B - Rounds - Goldsack - Clarke
HB - Young - Keeffe - Seedsman
C - Fasolo - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
HF - Sinclair - Cloke - Wellingham
F - Ugle - Dawes - Macaffer
RUCKS - Ceglar - Beams - Blair
INT - J.Thomas - D.Thomas - Toovey
Wood - Stubbs - Farmer

I reckon Witts instead of Ceglar. And where's Yagmoor? Otherwise I'm inclined to agree with the team selection.

Not sure if they can choose a larger squad and mix/match between the 3 games?

Word on the street is, hartley is playing
I like this "street" you talk about.:cool::D

As I said in the elevated rookie thread, he is the most likely to be elevated at some time this year, basically because he is a key position defender, and if 2 of Brown, Reid and Taz were to go down, he would be next off the block (ahead of Keefe already IMO).

So I hope your street cred is good.

I like this "street" you talk about.:cool::D

As I said in the elevated rookie thread, he is the most likely to be elevated at some time this year, basically because he is a key position defender, and if 2 of Brown, Reid and Taz were to go down, he would be next off the block (ahead of Keefe already IMO).

So I hope your street cred is good.

Just confirmed, Harts is deff playing at his home ground. Perhaps they'll put him on izzy? lol

I'll be happy as long as we win. I think it will be more our young players vs GWS young players so if we come out with a win, then it's good signs.

Still wellingham sidebottom thomas ball plus cloke and dawes down the spine, that alone will overpower the young GWS.
Swanny's playing isn't he?

He could beat GWS on his own.:D

GWS will come out all guns blazing but will be like deers in the headlights.
We will marvel at the few things the new players produce,but will be put to the sword by our bigger and more experienced players.
Cloke to have a field day.
Comfortable win to the Pies.
56 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like a 30 point relaxed win against GWS and a 5 point loss to the Dogs so that we can get our preseason started, without any of the distractions of trying to win, but more the effort to get our team right.

Would love more of a 2010 feel than a 2011. Last year we just seemed to try and win everything and ran out of gas, whereas 2010 we started slowly, even lost a few matches in the big time against the Saints and Cats, before building slowly but surely so that in the finals, we were the team with momentum and a strong game strategy, and other teams were scrambling to keep up.

So yeah, no injuries, one win from two, and a good look at some of our younger players in senior roles is all I ask.

Sides should be out soon
Squad is up;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/129049/default.aspx

Collingwood NAB Cup Squad - Round One, 2012

1. Alex Fasolo
6. Tyson Goldsack
12. Luke Ball (captain)
13. Dale Thomas
15. Jarrod Witts
18. Darren Jolly
22. Steele Sidebottom
23. Lachlan Keeffe
25. Tom Young
27. Simon Buckley
28. Ben Sinclair
29. Jonathon Ceglar
30. Brent Macaffer
31. Chris Dawes
33. Jackson Paine
34. Alan Toovey
36. Dane Swan
38. Peter Yagmoor
39. Heath Shaw
40. Paul Seedsman
45. Lachlan Smith (r)
46. Marley Williams (r)
47. Michael Hartley (r)
48. Caolan Mooney (r)
50. Shae McNamara (r)

That's so good. The only thing I like about the NAB is seeing the young kids play. So 3 players will miss out - who will it be? My guess is Smith, Williams and McNamara or Mooney.

Who will be 2nd ruck? Witts or Ceglar, or a bit of both?

There short games, so i think it will be ceglar smith and mcnamara who miss out.

Boy would it be exciting to see what mooney can do.

There short games, so i think it will be ceglar smith and mcnamara who miss out.

Boy would it be exciting to see what mooney can do.

I be very Disappointing if Ceglar does not Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Expectations against GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back