Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

ja2y8uqu.jpg

Just for an insight to where I've been for the last week. This is my girlfriends family home in the midi-pyrenees and my 4th time here. Photo taken 2 hours ago and that bridge in the background is the highest bridge in Europe.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375992370.392596.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375992370.392596.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 32

You wait for them to pass. A zebra crossing is nothing more than a pay attention station. Can't rely on anyone stopping.

What scares me is when I fall over a stair or piss on my shoes my auto reaction is ooh la la. Or Putain de merde... I never swear in English anymore. C'est tres bizarre.

I think I have been to far too many countries as I am now swearing in random languages at random times. Puta madre has become a staple. I also say Mita vittua whenever something perplexes me. I have more but lets see if the bigfooty swear filter picks these up first......:)

I think I have been to far too many countries as I am now swearing in random languages at random times. Puta madre has become a staple. I also say Mita vittua whenever something perplexes me. I have more but lets see if the bigfooty swear filter picks these up first......:)
Jebem ti mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Checking in after a morning with Edith, Oscar and Jim

Spent an afternoon with them myself a few weeks ago haha! Always a constant crowd at Morrisons grave though so was hard to get a real look. Nice place to spend a few hours away from all of the busy tourist spots hey! Some really interesting monuments to see for people that are into something a little different. Quite a beautiful place for a cemetery.

Spent an afternoon with them myself a few weeks ago haha! Always a constant crowd at Morrisons grave though so was hard to get a real look. Nice place to spend a few hours away from all of the busy tourist spots hey! Some really interesting monuments to see for people that are into something a little different. Quite a beautiful place for a cemetery.

Agree with everything here. Is a very beautiful part of the city and very peaceful. Was surprised at the no nonsense of Edith Piafs grave considering her legendary status. I guess take away the fences and everything from Jim Morrisons and it's also pretty standard.

How doable/worthwhile is going to the US after Europe? Is there a massive discrepancy in price and cost? Would the money be better and longer spent just checking out more of Europe? Curious about doing at least New York but preferably the west coast (Seattle, Portland, San Fran, Cali).

How doable/worthwhile is going to the US after Europe? Is there a massive discrepancy in price and cost? Would the money be better and longer spent just checking out more of Europe? Curious about doing at least New York but preferably the west coast (Seattle, Portland, San Fran, Cali).
Don't do America until you're 21 or older. Pointless going before then.

Do two separate trips IMO.

How do people decide where to travel to in Europe?!

I'm heading there for three months in December, (flying into London) but after that I don't have any plans or any idea about what to do!

Start with your must-dos and work around that - Don't try and force everything, even if a place might be amazing, save it for next time.

Not having been there yet, I would factor in that you're going in Winter (The exact same time as me brother ;) for the same amount of time...), which might help?

Also, based on what I tried getting about a month back, organise your New Years asap.

I'm heading there for three months in December, (flying into London) but after that I don't have any plans or any idea about what to do!

Sounds like the best way. What you could do is start searching airlines like Ryanair and look for cheap destinations and connections. Also use airbnb.com for accomodation.

Did France to London to Dublin to Brussels to Rome to Porto to marseille last year on Ryanair, all up.... 109 euros.

If your on a budget it's a great way to travel

I did a tour last year, this year (next week) going with friends.

We had definites between us - London, Paris & Berlin. We all agreed on Amsterdam and Edinburgh.

It doesn't cost much to fly to each place. I would suggest Paris without a doubt - has this magic in the air about it. Walked around it for 8 hours the first day and could have walked another 8.

And it also depends on your budget, you're there for ages though, may as well make the most out of it.

Would definitely try and see England, France, Germany, Holland, possibly Spain, and Italy.

Awesome guys, cheers for the help.

Dagless, you mean plan for New Years because accommodation will be scarce ?

Another thing, what's the best way to buy EPL tickets? I'm trying to get to the Spurs vs Liverpool game in December but I'm doubting that ill get a chance to buy tickets to that

Yep - A lot of Berlin hostels for New Years were already booked out, most of the half decent ones on hostelworld and all of the really really cheap ones (Except for some ridiculous 50 person dorm place I found....)

Prices also skyrocket... Cost of cheapest dorm at least doubled from normal weekends.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back