Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Mlegh, timeline is okay. It's not worth worrying about because a) it's just a website, and b) it's probably going to change in three months time.

Had a facebook friend a few months ago who bought a new Galaxy Nexus phone, and a week's worth of complaining later, returned it and got an iPhone 4s instead, all because at that point Android didn't have this stupid Instagram app.

Android has since got, and i've checked it out but it seems like a real pointless douchey app to me. Like the others have said. Take photo, apply hipster retro filter, upload. That's right, we spent decades refining digital cameras to the quality they are today, so that we could just apply old timey filters to make them look 40 years old anyway.

I deactivated my facebook account because I feel I rely on it too much during work and life in general. Needing a fix every bloody half an hour. It's tough, particularly for stalking a loved one who I'm trying to win over, but I don't really miss it at all just yet.

The fact I felt the need to post that here probably isn't the best sign however.

Had a facebook friend a few months ago who bought a new Galaxy Nexus phone, and a week's worth of complaining later, returned it and got an iPhone 4s instead, all because at that point Android didn't have this stupid Instagram app.

Android has since got, and i've checked it out but it seems like a real pointless douchey app to me. Like the others have said. Take photo, apply hipster retro filter, upload. That's right, we spent decades refining digital cameras to the quality they are today, so that we could just apply old timey filters to make them look 40 years old anyway.
It's the equivalent of painting over film negatives. It's kind of a trashy, disposable way to take a photo. And kids trying to be indie should realise that it doesn't look like film at all: It's just a hazy, glazed overlay of diluted colour. Instagram is the worst.

That's right, we spent decades refining digital cameras to the quality they are today, so that we could just apply old timey filters to make them look 40 years old anyway.

The retro filters give photo's a warm and fuzzy feeling that ultra-sharp high res images don't:) (yes instagram user/loser)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of AFL Memes but if you have been living under rock it's worth a look just to have a laugh,
http://www.facebook.com/MemesAFL

i came across that a few days ago. there are some great ones, but a lot of sifting through all the rubbish ones made by 12 year olds. for some truly horrific ones search 'corey's footy memes'

i came across that a few days ago. there are some great ones, but a lot of sifting through all the rubbish ones made by 12 year olds. for some truly horrific ones search 'corey's footy memes'
A lot of those are just downright terrible. Either unfunny or just too crude for my tastes.

The retro filters give photo's a warm and fuzzy feeling that ultra-sharp high res images don't:) (yes instagram user/loser)
HipsterSyndrome_8323.jpg

John Smith pulls out some classics as well haha, it was of higher quality when the page first started but has since gone on a downwards spiral as trolling has come frequent.

this instadgram thing has me stumped.... all the photo's look like they're from the 1970's.... can you do anything else using it aside from the just making them like old and faded?? and why do people want that anyway....??

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back