Roughie

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2005
Above The Clouds Where The Sounds Are Original
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Ok seeing its near the off season, Hawthorns season is over and there isnt much to talk about besides trades and delistings so I thought lets play a game.

I got the idea from the ESPN t.v show Sportscentre and ill explain how it goes.

I will post a question at this end of the thread for example, Will Richmond make the 8 next season? and the next to reply will either answer the question as Fact, or Fiction and can give a brief explanation if they want. And after their answer they will leave a question for the next poster to either answer fact or fiction to, and theyll leave a question and so on....

So ill start it off.

Will Chris Judd win the 2006 Brownlow Medal?

Roughie said:
Ok seeing its near the off season, Hawthorns season is over and there isnt much to talk about besides trades and delistings so I thought lets play a game.

I got the idea from the ESPN t.v show Sportscentre and ill explain how it goes.

I will post a question at this end of the thread for example, Will Richmond make the 8 next season? and the next to reply will either answer the question as Fact, or Fiction and can give a brief explanation if they want. And after their answer they will leave a question for the next poster to either answer fact or fiction to, and theyll leave a question and so on....
Great idea!

Roughie said:
So ill start it off.

Will Chris Judd win the 2006 Brownlow Medal?

Fiction: he's had a very good year, but Adam Goodes had a better season during the H&A season for mine.

Question: Will Luke Hodge win a Brownlow in the next 3 years?

philhawk said:
Great idea!

Fiction: he's had a very good year, but Adam Goodes had a better season during the H&A season for mine.

Question: Will Luke Hodge win a Brownlow in the next 3 years?

Fact: Along with a premership and Norm Smith in 2009.

Question: Will Rick ladson finish top 5 in Hawthorns 2007 B&F.

Herbs hawks said:
Fact: Along with a premership and Norm Smith in 2009.

Question: Will Rick ladson finish top 5 in Hawthorns 2007 B&F.

Fiction: I dont think he will improve alot more then he had this season, with the improvement of Roughie, Franklin, Bateman, Lewis....And the return of Jacobs I cant see Ladson being top 5.

Question: Will Jarryd Roughead take a big step and kick 40+ Goals in 07?

Roughie said:
Fiction: I dont think he will improve alot more then he had this season, with the improvement of Roughie, Franklin, Bateman, Lewis....And the return of Jacobs I cant see Ladson being top 5.

Will Roughead kick 40+ Goals in 07?

Fiction: I'd love to be proven wrong, but he really needs to pull his finger out and really bulk up in the gym over the pre-season. Some work on his speed over 30-50m wouldn't go astray either.

Question: Will Ellis, Dowler and Muston play 20 games in 2007?

Roughie said:

Question: Will Jarryd Roughead take a big step and kick 40+ Goals in 07?

FACT - if he gets enough time there

QUESTION - will Dawson make it?

i dont know if u had to be a hawks supporter to do this but ill have a shot

fact - good fb need time to develop and usualy get smashed in there first year e.g. fletcher

question - will willo win a coleman in his carrea

danzan22 said:
i dont know if u had to be a hawks supporter to do this but ill have a shot

fact - good fb need time to develop and usualy get smashed in there first year e.g. fletcher

question - will willo win a coleman in his carrea

Fiction - He will be a great servant for Hawthorn, but as roughy franklin and dowler improve, he will be of less a focus

Question - will Little get a game in 07 (if on the list)

Heropsychodreamer said:
Fiction - He will be a great servant for Hawthorn, but as roughy franklin and dowler improve, he will be of less a focus

Question - will Little get a game in 07 (if on the list)

Of course any one can post Dan

Fact: If Miller can get a game so can Little!

Question: Will Taylor play more then 8 games next season?

Roughie said:
Of course any one can post Dan

Fact: If Miller can get a game so can Little!

Question: Will Taylor play more then 8 games next season?

Fiction: The Berg will take his place :thumbsu:

F or F: Shane Crawford will win the 2007 B&F for Hawthorn?

Roughie said:
Fiction: If Hodge can improve his fitness he will win it.

Question: Will Quentin Lynch become a dominant forward in the AFL?

Fact: He has the "Sav Rocca" factor - sheer size should see him monster the smaller full backs (eg. Zac). Whether or not he will have an impact on the scoreboard is a different matter all together ("Nathan Thompson" factor).

Question: Will Thompson be coaching the Cats next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

buddy23 said:
Fact: He has the "Sav Rocca" factor - sheer size should see him monster the smaller full backs (eg. Zac). Whether or not he will have an impact on the scoreboard is a different matter all together ("Nathan Thompson" factor).

Question: Will Thompson be coaching the Cats next year?

Fiction: I believe he deserves to stay but there are alot of stories coming out about Bomber, and I dont think they want him to stay.

Fact Or Fiction: Will Franklin kick 30+ Goals in 07?

Roughie said:
Fiction: I believe he deserves to stay but there are alot of stories coming out about Bomber, and I dont think they want him to stay.

Fact Or Fiction: Will Franklin kick 30+ Goals in 07?

fact - franklin has proen that hes a ood kick for goal

question - will bomber be sacked

Great stuff, Roughie, just what the stimulas the board needs during the off-season.

danzan22 said:
fact - franklin has proen that hes a ood kick for goal

question - will bomber be sacked

Fact: Yes unfortunately, I always admired him as the Bomber captain and was doing a good job at Catland until the wheels fell off mainly due to losing his players, reading between the lines.

Question: Will Goldstink continue to lecture Hawks players next time round?

Gary Shadforth said:
Great stuff, Roughie, just what the stimulas the board needs during the off-season.

Fact: Yes unfortunately, I always admired him as the Bomber captain and was doing a good job at Catland until the wheels fell off mainly due to losing his players, reading between the lines.

Question: Will Goldstink continue to lecture Hawks players next time round?

Fact: Goldspink was born a **** head, and will die a **** head.

Fact or Fiction:Will Spida get his wishes and will be traded to Sydney?

Roughie said:
Fact: Goldspink was born a **** head, and will die a **** head.

Fact or Fiction:Will Spida get his wishes and will be traded to Sydney?

fiction - now that everitt has been up for offer for a while, it seems more likely that he will go to another club

fact or fiction - will kent kingsly be drafted by another club?

danzan22 said:
fiction - now that everitt has been up for offer for a while, it seems more likely that he will go to another club

fact or fiction - will kent kingsly be drafted by another club?

Fact: I think clubs are willing to pick him, Bulldogs would want him, but cant see him going there, but I can see him going to Richmond!

Fact Or Fiction: Will Chris Tarrant ever be selected in an All Aus team over the rest of his career?

Roughie said:
Fact: I think clubs are willing to pick him, Bulldogs would want him, but cant see him going there, but I can see him going to Richmond!

Fact Or Fiction: Will Chris Tarrant ever be selected in an All Aus team over the rest of his career?

Fiction - tarrant is way over rated and needs to work on his kicking and his skills in the pre season to have any chance

F OR F - will a vic club win the premiership before 2010

danzan22 said:
Fiction - tarrant is way over rated and needs to work on his kicking and his skills in the pre season to have any chance

F OR F - will a vic club win the premiership before 2010

Fact: Bulldogs have a good chance if they can snap up some more Key Position players, And Melbourne can if they get another forward threat or if Brad Miller starts kicking goals.

Fact or Fiction: James Hird has 2 more years in him?

Roughie said:
Fact: Bulldogs have a good chance if they can snap up some more Key Position players, And Melbourne can if they get another forward threat or if Brad Miller starts kicking goals.

Fact or Fiction: James Hird has 2 more years in him?

Fiction: Almost pulled the pin this year, I think next is his last. Body's taken a huge beating over the years.

Fact or Fiction : Hawthorn making it to September in 2007?

swift24 said:
Fiction: Almost pulled the pin this year, I think next is his last. Body's taken a huge beating over the years.

Fact or Fiction : Hawthorn making it to September in 2007?

Fiction: We've got a little while to go yet, but I don't want to get my hopes up with aspirations of the finals after 5 years in 'the wilderness'.

Question: Bias aside (a detailed reply would be appreciated ;)), but will Buddy find himself in a Key Position role in the next few years? Will he be the Centre-Half-Forward we've been looking for since Brereton retired?

philhawk said:
Fiction: We've got a little while to go yet, but I don't want to get my hopes up with aspirations of the finals after 5 years in 'the wilderness'.

Question: Bias aside (a detailed reply would be appreciated ;)), but will Buddy find himself in a Key Position role in the next few years? Will he be the Centre-Half-Forward we've been looking for since Brereton retired?

Fact - buddy has shown this year that he has the skills to take on the chf position

F or F - will carlton make it a trio of spoons next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact Or Fiction?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back