Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

LukeHodge15 said:
fiction: super strong teams out there now. hope we do but i just cant see it happening.

fact or fiction: kobe will win the scoring title and the MVP this year?

I'll go fiction - He may get the scoring title (never discount AI) but I think others will strengthen their claim on the MVP as the season progresses....I am thinking a Le Bron who has 5% on Kobe's shooting %, Iverson who is ahead in APG or a Brand / O'Neal / Chauncy ...all are having impressive seasons. Nash / Duncan - are always solid as well. Jus to many others putting in numbers across the board - and who their teams are having better season too.

Fact or fiction - Shawn Marion is the most underrated super star in the NBA?

TigerFan said:
after today's effort, I think not.

Fact or Fiction - Sacramento are coming...

Fiction - They are showing a bit now that they have nothing to lose

Fact or Fiction - Cavs are a chance this season

macca_2111 said:
Fiction - They are showing a bit now that they have nothing to lose

Fact or Fiction - Cavs are a chance this season
A chance for what????

To Win the championship???? Then its Fiction.
To make the play offs, then its a fact.

Fact or Fiction: Jerry Sloan will quit Utah at the end of the season.

Stiffy_18 said:
A chance for what????

To Win the championship???? Then its Fiction.
To make the play offs, then its a fact.

Fact or Fiction: Jerry Sloan will quit Utah at the end of the season.

Fact. Perhaps it's time.

Fact or Fiction: Kirilenko is the best Euro in the league?

Crow-mo said:
disagree I think Dallas would be better if they swapped places.
Maybe but I see Dirk as one of the top 10 players in the league. Someone you can build a contend around. AK47 is great complete player but not a superstar type player. He is more like your ultimate role player where he will fill up a stat sheet every game.

Crow-mo said:
Fiction: you know why ;)
C'mon man give us some love :p

2-0 against them this year including a 29 point demolition the other day with 3 of our starters missing :p

Stiffy_18 said:
Fact or Fiction: Kevin Martin is an under-rated player thats flying under the radar this year.

Probably fact. but sacto is offering playing time and opportunities, so hard to know if it's that or him.

Fact or Fiction: if Yao has been 'manufactured' by the chinese, they did such a sh_t job?

Crow-mo said:
Probably fact. but sacto is offering playing time and opportunities, so hard to know if it's that or him.

Fact or Fiction: if Yao has been 'manufactured' by the chinese, they did such a sh_t job?

I wouldn't say sh|t job. He is avg close to a double double this year, no matter how big his potential that is still fairly handy.

Fact Or fiction: Sacramento will make the plyoffs.

Knowledge said:
I wouldn't say sh|t job. He is avg close to a double double this year, no matter how big his potential that is still fairly handy.

Fact Or fiction: Sacramento will make the plyoffs.
Fiction :(. We are consistently inconsistent although we have won 7 of the last 11, I still think we left that run too late.

Fact or Fiction: Shareef Abdur-Rahim is a tough SOB considering he is playing with his jaw still wired up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stiffy_18 said:
Fiction :(. We are consistently inconsistent although we have won 7 of the last 11, I still think we left that run too late.

$5 says you'll change your tune within the next fortnight :p

Fact or Fiction: Shareef Abdur-Rahim is a tough SOB considering he is playing with his jaw still wired up

definitely fact. in a sporting world full of pansy soccer players, shareef's effort is incredible (he didn't play too badly either).

Fact or Fiction: Michael Olowokandi, despite popular opinion, would be a good pickup for the Celtics

TigerFan said:
$5 says you'll change your tune within the next fortnight :p

definitely fact. in a sporting world full of pansy soccer players, shareef's effort is incredible (he didn't play too badly either).

Fact or Fiction: Michael Olowokandi, despite popular opinion, would be a good pickup for the Celtics
Fiction. He is too much of softie to really benefit any team. Of he can't look good on the court next to KG, then there is something seriously wrong with him.

Fact or Fiction: Dwight Howard deserves All-Star selection this year.

Stiffy_18 said:
Fiction. He is too much of softie to really benefit any team. Of he can't look good on the court next to KG, then there is something seriously wrong with him.

Fact or Fiction: Dwight Howard deserves All-Star selection this year.

Fiction - As much as I would like to see him suit up for his first All-Star appearance, I feel there are 3 players already ahead of him in the PF position (Bosh, Webber & J. O'Neal).

Fact or Fiction:

The Cavs losing streak will continue until they can find a replacement for Larry Hughes.

AJ_No.4 said:
Fiction - As much as I would like to see him suit up for his first All-Star appearance, I feel there are 3 players already ahead of him in the PF position (Bosh, Webber & J. O'Neal).

Fact or Fiction:

The Cavs losing streak will continue until they can find a replacement for Larry Hughes.
Fiction- Larry Who?

Fact or Fiction:

Gilbert Arenas is serverly underrated on this board.

Stiffy_18 said:
Fiction. He is rated but you are the one that seems to over-rate him. A very good player no doubt.

Fact or Fiction: Without Nash, Suns would be a lottery team.

Fact, Diaw and Marion would be nothing without Nash, Same thing with STAT.

Fact or Fiction Brad Newley to one day play NBA

jo172 said:
Fact, Diaw and Marion would be nothing without Nash, Same thing with STAT.

Come on........... are you serious???

I'll give you Diaw, but did you just say Shawn Marion would be nothing wthout Nash.......... that is funny....

Shawn Marion has been as consistent as he was from his first season in the NBA, Shawn Marion doesn't need Steve Nash to make him look good. I consider him a superstar, most probably others wouldn't. I'm guessing you haven't seen any pre Nash days of Shawn then????

Oh by the way the STAT comment isn't worthy of a response.............

AJ_No.4 said:
Come on........... are you serious???

I'll give you Diaw, but did you just say Shawn Marion would be nothing wthout Nash.......... that is funny....

Shawn Marion has been as consistent as he was from his first season in the NBA, Shawn Marion doesn't need Steve Nash to make him look good. I consider him a superstar, most probably others wouldn't. I'm guessing you haven't seen any pre Nash days of Shawn then????

Oh by the way the STAT comment isn't worthy of a response.............

The suns still had matrix when they sucked too.

they have 3 new members of the starting 5, and a number on the bench.
Thomas, Raja Bell, Diaw, James Jones, eddie house etc. this is not a high quality supporting cast. I am sure some of them were recruited using redeemable supermarket coupons.

I read recently 6, repeat 6! members of the phoenix suns are averaging career highs this season, and Matrix is on the verge of making it 7.

As an example, with Nash (no kobe) the Lakers are much better than now, and with Kobe (no Nash) phoenix are where the lakers are now.

Fact or Fiction: George Karl has done a fantastic job with Melo. what was it last night: 13 - 16FG 10- 12 FT or such for 40 odd points. For a guy who was punching his ticket to Kobeville last season, the transformation is incredible

Fact. Undeniable. The guy was channelling the Big Dog for the first 1 and a half seasons of his career and he's finally decided to extract a digit and work the post, where he basically unstoppable on the fadeaway. Hopefully Karl doesn't wear out his welcome to soon like his previous stops.

Fact or fiction: I pity the foo' who don't STFU.

Seriously though, Adam Morrison to make it two whiteboys picked 1st overall in a row?

Crow-mo said:
The suns still had matrix when they sucked too.

they have 3 new members of the starting 5, and a number on the bench.
Thomas, Raja Bell, Diaw, James Jones, eddie house etc. this is not a high quality supporting cast. I am sure some of them were recruited using redeemable supermarket coupons.

I read recently 6, repeat 6! members of the phoenix suns are averaging career highs this season, and Matrix is on the verge of making it 7.

As an example, with Nash (no kobe) the Lakers are much better than now, and with Kobe (no Nash) phoenix are where the lakers are now.

I don't get what your point is...............:confused:

My argument was that the Matrix does not need Steve Nash to make him look good. Jo172 quoted that the Matrix would be nothing with out Steve Nash and I simply replied that is bull********.

So are you backing Jo172's point of view that the Matrix needs Steve Nash to make him look good????

AJ_No.4 said:
I don't get what your point is...............:confused:

My argument was that the Matrix does not need Steve Nash to make him look good. Jo172 quoted that the Matrix would be nothing with out Steve Nash and I simply replied that is bull********.

So are you backing Jo172's point of view that the Matrix needs Steve Nash to make him look good????

No. Marion is however not especially effective without a strong PG. that's been true his entire career. he's an in the flow player, not a primary option. a pretty amazing one at that. his elevation to a far more effective player the last two years is down to Nash and the system that Nash enables.

But my point was that you've often repeated that you think Nash has a strong supporting cast to work with, and I don't agree. we saw last year, and especially the year before that, what Matrix and Amare added up to without a rudder. great individual players, not so much team success. Though I would probably argue that to some degree it's not their fault, no team should play without a PG, that's why we have them.

Basically I think you've taken the impact Nash has had for granted, and I think if he keeps this up next year say (which would probably be 3 x 1st team nba places in a row, causes he's getting it this year) in some ways history will down play his achievement. By that I mean, people will start to think it was a no brainer that a PG that good would mean a turnaround, but he was a guy with question marks when he arrived, and he's been SO good we tend to forget.

Crow-mo said:
No. Marion is however not especially effective without a strong PG. that's been true his entire career. he's an in the flow player, not a primary option. a pretty amazing one at that. his elevation to a far more effective player the last two years is down to Nash and the system that Nash enables.

But my point was that you've often repeated that you think Nash has a strong supporting cast to work with, and I don't agree. we saw last year, and especially the year before that, what Matrix and Amare added up to without a rudder. great individual players, not so much team success. Though I would probably argue that to some degree it's not their fault, no team should play without a PG, that's why we have them.

Basically I think you've taken the impact Nash has had for granted, and I think if he keeps this up next year say (which would probably be 3 x 1st team nba places in a row, causes he's getting it this year) in some ways history will down play his achievement. By that I mean, people will start to think it was a no brainer that a PG that good would mean a turnaround, but he was a guy with question marks when he arrived, and he's been SO good we tend to forget.

Righto.

I've got an idea, why don't you start talking about a different topic all together. I didn't know I was talking about the Phoenix Suns team, by the way I feel that they do have a strong supporting crew. There team has been assemble to play to a specific structure and to me these players like Diaw, House & Bell etc should be considered a strong supporting cast.

Steve Nash does not make the Matrix a better player. He would be a walk up start on any team in the NBA, especially ones that don't have an overly strong PG.

Heres a question for you. Did Steve Nash make Joe Johnson a better player???

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back