Ex-AFL players heading to local leagues

Remove this Banner Ad

In the efl there is about 40 ex afl players playing afl and baylwan have about 7.You guys underrate the efl so much they are the best leauge bar the vfl but would give them a run

I don't under-rate the EFL, I'd argue that you'd be right, and there's a thread that shows that not too many disagree with you : rate the leagues thread

I think you will find Balwyn has cornered the Market on ex AFL players.

Bowden
Walsh
Joel Smith
Nicholas Smith

are new add in they have 10 others on their list. Harford is coach.

Dunno if anyone remembers Dom Fotia from Carlton he played down here for Cougars for the last few years though. And Bernie Vince, Scott McMahon, and Hayden Skipworth all played down here before they played AFL.

Brett and Roger James have been up at Kersbrook for a couple years now, Troy Bond is at Callington and I have a feeling Brodie Atkinson may play the odd game for Echunga like he did last year...... All in my local Adelaide Hills League.

Interested to know of any players with AFL experience heading up the country or to suburban clubs this year.
In 2006 there seemed to be quite a few turning to local leagues to continue their playing career, but I just haven't heard of as many this time round.
Any fellow Big Footy posters know of many?
Cheers,
Ahbroke

mal michael to darnum fc in the ellinbank fl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex-AFL players heading to local leagues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back