without a reserved seat I have to sit in the top level every week... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

But the surface at Etihad is horrendous... as we all know.

I was sitting third level, and looking down at the boundary line closest to me there was an area about 7-8 metres deep that I couldn't see.

The ball went into this area a couple of times as Melbourne were coming out of defense, and I couldn't see any of the 3 players contesting it.

It's not really a game-ruining issue, but I think what he was getting at is that you don't get that sort of problem at the MCG. I haven't sat 2nd level Etihad before, so I don't know what it's like there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the view is better from the top levels? You can see the entire ground, and the game unfolding before you. Being a member without a reserved seat I have to sit in the top level every week... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

But the surface at Etihad is horrendous... as we all know.

A seat on the wing on the top tier is good but I was on the flank and had a fair bit of the ground sliced off :(

Terrible ground to watch footy. They make us sit on level 3 when half of level 1 is bloody empty anyway. The atmosphere up there is shithouse and you're mixed with North supporters. Couldn't even see the scoreboard from where I was sitting because it was covered by that semi-circle thing that hangs from the roof. Terrible design.

Went down to level 1 at half-time and the bloke checking tickets behind the goals where the cheersquad was just let us in. Made it half bearable to watch. Give me the MCG any day of the week.

I say bring back Waverly.

I know the car park was crappy and there was little public transport but with all the money that was spent on Etihad they could have renovated the ground and parking facilities. Hell they could have even asked the government to build the tram line that was originally meant to run down the middle of Wellington rd.

At the very least it gave everyone in the outer south and eastern suburbs a chance to go to the football without having to waste their whole day travelling.

And for all those who didn't know Waverly Park is close to the geographical centre of Melbourne.

Why is it everytime I go to the footy we ****ing lose! Turns me off going altogether lol. Especially at Etihad... **** THAT GROUND! Why can't we play on it? And why do North always have the edge over us, it;s got me ****ed to be honest. North are no where near the level of our best, we just never seem to be able to show our best against em.

Ahwell, having a piss-up next Friday night with relatives, so even if we lose we'll get too smashed to notice (;)). Then the week after I'm trying to organize a trip to the G with a mate to watch us (hopefully) PUMP the Eagles :thumbsu:

Underrating North, they are coming along nicely after a rough start to the year.

We couldn't show our best because they pressured us heavily for almost all of the match.

We didn't play as well at Etihad because the smaller ground makes it easier to apply pressure.

These were known issues before the game, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that we played the way we did.

I didn't under-estimate North at all, they wanted it more then us in the end and that much was obvious. We kept making the same mistakes whilst trying to do the same things over and over and over again, pathetic. All I said was that I honestly think our best is better then theirs. If we played like we did against the lions the week before... today would have been different. And I'm just saying.

It was the most predictable game I have ever been to.
It had a lot of the Carlton games at Etihad in 2006 about it.
Outplayed all day, made a half hearted charge back into the game but were never really in it.

Only one more game there against St Kilda in round 14. Should be a blast.
Never been to the Dome. Going with the family to watch that one (Mrs is a Saints fan).

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Etihad...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back