Everitt/Thornton - I'm confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

The PSD threat is severely overrated. My money would be on no big name player being left to be picked up in the PSD. Its only happened 1 year out of 20.

Thaihawk said:
Neither Hawthorn or Carlton will pick up their former players as they have already rejected their terms.

Just like Buckenera and Hawthorn when he had agreed to terms with the West Coast Eagles?

Cast you mind back....

Sheik Mathious said:
Just like Buckenera and Hawthorn when he had agreed to terms with the West Coast Eagles?

Cast you mind back....

That's different actually. We took Buckenara to court in regards to the matter. Everyone thought we were waging a losing battle in regards to him and (?) some other player, but look how we came through in the end ...

Carlton can and will redraft Thornton if he goes into the PSD. But on Friday, expect Carlton to open up their channels of communication. They'll give Hawthorn a shot at making a trade, but it'll be a brief one. If Hawthorn don't make a bid that's fair for both clubs then it's finished. Thornton will remain at Carlton.

From now to Friday, Hawthorn have to start thinking about some realistic trade posibilities.

Funkalicous said:
Carlton can and will redraft Thornton if he goes into the PSD. But on Friday, expect Carlton to open up their channels of communication. They'll give Hawthorn a shot at making a trade, but it'll be a brief one. If Hawthorn don't make a bid that's fair for both clubs then it's finished. Thornton will remain at Carlton.

From now to Friday, Hawthorn have to start thinking about some realistic trade posibilities.

Question is, Funky, who of the two will be more desperate come Friday? Will Thornton continue to re-iterate his stance that he wont play for Carlton and wont sign with another team and subsequently force Carlton to somehow offload him at the last minute for something? Or will Hawthorn realise that they really do want a player of quality and offer something worthwhile?

philhawk said:
Question is, Funky, who of the two will be more desperate come Friday? Will Thornton continue to re-iterate his stance that he wont play for Carlton and wont sign with another team and subsequently force Carlton to somehow offload him at the last minute for something? Or will Hawthorn realise that they really do want a player of quality and offer something worthwhile?

Despite Thornton's manager trying to sour his relationship with Carlton, I don't think the situation is that bad. Both Pagan and the board think highly of Bret, and they're determined to work something out with him. Apparently money isn't the issue, nor is his relationship with Pagan. Rumour has it that he's offended by the Carlton board's initial contract. - Which is just silly. The board are under a lot of pressure with finances, and admittedly they made a poor offer. But in the end they offered him a great contract. I'm sure in the coming weeks he'll cool down and work out whatever problems he has at Carlton.

So yeah, I don't think we'll be desperate to trade him. Don't forget, we need him more than your club does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everitt/Thornton - I'm confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back