Everitt Walks Out

Remove this Banner Ad

arupist said:
Twit! You might find that Rawlings, Thompson and Hay were thrown overboard. Spider has yet to announce anything, and even if he does, it will be to bolster the crew.

And as for the freakin' Tigers, what have you got to grin about? Another late season fade out, no finals, no priority pick, nothing left in the trade cabinet. You better hope for a big improvement from last year's recruits.

when was hay thrown overboard?? he stormed out, thompson asked to go, rawlings asked too if i recall correctly and now spida.

The club is falling apart!

swansrule100 said:
when was hay thrown overboard?? he stormed out, thompson asked to go, rawlings asked too if i recall correctly and now spida.

The club was falling apart two to three years ago. These guys (Spider aside) are remnants of that era that led us to 14th in 2005 and 2005. Most of them have to go. Unfortunately you can't get rid of them all at once. All of them are soft and are better off elsewhere, as is Hawthorn. There is a new breed emerging at Hawthorn, a mongrel breed. No place for Johnny, unfortunately. Nor the pussies we let go over the past couple of years. Funny, Spider would fit right in.

swansrule100 said:

Rawlings has the knees of a 85 year old Granny that worked in a brothel her whole life, Thompson had depression and has no animosity towards the club, and Hay just struggles with the concept of aussie rules. How is that falling apart. I'd say good list management (getting rid of our overpaid duds).

On top of that Everitt hasn't even confirmed that he is leaving. So at the moment it is just a journo looking for tomorrows headline.

Mighty Hawk said:
Just another reason why it should be open
slather on the player market.
That would mean a return to chequebook premierships. Rich clubs would again buy premierships. Carlton bought some of their flags. It wouldn't work for them now though as the club is almost broke ... or in a lot of debt ... same thing if some philanthropist doesn't bail them out.

Terry Tan said:
Rawlings, Thompson, Hay, Spida....hahahahahahhahahhahaha who's next to jump the sinking Hawk ship??!

Crawford?
Success is something your club has had. Wallace better deliver Terry Tan enjoy Richo with Fev great cartoon in Sun today loser

badboybobba said:
Was just on channel 7, He wants to sign with Sydney on a 3 year deal.

thats what happens when you burn so many players

a disgrace hawthorn, no loyalty, no immediate ambition.

badboybobba said:
We will be the laughing stock of the competition. Why do all our players want out?
All??? The trading news concerning our club, thus far, is about Hay and Everitt. Please name all the others.

Does anybody feel this will have a negative impact on the hawks young guys losing two key experienced players??

Im looking particular at Franklin, who seems settled and seems to have struck up a close friendship wif lewis. Im not certain but i got the impresion spida took buddy under his wing. Is it a concern???

mattyc2422 said:
I love how people overeact based on speculation from Hutchy who is notorious for being wrong.
Is anyone not listening to Matty here ? Here is another C-grade football reporter just trying to make a name for himself in a city with far too many so called "reporters".

IF it turns out to be true though, and that's a massive IF, then that will about do for me as far as the AFL goes. I play with a guy who played every game for his team this year, but was dropped for the Grand Final, which we won. What did he do ? He came out an ran water for the side. He gets paid nothing, he turns up to training in good conditions, s**t conditions, you name it. AFL players get their entire life on a plate, yet are still prepeared to walk out on a club. This guy copped it on the chin, and got on with it.

Champions stick it out, through thick and thin. Did Bob Skilton leave for "success" ? Did Robert Flower leave for "success" ? Has Chris Grant left for "success".

Time will tell if Everitt is a true champion. We all now wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

arupist said:
The club was falling apart two to three years ago. These guys (Spider aside) are remnants of that era that led us to 14th in 2005 and 2005. Most of them have to go. Unfortunately you can't get rid of them all at once. All of them are soft and are better off elsewhere, as is Hawthorn. There is a new breed emerging at Hawthorn, a mongrel breed. No place for Johnny, unfortunately. Nor the pussies we let go over the past couple of years. Funny, Spider would fit right in.
I agree. I've been on about softness versus hardness at our club in recent posts. Clarkson is a hard man and it will rub off on our new youngsters. Frankly, I'm not too concerned about sleepy Hay and an undisciplined Spida. Look on the bright side. Just have the feeling there could be a youngish experienced ruckman out there who will see an opportunity at our club and go for it in the trade.

Mappa said:
Is anyone not listening to Matty here ? Here is another C-grade football reporter just trying to make a name for himself in a city with far too many so called "reporters".

IF it turns out to be true though, and that's a massive IF, then that will about do for me as far as the AFL goes. I play with a guy who played every game for his team this year, but was dropped for the Grand Final, which we won. What did he do ? He came out an ran water for the side. He gets paid nothing, he turns up to training in good conditions, s**t conditions, you name it. AFL players get their entire life on a plate, yet are still prepeared to walk out on a club. This guy copped it on the chin, and got on with it.

Champions stick it out, through thick and thin. Did Bob Skilton leave for "success" ? Did Robert Flower leave for "success" ? Has Chris Grant left for "success".

Time will tell if Everitt is a true champion. We all now wait.
Well said, Mappa.

astro_toby said:
thats what happens when you burn so many players

a disgrace hawthorn, no loyalty, no immediate ambition.

You should know pinhead -after all you appear to follow Carlton. Lappin, Camporeale, Whitnall, Fev - not to mention your list turnover of the past 3 years. Get big Jack back to help you cheat the system again - need I say more!

Calcium Man said:
Im looking particular at Franklin, who seems settled and seems to have struck up a close friendship wif lewis. Im not certain but i got the impresion spida took buddy under his wing. Is it a concern???
No! The only person Spida has under his wing is himself. If this news is fact, and there appears to be some doubts, Spida is flapping his wings and is about to fly the coop. If he thought anything of Buddy and the other youngsters he would stay.

If he is chasing a premiership, good on him. But Sydney would be advised to look for a younger prospect, not this band-aid solution.

If you lot handle this right your club will once more be a powerhouse.

You had the balls to take the big blokes last year and with picks 3 & 6 plus whatever you get for Hay and Everitt, plus another early pick next year, in 5 years time, look out.

The best trades you can do is to get rid of 30 yo's for top 10 picks. Sacrifice 2 years service to get 10.

PS. Taking Franklin & Roughead last year was the best move you could make.

Wallace spent years stockpiling midfielders and now they've come good they've got no bloody forwards to kick to.

scooter600x said:
If you lot handle this right your club will once more be a powerhouse.

You had the balls to take the big blokes last year and with picks 3 & 6 plus whatever you get for Hay and Everitt, plus another early pick next year, in 5 years time, look out.

The best trades you can do is to get rid of 30 yo's for top 10 picks. Sacrifice 2 years service to get 10.

PS. Taking Franklin & Roughead last year was the best move you could make.
Exactly!

Gary Shadforth said:
If he is chasing a premiership, good on him. But Sydney would be advised to look for a younger prospect, not this band-aid solution.

Gary , I disagree. Everitt is a perfect fit for a team trying to go back 2 back and seriously compete over the next 2-3 years. I'd love to see Everitt at Hawthorn in 06' but realistically he will be gone before we are seriously challenging for the flag. As much as it hurts, he's more use to the Swans and early draft picks and young up & coming players will suit us better long-term!

McVeigh and Doyle to Essendon for pick 7 to Sydney.
Pick 7 & 19 from Sydney to Hawthorn for Everitt.

:thumbsu:

Everitt walking out ain't all bad. Hay leaving is good also. If you can get 2 1st round picks, a player like O'Keefe and and a 2nd rounder.

Picks 3, 6, 14, 19, 22, 29 & O'Keefe makes for a great team in 3 years with the other work.

Trade for a fringe ruckman to fill the gap for 2 years.

2008 will be a good year for the walks as will the 10 years after it. EWveritt walking out seems good for the Hawks in the LONG run.

Last time i looked only 1 trade had been made...

I won't believe it until Pete Speaks out... I'm betting he doesn't go anywhere!

Remove this Banner Ad

Everitt Walks Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back