Preview Expectations against GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 7 more sleeps to go lads and ladettes until I don the black and white scarf and bullet proof vest and head on down to the badlands of Blacktown.

Can't wait!

Seeing the 'Pies live will be a treat, but I'm almost as excited to see the GWS turn up to play. Got to love anything that raises the profile of God's game in this city of heathens. May the GWS succeed and do well - as long as it's not at our expense of course.

What are the expectations for our half game against the GWS? Do we send in our 'A team' for a nice cushy introduction the battlefield under the command of General Buckley? And dishing out a football lesson to Sheedy's lads?

Or do we pit our high range draft picks against their low range draft picks? Will General Buckley select a team that gives the GWS a sporting chance and more even game?

What would you do?

B - Rounds - Goldsack - Clarke
HB - Young - Keeffe - Seedsman
C - Fasolo - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
HF - Sinclair - Cloke - Wellingham
F - Ugle - Dawes - Macaffer
RUCKS - Ceglar - Beams - Blair
INT - J.Thomas - D.Thomas - Toovey
Wood - Stubbs - Farmer

I expect us to comfortably win but it depends on the starting teams and how much effort each side puts it. I get the feeling GWS will try hard but won't have the players to have an impact. I more hope that we get something out of the game and it's not a training drill.

Oh as for the team that gets sent over, I think it should be based on a training schedual and work load of individual players. Take the sports management approach.

Wood - Stubbs - Farmer

I don't think that's too far off the mark!

Two small things though. I don't know if Wood will be available due to off season surgery and in the first week of the NAB cup this year the interchange is 2 bench players and 2 subs...

Considering week 1 is split over two weeks, I think we will take all the players that are fit and available to play simply because there is a week off after that to re-condition themselves.

So I expect to see guys like Jolly and Tarrant who some have left out to take part and have a run around, particularly if they have no fitness concerns.

Wood - Stubbs - Farmer
Gee, that's a well balanced team

I like it

Wood - Stubbs - Farmer

Nobody from last year's draft? No Cribbin, no Shae?

If the club is looking to give every fit lad a run in the NAB cup (which in the past they've tried to do, although that was under a different senior coach) then I would've thought they'd load them up in round 1 when they're playing GWS.

200 + point win, other than that its unnaceptable

we only play them for a half, and It's a short half at that. 200 may be a stretch. Doesn't matter how much, but we will be far too strong for the Giants.

I think Ugle has a real chance to grab a spot in the forward line. Didak injured for a month or so, and Kraks on leave, he is the next crafty forward in line.

Wood - Stubbs - Farmer

Don't think Paine or Witts will get a game against a raw team like GWS?

When will side be Announced?

Usual Time?

I'd suggest so, I think there's 4 groups of games this weekend, so I'd say all squads will be announced on Thursday about the normal time.

But I'd say you won't have to finalise you side for each match before just a little before the matches start, it's a little more informal.

No Marty Clarke this weekend, he pulled up sore at training, nothing major, but he'll miss this week apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im guessing tim watson will tell us at 6.15pm thursday?
Oh yeah, forgot about that shit change.

It will be especially bad for the first Thursday Night game for DT and SC coaches, they'll have just over an hour on a packed server(s) to change their teams.

I'm hoping the clubs leak out the teams earlier on social media sites.;)

Oh yeah, forgot about that shit change.

It will be especially bad for the first Thursday Night game for DT and SC coaches, they'll have just over an hour on a packed server(s) to change their teams.

I'm hoping the clubs leak out the teams earlier on social media sites.;)
They always announce teams the day before so Thursday games get announced on Wednesday etc.

Confirmed non-starters for the first week of NAB Cup...

Maxwell (Maxwell on SEN said he and Pendles aren't playing, Luke Ball will be captain)
Pendlebury
O'Brien
Didak
Krakouer
Johnson
Clarke
Elliot

Be Interesting to see Ball Captain

Confirmed non-starters for the first week of NAB Cup...

Maxwell (Maxwell on SEN said he and Pendles aren't playing, Luke Ball will be captain)
Pendlebury
O'Brien
Didak
Krakouer
Johnson
Clarke
Elliot

Add Reid and Nathan Brown to that list, they won't make their seasons debut until at least next week from all reports.

By my count that makes 10 changes from our best 22 from last year (8 2012 listed players + Davis and Leeroy).

GWS might have a chance.:cool:

The squad will be announced tommorow.

Any reason why maxwell isnt playing? Pendlebury is obviouslly too valuable to go to blacktown :D

Shame clarke isnt playing, he needs the game time

Add Reid and Nathan Brown to that list, they won't make their seasons debut until at least next week from all reports.

By my count that makes 10 changes from our best 22 from last year (8 2012 listed players + Davis and Leeroy).

GWS might have a chance.:cool:

Still think we can handle GWS but not sure about the Doggies.

Intresting Pendles not going up, Get Ready for the Media to jump on it

The doggies are gonna be terrible in 2012, we'll deal with them easily. There still missing morris lake, they will wrap cooney in cotten wool.

So their defence is going to get slaughtered by Dawes/Cloke without morris and lake, and their forward line will be a shamble without hall. Liam Jones to tear us apart?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back