Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

How far can I realistically stretch 14-20 days holiday in Europe.

UK - London stuff, Stone Henge, Sheffield (Snooker world champs possibly quarter finals), OR cricket depending on time of the year, or F1 wherever it's on at the time.
Ireland - Dublin (all the distillery stuff)

Europe??? What could I realistically do. I want to minimalise photography so I can absorb more of the atmosphere and not just tick off boxes of where I've been.
I want to see the nice sites and landmarks, but also sit back and chill in nice places such as Mykonos.

For example if I did a mediterranean tour could I realistically hit Portugal, Spain, Greece, France and Italy?

Could I hit Germany, Poland, Austria, Switzerland

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland
Two weeks to three weeks is best done with with five cities in one or two countries or five days in three (well connected) cities.

If I only had that long I'd probably go to London for a few days and stick to a strip of coast or an island for the other 10 days. maybe get two sets of five night stays along the same train line and just do day trips.

Travelling all the time is a massive pain in the arse unless you're 21.

Worst airport I've ever been through I recon, especially the underground passages to get between terminals.

I was in CPH 3 weeks ago! Amazing city!

Frankfurt airport gave me PTSD and I've got to do it again on the way back.

Just spent 10 days in the Baltics. Now at Tallinn airport waiting to fly to Amsterdam. My ranking of the three Baltic capitals.

1. Vilnius - amazing little city
2. Riga - took me a while to like it after Vilnius but in the end it was good
3. Tallinn - was ok but nothing unique about it.

Horrendous, although I also think Heathrow gives it a run for it's money
As someone who has flown through European airports far too much I still have CDG as my most hated but somehow I find myself having to go back through it. Another 5 times this year and no doubt many more to come next year 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back