Ex-AFL players in 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by tige19
The EDFL is nothing more than a drug funded league, thats all there clubs get there money, the only reason {please don't associate actual clubs/people with illicit activities if its not set agreed fact from all circles} have coin is because they run a sucessfull drug ring.
The EDFL is preety poor football at best these days anyway and the ex AFL and VFL blokes running around in the comp are usually over the hill anyway.

you right about the drug money in some EDFL Clubs. Anyone that follows EDFL Football would know about this

Winston Abraham is going to play for Harvey Brunswick in the SWFL in W.A

Originally posted by McAlmanac
I'm told the likes of East Burwood and Noble Park have access to pokie money. Is that the case?
Noble Park, Vermont & East Ringwood all run clubs with pokies in them, East Burwood have supporters with deep pockets as Bomber70 has already said.

The EDFL is nothing more than a drug funded league, thats all there clubs get there money, the only reason {please don't associate actual clubs/people with illicit activities if its not set agreed fact from all circles} have coin is because they run a sucessfull drug ring.
The EDFL is preety poor football at best these days anyway and the ex AFL and VFL blokes running around in the comp are usually over the hill anyway.

What a ridiculous statement. Then again it wouldn't be the first one you've made. Absoulute moron.

Back to the topic. Dale Lewis from the Swans is apprantley going to have a run at Moonee Valley. Also Ocean Grove looks to have missed Molloy. He now looks a monty to sign for one of the Eastern District clubs because of his media.

Takes real class and guts to say those things from a keyboard. The fact you insult all the volunteers that spend countless hours working around our club, and others, simply just embarrases yourself. I wouldn't expect some pimply skinny kid to know how hard raising funds can be. As someone else said your a moron.

On the playing side of things keep deluding yourself champ. Three years at an ordinary VFL club playing two's footy and you you think your an expert. Give it up. Most people get the message early. I love it how you bag the standard of guys who played at a level superior to you. The sad reality is when coburg give you the arse to bring in those 'young talented kids' into their two's it will be off to one of the local clubs for you. Back to good old Sunbury. I would have thought coming from there you'd have heard of that glass houses and stones story. :eek:

black and white

WHAT !!
Heath Black is at St Kilda.
Are you saying he WILL NOT play with the Saints in 2004 and relinquish a contract for Noble Park?

Originally posted by Macca19
Port have picked up this year:

Chad Davis (St Kilda then North Adelaide)
Daniel Elstone (Hawthorn)
Nick Raines (Brisbane)

Thats on top of players that were there last year (and i assume will play this year as i ahvent heard otherwise):

Che C**katoo Collins (Essendon/Power)
Tony Brown (St Kilda)
Justin Plapp (Richmond/St Kilda)
Paul Evans (Power)
Nigel Fiegert (Power)
Ricky O Loughlin (Crows/Sydney)
Brayden Lyle (West Coast/Power)
Fabian Francis (Brisbane/Power)
Ross Funcke (Richmond/Melbourne)

Current AFL players assigned to Port Magpies that will most likely play in the SANFL at some stage this year:
Ronnie Burns
Cain Ackland
Jared Poulton
Brett Ebert
Adam Kingsley
Michael Wilson
Scott Stevens

I think thats it.

I heard that Wombat is now playing at West Adelaide. By that I mean Nigel Fiegert. I could be wrong but thats what I heard.

Originally posted by crazy_big_al
I heard that Wombat is now playing at West Adelaide. By that I mean Nigel Fiegert. I could be wrong but thats what I heard.

Nah wombat hasnt gone anywhere. Apparently all the senior players salaries got cut and he was unhappy at how much his got reduced, his brother is friends with Rehn and said you should go there, Port made a new offer and he stayed.

Thats what i heard.

Originally posted by caveman
Hey Pantless,

I played for North Coburg Under 18s, 11 years ago and I also played a couple of reserves games. I follow West Coburg because I played my younger junior footy there.

I think West Coburg will go well and it was great to see Mark House back at the club and if he plays he will win the EDFLs equivalent of the brownlow.

I know North oburg are working hard on getting better and I would love to see them win a few games.

I play for North Coburg. I am obviously biased but I think we will improve. We have no money so have been trying to get past players back to the club, appealing to their loyalty rather then their bank balance. We have already got back 2 past best and fairest winners, a former junior who had a stint with Coburg and played with Greenvale last season and our full forward who last year played for Avondale Heights. We also got close to 50 guys at training one night before christmas. However we will still struggle, but hopefully we can win 3 or 4 games against sides like Jacana and Hadfield and stop losig games by ridiculous margins

Originally posted by The_Guru
Takes real class and guts to say those things from a keyboard. The fact you insult all the volunteers that spend countless hours working around our club, and others, simply just embarrases yourself. I wouldn't expect some pimply skinny kid to know how hard raising funds can be. As someone else said your a moron.

On the playing side of things keep deluding yourself champ. Three years at an ordinary VFL club playing two's footy and you you think your an expert. Give it up. Most people get the message early. I love it how you bag the standard of guys who played at a level superior to you. The sad reality is when coburg give you the arse to bring in those 'young talented kids' into their two's it will be off to one of the local clubs for you. Back to good old Sunbury. I would have thought coming from there you'd have heard of that glass houses and stones story. :eek:

I think you might have got my self mixed up with someone else mate. I am repeating some things that i have heard from people, players and whoever are close to some of the EDFL football sides.
If you can honestly sit here and say alot of these EDFL sides dont make money from drugs you are living on a deluded planet.

Tell me this mate how the hell does {please don't associate actual clubs/people with illicit activities if its not set agreed fact from all circles} rack up money. {deleted due to material associative with club}
Mate i know of friend who have been approched from many EDFL clubs, drugs and alcohol have been promised along with money for there services now tell me how i am talking crap.
You are just very blinded to the facts of todays local comp, its not just EDFL clubs either its a problem that is far broader than what you mate percieve.
Open your eyes mate football is not what it used to be, it might be sad bit it is defantly the reality.
Oh and whoever this guy who you think i am who has played 3 seasons at Coburg 2s and is from Sunbury i think you might have embarasingly wrong.
Sorry mate

cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my old club Sunbury Lions
:confused: Whatever champ. Not only are you a moron but your also a hopeless liar. Zero credibility

It's not worth repling to you ****. Facts are you have no idea who sponsors the club, you have no idea what club functions and the bar turns over and you have no idea about our supporters or how well off they are. :confused: Bottom line you have no idea.
Mate i know of friend who have been approched from many EDFL clubs, drugs and alcohol have been promised
I can just see old JL offering a potential recruit a slab of vic and a weeks worth of smack. :D Youve mad my day.

Guru,

I think u r wrong on this. I have read most of tige19 quotes over the past 6 months and nearly all his posts are close to the mark.

I think ur a git guru

I too have read Tige19's post over the past months and have found most to be interesting but the drugs comment about {please don't associate actual clubs/people with illicit activities if its not set agreed fact from all circles} is well beyond the pale. The implication is that the {deleted due to material associative with club}

Originally posted by bomber70
East Burwood do not have pokies, but have extremely wealthy supporters who are ruining local football

You are quite right about the money ruining local footy. The EFL is considered one of, if not the strongest comp in metro melbourne, yet in First Division, there are only4, perhaps 5 competitive teams. They might as well play the finals now bteween Noble Park, East Burwood, Vermont and one of either East Ringwood or Mitcham.

I don't follow the other leagues that closely, but I'd imagine that the situation isn't too much different

Makes for pretty boring footy when you know your'e going to win/lose by 20 or 30 goals before the ball is bounced.

By the way, other than those already mentioned, anyone heard any other EFL comings and goings?

Originally posted by Pedro
You are quite right about the money ruining local footy. The EFL is considered one of, if not the strongest comp in metro melbourne, yet in First Division, there are only4, perhaps 5 competitive teams. They might as well play the finals now bteween Noble Park, East Burwood, Vermont and one of either East Ringwood or Mitcham.

I don't follow the other leagues that closely, but I'd imagine that the situation isn't too much different

Makes for pretty boring footy when you know your'e going to win/lose by 20 or 30 goals before the ball is bounced.

By the way, other than those already mentioned, anyone heard any other EFL comings and goings?

Amateur football, to a point, has been like that for years, because of what we know as the old school tie. How else could Old Xaverians win 6 straight A Grade premierships? (and something like 8 out of the last 9?)

Players want to go there and if you have looked at the Xavs line-up at any stage over the last decade, the talent pool leaves everyone else for dead.

Compare this to say Old Essendon in B Grade. This team hasn't much support, except from the school, yet has climbed the grades at a rapid rate, by having coaching knowledge from higher levels.

EDFL News

originally posted by Bulldog
I play for North Coburg. I am obviously biased but I think we will improve. We have no money so have been trying to get past players back to the club, appealing to their loyalty rather then their bank balance. We have already got back 2 past best and fairest winners, a former junior who had a stint with Coburg and played with Greenvale last season and our full forward who last year played for Avondale Heights. We also got close to 50 guys at training one night before christmas. However we will still struggle, but hopefully we can win 3 or 4 games against sides like Jacana and Hadfield and stop losig games by ridiculous margins

I know about Moughanie from Avondale Heights and is it Nunziato from Greenvale. Who are the other 2 best and fairests? If you 3 or 4 games Bulldog that is a foundation to build on for the future. Good luck guys and I will try and get down for a game or 2 although it is a bit of a trip from Bendigo. :)

ANyone else got anymore EDFL news?

Originally posted by pazza
Amateur football, to a point, has been like that for years, because of what we know as the old school tie. How else could Old Xaverians win 6 straight A Grade premierships? (and something like 8 out of the last 9?)

Players want to go there and if you have looked at the Xavs line-up at any stage over the last decade, the talent pool leaves everyone else for dead.

Compare this to say Old Essendon in B Grade. This team hasn't much support, except from the school, yet has climbed the grades at a rapid rate, by having coaching knowledge from higher levels.

Players want to go to the Vermonts and East Burwoods as well. No doubt. Just not for the old school tie. Makes it hard to hang on to the half decent youngsters. Which is a shame, because these kids are abandoning the clubs they grew up playing for with their mates, for the sake of a few dollars.

Perhaps I just see it this way because I was never good enough to be in that position playing footy. I was offered money to go and play cricket at another rival local club, but to me that concept was laughable. We hated them and they hated us. What's a few going to do to change that?

Re: EDFL News

Originally posted by caveman
originally posted by Bulldog

I know about Moughanie from Avondale Heights and is it Nunziato from Greenvale. Who are the other 2 best and fairests? If you 3 or 4 games Bulldog that is a foundation to build on for the future. Good luck guys and I will try and get down for a game or 2 although it is a bit of a trip from Bendigo. :)

ANyone else got anymore EDFL news?

Millsy is one. He' s been appointed assistant coach

Re: Re: EDFL News

Originally posted by Pantsless
Millsy is one. He' s been appointed assistant coach

There is a good chance that Millsy will be taking over as coach of North Coburg mid season has North Coburg have i think sacked there coach just about every year for the last few years.

Originally posted by 8485
I too have read Tige19's post over the past months and have found most to be interesting but the drugs comment about {please don't associate actual clubs/people with illicit activities if its not set agreed fact from all circles} is well beyond the pale. The implication is that the {deleted due to material associative with club}

Mobbs, I strongly object to the censoring of my post. What is wrong with defending a club I have been associated with for nearly 20 years. Tige19's post was up for a few days so everyone knows we are talking about _____!! What is wrong about defending the people who have been there for years - junior coaches, senior coaches, volunteers, committee, sponsors, parents and of course players in all teams. Am extremely dissappointed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ex-AFL players in 2004

Remove this Banner Ad

Back