Event Exhibition Match: Poland Devils versus Roys FFC & Friends (& enemies (& randoms))

Remove this Banner Ad

Best post of the thread has to be Barrybran 's reference to Nowak being not covid ready for travel to the match :D
If I miss any time off work this week I'm coming after you buddy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry flogs was otherwise engaged tonight. But get around your new recruit :cool:

zackah 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 5
Ha, all I see there is improvement since you joined us.

Here at the post-game coach presser, I'd like to say this.

Today's friendly was a great example of what our boys can do when they dig deep. We got off to a good start and had plenty of the ball, but just couldn't kick it between the big sticks. Story of our life, really.

The first quarter was our chance to establish dominance early but our kicking prevented that. I think the Roys woke up to that in the second quarter, that's when they really hurt us on the scoreboard. We just weren't there for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We could see that the Roys were much more physical than us and that's how they were getting the one up on us. In the past, we've been overly physical and it's been our demise. We knew we had to start to match them but we couldn't go overboard. That was our challenge in the 2nd quarter. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to sink in after halftime.

I think Krol and Lysy both played out of their skins today and we saw that in the last quarter. They both showed good leadership and lead by example which I feel is what got us firing in that last term. Kowalik had a quiet day which is a bit unfortunate with the amount he's put in at training.

We'll take a lot out of this win, it's a great boost to our guys and a perfect way to show that it's not over until it's over.

Today's friendly was a great example of what our boys can do when they dig deep. We got off to a good start and had plenty of the ball, but just couldn't kick it between the big sticks. Story of our life, really.

The first quarter was our chance to establish dominance early but our kicking prevented that. I think the Roys woke up to that in the second quarter, that's when they really hurt us on the scoreboard. We just weren't there for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. We could see that the Roys were much more physical than us and that's how they were getting the one up on us. In the past, we've been overly physical and it's been our demise. We knew we had to start to match them but we couldn't go overboard. That was our challenge in the 2nd quarter. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to sink in after halftime.

I think Krol and Lysy both played out of their skins today and we saw that in the last quarter. They both showed good leadership and lead by example which I feel is what got us firing in that last term. Kowalik had a quiet day which is a bit unfortunate with the amount he's put in at training.

We'll take a lot out of this win, it's a great boost to our guys and a perfect way to show that it's not over until it's over.

Now there's a speech! Well done.

Just emerging from a pretty heinous hangover. Great news on our gutsy win.

We identified cardio as our main issue and have worked on that during the off season. It's already paying dividends. Although the boys will be hitting the pierogis pretty hard during the xmas season, so they'll need to work all that off again when we resume training early next year. Goalkicking remains a headache, but we compiled enough scoring shots today to snowball the opposition

As coach of the Polish team, I unreservedly apologise for not showing up to the game today. To make it up to the team, I have a leftover bag from last night which I'll pass around in the changerooms after the team song

Just emerging from a pretty heinous hangover. Great news on our gutsy win.

We identified cardio as our main issue and have worked on that during the off season. It's already paying dividends. Although the boys will be hitting the pierogis pretty hard during the xmas season, so they'll need to work all that off again when we resume training early next year. Goalkicking remains a headache, but we compiled enough scoring shots today to snowball the opposition

As coach of the Polish team, I unreservedly apologise for not showing up to the game today. To make it up to the team, I have a leftover bag from last night which I'll pass around in the changerooms after the team song
We're gonna want a sample of that team song!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back