Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fed up with this argument, I've talking to Liverpool fans all day and it's driving me insane. And now that Stevie Starfish is out talking some more complete crap, I've come to realize that the fans don't stand a ****ing chance when they've got the most deluded, hypocritical knobhead in football as their captain.

Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.

I'm fed up with this argument, I've talking to Liverpool fans all day and it's driving me insane. And now that Stevie Starfish is out talking some more complete crap, I've come to realize that the fans don't stand a ******* chance when they've got the most deluded, hypocritical knobhead in football as their captain.

Outraged by everything, ashamed of nothing.

So you should sue us for copyright infringement, coz your mob's been some of the most delusion and hypocritical knobheads for 3 decades

Alright I'll end it here, not being mean-spirited, just friendly banter, will stop before I really turn into a troll though

So you should sue us for copyright infringement, coz your mob's been some of the most delusion and hypocritical knobheads for 3 decades

Alright I'll end it here, not being mean-spirited, just friendly banter, will stop before I really turn into a troll though

The only difference between Liverpool and Everton at the moment is that we have come to terms with the fact that we're no longer relevant.

But yeah, I really don't want to be a prick about the whole thing because its not worth it. It was almost easier when we just played our reserved last year at Anfield and got destroyed.

The only difference between Liverpool and Everton at the moment is that we have come to terms with the fact that we're no longer relevant.

Oh we know we aren't relevant, we're just trying to be relevant again instead of adopting a small club mentality

Oh don't pretend the likes of Jagielka, Osman and Coleman didn't have more bookable challenges than the ones they had. They were making a few all game

Suarez put his hands up before he put the foot down, some may construe it as accidental, but of course some are also gonna say it's his cynical "acting like I ain't stamping on him but I really am" thing. If the refs were letting things go all game, then he was being consistent by letting that go

Sterling, likewise. He hardly made a challenge 2nd half

You cannot complain about a couple of incidents of our players then go ignore your own players'. Marriner let things go all game, and fair play to him. Don't think Liverpool fans' complaints were with the ref but the lino, but the blueshite fans seem to be countering the obvious lino mistake by pointing out the ref's allegedly disgraceful performance, when he was just being consistent the whole way through

Thought he missed a lot of fouls for both sides, but that was probably a concerted effort on his part to ensure the game wasn't decided by a controversial send off. There were no tackles in the game that blatantly warranted an early shower (I thought Shelvey's through ball being too long probably saved Jagielka from being sent off for his challenge on Sterling, and as much as it helps people add to their 'Reasons to Hate Suarez' list, it's a little too far fetched to believe he stamped Distin deliberately, if for no other reason than it would be an incredibly stupid foul to make when the referee is 10 meters away with a clear view. Both players were jinking from side to side trying to wrong foot each other, a collision was inevitable but accidental and that's the way the very well positioned referee saw it too). In any case, I don't think you can expect a Merseyside derby to be refereed in the same manner as any other fixture. If it was then by halftime there wouldn't be any players left on the pitch, it's a delicate balancing act for the officials to deal with - ie allow some tough tackling, but not too much.

In any case, I don't think you can expect a Merseyside derby to be refereed in the same manner as any other fixture.

It should be, and I hate this idea that refs should be a bit more lenient in big games.

In a few months time when the likes of Wigan and Southampton start losing players to suspension, they shouldnt have to come against players from Liverpool, United, City, Chelsea etc who escape bookings because the ref didn't want to make a statement early in a big game.

Oh we know we aren't relevant, we're just trying to be relevant again instead of adopting a small club mentality

If we'd stop throwing all our money at your players (literally), then we might be able to start buying our way back to prominence again!

But the referees were not consistent at all, because you can say that they allowed tough tackling and all, but then they booked Osman and Coleman for nothing. And even if for some bizarre reason you don't think it was a straight red for poor old Suarez, then it definitely should have been his second yellow, the first being for his crude tackle that hopefully won't put Mirallas out for too many weeks.

If we'd stop throwing all our money at your players (literally), then we might be able to start buying our way back to prominence again!

But the referees were not consistent at all, because you can say that they allowed tough tackling and all, but then they booked Osman and Coleman for nothing. And even if for some bizarre reason you don't think it was a straight red for poor old Suarez, then it definitely should have been his second yellow, the first being for his crude tackle that hopefully won't put Mirallas out for too many weeks.

Oh Mirallas, wasn't he the one who basically rugby slung Allen out for a throw in? Didn't get booked for it either. You see how this just goes back and forth without progress?

Well actually think you have quite a good squad this season, really should be aiming Europe at least. Should be beating us at home for one

Redshite fans have had big calls go their way in Merseyside derbies for so long yet one decision goes against them and they all cry like a bunch of ten year old girls over it.

Yes it was a legitimate goal, but Suarez should've got a straight red in the second half and/or a yellow in the first half as well. Not to mention Sterling should've got a second yellow. I know it and you redshite fans know it. Not to mention Suarez getting Rodwell sent-off last year which changed that match as well as the Clattenburg derby. All you kopites should take your rectum hurt back to the redshite thread.

Oh Mirallas, wasn't he the one who basically rugby slung Allen out for a throw in? Didn't get booked for it either. You see how this just goes back and forth without progress?

Well actually think you have quite a good squad this season, really should be aiming Europe at least. Should be beating us at home for one

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, not going to change my mind and you guys won't change yours. The difference I've found between myself and the Red fans I've spoke to today is that I have recognized the good fortune we received, whereas they have chosen to overlook or debate theirs.

And there's no way we're winning at Anfield. That just doesn't happen. Maybe we can meet at a neutral ground in say, an FA Cup semi final, and then we'd be sure to win....

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, not going to change my mind and you guys won't change yours. The difference I've found between myself and the Red fans I've spoke to today is that I have recognized the good fortune we received, whereas they have chosen to overlook or debate theirs.

And there's no way we're winning at Anfield. That just doesn't happen. Maybe we can meet at a neutral ground in say, an FA Cup semi final, and then we'd be sure to win....

When are you guys gonna beat us again, seriously? :D

Football fans are one eyed though, proudly, too. Decisions are made on emotions not facts, like most things in life

Anyway, moving on...

Fulham away next. We need to win this and we need to get ourselves back into the top four. We have no CL, EL and LC distractions and I believe we are a genuine chance of making the top four. We just need to have less stupid results against lowly teams.

When are you guys gonna beat us again, seriously? :D

Football fans are one eyed though, proudly, too. Decisions are made on emotions not facts, like most things in life

Who the hell knows. But it's going to be one glorious day when it comes!

Exactly, and that's the way it should be too. As much as I try to be as impartial as possible, one look at Luis Suarez quickly sends me into a fit of murderous rage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, moving on...

Fulham away next. We need to win this and we need to get ourselves back into the top four. We have no CL, EL and LC distractions and I believe we are a genuine chance of making the top four. We just need to have less stupid results against lowly teams.

Thank god for moving on!

Pienaar will be back, Gibson will be very close and Mirallas hopefully will be fit. We should do them.

Thank god for moving on!

Pienaar will be back, Gibson will be very close and Mirallas hopefully will be fit. We should do them.
We have Sunderland (h), Reading (a) and then Norwich (h) after the Fulham away game. We should at the very least get 10 points in the next four games.

But yeah, I really don't want to be a prick about the whole thing because its not worth it. It was almost easier when we just played our reserved last year at Anfield and got destroyed.

So you have no aspirations for your club to win anything in the future at all? That must make you miserable. I honestly don't see the problem with hoping my club will become successful again. There's being realistic and then there's outright pessimism.

As much as you and many others like to think since we haven't won the League in 20+ years it somehow means we've been in the wilderness, it really wasn't long ago that we were consistently one of the best club sides in Europe, making at least the semi finals of the CL for 4 years straight. A bit of perspective, the difference between Liverpool and Everton is that while we've been average for the last 3 seasons (still making 2 cup finals in that time including winning the League Cup), Everton haven't won a thing for 17 years.

I can't for the life of me understand the point of watching football if you're not at least a little bit hopeful that your side has a chance at success, it must make for a very boring season. I'm realistic that we probably won't do much this year, but then I saw how quickly we fell after our incredible 08/09 season, of course I'm hopeful we can attain that again. It may not be for a few years, but it's just wishful thinking for you or anyone else to say with such authority that we're never going to win anything and should accept mediocrity forever and ever.

I can't for the life of me understand the point of watching football if you're not at least a little bit hopeful that your side has a chance at success, it must make for a very boring season. I'm realistic that we probably won't do much this year, but then I saw how quickly we fell after our incredible 08/09 season, of course I'm hopeful we can attain that again. It may not be for a few years, but it's just wishful thinking for you or anyone else to say with such authority that we're never going to win anything and should accept mediocrity forever and ever.

There's a lot of football clubs around and not many of them get the chance to win anything.

My hope for City used to be that we'd one day make a cup final, never felt that made supporting the club any less enjoyable or meaningful.

ADL9798

It's a very interesting discussion you've opened up. Why do we support this club that has no money, a selling culture, a habit of bottling it on the big stage and a tendency to break my heart way more than I deserve.

It's because we don't really have a choice. The old saying of "once Everton touches you, nothing will ever be the same" is so very true, and as wanky as it sounds to people on the outer, it's an intangible that makes us love the club. A certain few players 'get it. Cahill got it, Ferguson sure as hell got it, and early signs are showing that Mirallas gets it. We've had countless talented players come and go simply because they didn't.

Every season, our immediate goal is to qualify for Europe and win a cup. This season, we are a very good chance of achieving these goals. We know that it's going to be a long process before we can reach former glories, but maybe it might take just that one CL qualification to spark a chain reaction that leads to a new stadium and investment.

As a club, with the history we have, we deserve to be in a better position than we are, and all of us dream that we'll get there again. So although you can say we have nothing to play for right here and now, that is simply not true. Because every week we are playing for the future of this great club.

And given the lows we've experienced for decades now, I can guarantee you that the success we achieve will bring me more happiness than any United, City, Chelsea or even Liverpool fan could ever feel.

Who the hell knows. But it's going to be one glorious day when it comes!

Exactly, and that's the way it should be too. As much as I try to be as impartial as possible, one look at Luis Suarez quickly sends me into a fit of murderous rage.

I love Suarez, I admit he's an idiot most times, but if we as his club don't support him then who the hell's gonna?

After that fit of mockers, you guys are totally gonna fluke some win at Anfield this season, every team's doing it, why can't you?

[quote="Toshowyouwhy, post: 26259834,]And given the lows we've experienced for decades now, I can guarantee you that the success we achieve will bring me more happiness than any United, City, Chelsea or even Liverpool fan could ever feel.[/quote]

Good post overall but you can start talking to me about lows when you're mid table in the third division watching your nearest neighbour win everything in sight.

You've at least stayed in the top flight, and have Liverpool to laugh at.

[quote="Toshowyouwhy, post: 26259834,]And given the lows we've experienced for decades now, I can guarantee you that the success we achieve will bring me more happiness than any United, City, Chelsea or even Liverpool fan could ever feel.

Good post overall but you can start talking to me about lows when your mid table in the third division watching your nearest neighbour win everything in sight.

You've at least stayed in the top flight, and have Liverpool to laugh at.[/quote]

Fair point, grouping City in is a little harsh given that their dominant period is just beginning, and it's fair to say that most of their supporters were there in the tough times too.

ADL9798

It's a very interesting discussion you've opened up. Why do we support this club that has no money, a selling culture, a habit of bottling it on the big stage and a tendency to break my heart way more than I deserve.

It's because we don't really have a choice. The old saying of "once Everton touches you, nothing will ever be the same" is so very true, and as wanky as it sounds to people on the outer, it's an intangible that makes us love the club. A certain few players 'get it. Cahill got it, Ferguson sure as hell got it, and early signs are showing that Mirallas gets it. We've had countless talented players come and go simply because they didn't.

Every season, our immediate goal is to qualify for Europe and win a cup. This season, we are a very good chance of achieving these goals. We know that it's going to be a long process before we can reach former glories, but maybe it might take just that one CL qualification to spark a chain reaction that leads to a new stadium and investment.

As a club, with the history we have, we deserve to be in a better position than we are, and all of us dream that we'll get there again. So although you can say we have nothing to play for right here and now, that is simply not true. Because every week we are playing for the future of this great club.

And given the lows we've experienced for decades now, I can guarantee you that the success we achieve will bring me more happiness than any United, City, Chelsea or even Liverpool fan could ever feel.

Great post.

Its not untrue what he says in the article, but he is ****ing stupid. We were missing Peanuts, Gibson and lost Mirallas, some of our best ball movers. So we played to our strengths, which is having a couple of skilled big guys on the pitch. Which made us a little one dimensional but what other options do you have, when Suarez foot stomps players out of the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back