F1 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't said this in a while and I think it needs saying again.

**** double points in the last race and whoever was responsible for it should be shot. Repeatedly. ****ing joke. It's a sport, not WWE.

I haven't said this in a while and I think it needs saying again.

**** double points in the last race and whoever was responsible for it should be shot. Repeatedly. ******* joke. It's a sport, not WWE.
And if that's not bad enough, have a look at which shining jewel in the crown of the Formula 1 universe it applies to.

Abu farking Dhabi.

While I'm at it.

I still hate DRS.

I hate races in places like ****ing Azerbaijan where they currently have NO Motorsport. Take the ****ing sport to the people, not the money.

I hate having so many races on the calendar. Go back to days of ~16 when each Grand Prix was a seriously big event, not "just another race" held every 7 days.

I hate how the sport is rigged to only allow a few teams to be up the front each year. It's becoming as bad as the Premier League such is the vast gaps in chances of winning the Championship.

I hate how much asphalt run off there is. I get safety but it says so on the ****ing ticket. "Motor racing is dangerous"

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

I like a good crash as much as the next man but these are still people's lives you're talking about.
I'm not saying have gravel than the wall half a meter away. I'm not even saying I want crashes. I just want there to be a penalty when you run off. Make them have to push as hard as they can, but within the white lines.

Now they can just push hard and if they run off, who cares?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bernie%20Ecclestone%20Might%20Face%2010%20Years%20In%20Jail%20-%2005.jpg

Driver payments for 2014 are in and the list makes for interesting reading.

Fernando Alonso Ferrari €22m
Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing €22m
Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari €22m
Lewis Hamilton Mercedes €20m
Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €16m
Nico Rosberg Mercedes €12m
Nico Hulkenberg Force India F1 €4m
Felipe Massa Williams €4m
Sergio Perez Force India F1 €3m
Romain Grosjean Lotus F1 Team €3m
Pastor Maldonado Lotus F1 Team €3m
Adrian Sutil Sauber €2m
Valtteri Bottas Williams €1m
Kevin Magnuseen McLaren-Mercedes €1m
Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing € 750,000
Jean-Eric Vergne Scuderia Toro Rosso € 750,000
Jules Bianchi Marussia € 500,000
Esteban Gutierrez Sauber € 400,000
Daniil Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso € 250,000
Max Chilton Marussia € 200,000
Kamui Kobayshi Caterham F1 € 150,000
Marcus Ericsson Caterham F1 € 150,000

Based on performance this year, Ricciardo and Bottas look to be the bargains in the field and Raikkonen looks to be way overpaid. How he got the same pay as Alonso is beyond me...

Remove this Banner Ad

F1 in 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Back