Exciting new era

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I would like to congratulate the admin on doing the right thing and not giving into going on a spending spree to keep him. You tried your best with the AFL holding your arm behind your back over this damn business plan.

Its not Pagan's fault.

Its not the adminstration.

Its this damn AFL who I have no doubt are putting the squeeze on us and the Bulldogs with a plan to merge us within the decade.

Andrew Demetriou should be ashamed to have pulled on our jumper...but then again he did nothing.

What do others think? Is it the AFL that caused all this by telling us to tighten the footy dept.

Besides this it is an exciting new era. Great juniors coming on...some drafts courtesy of the Carey deal...and a new coach who will have new ideas instead of the focus of long bombs to a non existent CHF.

GO ROOS!!!!!

Gaso:p ;) :)

Originally posted by hamstringinjury
Definitely looking forward to next year. Now to get sponsors, we would probably need Blighty if he is available.

When do we play Carlton?? Round 6 would be good. Give time for the new gameplan to have been refined and then we get to beat them in the last round ... maybe at manuka!!! :D

Originally posted by Gasometer
What do others think? Is it the AFL that caused all this by telling us to tighten the footy dept.

GREED that's all it is.

All year he has been telling us that he wanted to stay with us, then he played us through the media and made our Admin look like idiots. Then the quote 'it will be a business decision, ruled by the head not the heart' .

You don't have to be Einstein to know about our financial plights, yet he continued to ram it down our throats - that he always wanted to coach us.

All year we have heard about the 'Shinboner Spirit' what message does this send to our future stars ???

Whilst the club is bigger than the individual - this is bigger than the Carey resignation, as I'm really afraid now that it is possible that he has just hammered the first nail in our coffin.

Really, when you think about it, he couldn't have gone to a better club - they both should be well suited - once they tell the contracted coach that he is no longer required.

The next time I hear about a Carlton fan complaining about the Aaron Hamill defection to the Saints for $$$ - I will scream..

Needless to say, after the events of today, I have lost a lot of respect for the man.

Re: Re: Exciting new era

Originally posted by Aussie_Roo

The next time I hear about a Carlton fan complaining about the Aaron Hamill defection to the Saints for $$$ - I will scream..

I am sortin that out at the moment.. I have been on a blues messageboard and called em hypocrites.. they are of course denying it..

Go Roos

Originally posted by Gasometer
I would like to congratulate the admin on doing the right thing and not giving into going on a spending spree to keep him. You tried your best with the AFL holding your arm behind your back over this damn business plan.

Its not Pagan's fault.

Its not the adminstration.

Its this damn AFL who I have no doubt are putting the squeeze on us and the Bulldogs with a plan to merge us within the decade.

Andrew Demetriou should be ashamed to have pulled on our jumper...but then again he did nothing.

Besides this it is an exciting new era. Great juniors coming on...some drafts courtesy of the Carey deal...and a new coach who will have new ideas instead of the focus of long bombs to a non existent CHF.

GO ROOS!!!!!

Well, you AFL arseholes, you've got your wish, our already league-lowest coaching expenses are now slashed, as you've demanded. Now, where's our share of the Waverly money???? :mad: :mad:

Could someone tell me whether we have been given (our rightful) handout from the sale of Waverley yet? Last night Clinton Grybus ?? spelling?? said to a North fan that the AFL have helped North Melbourne by given us the proceeds of Waverley. I was under the impression that we are still waiting. Val

Remove this Banner Ad

Exciting new era

Remove this Banner Ad

Back