Everybody relax!

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to press the button yet folks. ;)

panic_button.jpg

Agreed. Seriously, Ive seen us play worse footy and win. No one would have beaten Geelong yesterday. As funny as this may sound, yesterday showed signs of promise. Knights backed our gameplan to win. Even when it was obvious we wernt going to win, he stuck to the gameplan to give the players some valuable time adjusting to that game plan. The gameplan suits our list. Imagine when Gumby and Lucas come back into the team. McPhee is currently playing a lone role as the "hit up" half forward. Once we get Lucas and Gumby in, we will effectively have atleast 2 "hit up" half forwards, and 2 players, if not three if we include the resting ruckman, who we can kick long to in the forward line with confidence. The problem for the moment is filling the hole that Gumby and Lucas leave. IMO, one of the ruckman needs to relly step up and provide a goodtarget up forward.

mcveigh was on 'on the couch' earlier and said that despite the pumping they got Knights still encouraged them to play attacking footy, rather than stacking the backline. I feel that playing attacking footy and keeping a positive mindset is the best way to go with these guys. it's not delusional, but if we have a game plan stick to it.

Also even if Hird was playing, we still would've got smashed, i've never seen a side like that Geelong side, they hunt in packs and always a player available if needed, unbeliveable.

Actually think its been pretty calm on here. We know we've got work to do and no one honestly was expecting to win.

Ive seen alot worse on here, last time we were beaten by this much it was against Adelaide by 130 points and it was demoralising on here, there wasnt much light or direction at the end of the tunnel at the time.

Geelong are awesome.

I only got a chance to watch the first half, and what I saw was good.

Our forward line wasn't delivering, however, during that second quarter, I felt we had it on them over the ground, only to fall down up forward...

As has been pointed out, Lucas and Gumby returning is only going to strenthen our team.

And considering we got beaten by less than the Grand final last year, I think signs aren't that bad... :)

(Now, here's to hoping we peak after this cat team finishes theirs... :p )

This was was no way near our worst effort of the last 5 years. The most pleasing aspect was that, even late in the last quarter, we were still chasing hard, tackling hard, making space, trying to follow the game plan.

In previous years that would have gone out the window way before that. Case in point; Adelaide 2006. The majority ofthe team closed up shop before half time. It was a painful experience to watch. At least this week there were positives that could be taken from the game

The endevour of the team, especially the younsters could not be questioned. It was a pity that the scoreboard blew out as badly as it did. If we can improve our skills, especially when we are under pressure we can continue to go forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen the side play some really bad football over the last 3 years, but I walked out after the Geelong game knowing that was nowhere near the worst. There would have been at least a dozen less promising performances, some of them even resulting in wins, over this time.

I say things are still looking good. Biggest negative so far this year is not losing by 99 pts, but rather injuries to Lucas, Gumby, Dempsey.

Carltons main weakness is their Backline, oh wait Midfield, no I mean their forward line.....

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't have any problems at all going into this weeks game (Unless Judd has a "Judd" moment), as long as we have someone to assist Lloyd in our Forward line or better yet be another big target, then we should win comfortably without injury's. It showed up last week how Lloyd was our main target up foward (Our only target) and he just got cut off from getting anything from the receiving end and thats why we only kicked 6 goals for the game (and Lloyd kicked none). Lets hope Knighta does us a favour and brings in one of our Developed Forwards (I hate to say it but I mean CJ) and hopefully he can give some relief to Lloyd and our forward line this weekend.

Desperate times means Desperate Measures.

Carltons main weakness is their Backline, oh wait Midfield, no I mean their forward line.....

What I'm saying is that we shouldn't have any problems at all going into this weeks game (Unless Judd has a "Judd" moment), as long as we have someone to assist Lloyd in our Forward line or better yet be another big target, then we should win comfortably without injury's. It showed up last week how Lloyd was our main target up foward (Our only target) and he just got cut off from getting anything from the receiving end and thats why we only kicked 6 goals for the game (and Lloyd kicked none). Lets hope Knighta does us a favour and brings in one of our Developed Forwards (I hate to say it but I mean CJ) and hopefully he can give some relief to Lloyd and our forward line this weekend.

Desperate times means Desperate Measures.

your backline must not be that great atm either to lose by 100 points, or the midfield too in letting so much ball into your F50.

I will give it to you that our backline isnt fantastic but they played great last week on three tall, and you have one old full forward.

I think it will be a lot closer than you give it credit for, this game will be won and loss in the mids and both teams at either end aren't quite elite

your backline must not be that great atm either to lose by 100 points, or the midfield too in letting so much ball into your F50.

I will give it to you that our backline isnt fantastic but they played great last week on three tall, and you have one old full forward.

I think it will be a lot closer than you give it credit for, this game will be won and loss in the mids and both teams at either end aren't quite elite

I gotta admit, just by looking at your midfield (Judd, Murphy, Carrazzo, Gibbs and Cloke in the Ruck) you look unstopable on paper, but obviously right now I'm guessing you'd be in a rebuilding stage or development stage where your trying to find a gameplan that works with your team and Mould them into that type of playing style and your hopeing that you'll have a team that can play a style of footy that isn't just guys running around like in Under 12's football on a sunday morning.

I was at the game last Sunday by the way and I saw us get slaughtered everytime we'd make a mistake, and with every mistake we made it would always end up with an unstopable Counter Attake by Geelong where you would see huge rows of geelongs players working the ball up into their Forward line and they'd either kick the ball from the 50 towards the goals or wait till one of their Forwards is clearly open to receive the ball and they'd line up and kick it themselves (I don't think they even kicked more than 6 goals doing it this way).

Our huge hickup for sundays game was leaving only Lloyd in our side who obviously can't handle 3 defenders all wanting to stop him and obviously we had NLM and Mcphee but they are Sh1thouse up forward, they can deliver the ball to the target very well but they are just a waste of space up there, the equivalent of it was like putting Fev at fullback on the G Train. The geelong defenders couldn't believe their luck when we only selected Lloyd as our main forward, they would have already started celebrating when they heard that news.

I give our backline some credit for this as they (in particular Ryder) had a fantastic game (Ryder kept Mooney to only 2 goals). If anything the only way I can sum all this up is that Geelong is just too F***ing good, they have a style of footy that has no immunity to it, its almost unstoppable now.

Didnt StKildas old full forward kick 4 against you on the weekend ;)

Scotland wont be accountable. He doesn't know how. He couldn't care less how many touches his direct opponent gets as long as his own stats are high. Very selfish player.

He is a defender... he will go to a direct opponent such as Lonergan, a forward shouldn't go to him.

He is a defender... he will go to a direct opponent such as Lonergan, a forward shouldn't go to him.
Scotland will NEVER go to a player. It would be like Judd trying to find Brady Rawlings. Scotland plays the most selfish game of anyone in the league. He sits around packs hoping the ball will spill out to get a posession. He will skirt around the back of players like O'hAilpin and Jameson after they take the contested mark so he gets easy posessions. If no one goes to him, he will not seek out that player, even if that player is alone in our goalsquare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Everybody relax!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back