Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey, just a fun game I thought we could introduce here, especially since it can carry over to the offseason and those suffering from 'Black Monday'

Just answer the person above you and post your own Fact/Fiction question.

Okay I will get the ball rolling (Will post two because I an fair interested in opinions)

1. Fact or Fiction
The Cowboys form slump carries over to the playoffs and they lose their opening match...

2. Fact or Fiction
The Bears rebound next year...

COME ON PEOPLE LETS MAKE THIS AS LONG AS THE LOOKALIKE THREAD lol :D

1. Fact or Fiction
The Cowboys form slump carries over to the playoffs and they lose their opening match...
Fact - they started believing their own press & this team hasn't won a playoff game for over a decade for a reason.

2. Fact or Fiction
The Bears rebound next year...
Fiction - they are poor at all the skill positions on offense. They are also about to pay (in terms of losing starters) for a defense that has carried the team.

Mine . . .

Fact or Fiction
2007 was a true indication of where the Saints are at (i.e. they over achieved in 2006)

Fact or Fiction
2007 was a true indication of where the Saints are at (i.e. they over achieved in 2006)
Fiction... While 2006 was perhaps an abherration in a positive movement, they still have the potential to match that. Key injuries played a major part in the year and although exposing the inexperienced underbelly of the Saints, they will not be under that same pressure IF say Deuce stays healthy (Squarely looking at Bush). Still a playoff team who unfortunately did not make the playoffs due to a horrible start...

Fact or Fiction...
Emotion and momentum will help carry Washington AT LEAST past Seattle

Fact or Fiction...
Emotion and momentum will help carry Washington AT LEAST past Seattle

Fiction - The Seattle D and Washington's coach will ensure the Skins are one and done in the playoffs. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins manage a FG or two at best on offense.

Fact or Fiction:

Adrian Peterson would not have won the OROTY behind any other O-Line

Fiction - The Seattle D and Washington's coach will ensure the Skins are one and done in the playoffs. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if the Skins manage a FG or two at best on offense.

Fact or Fiction:

Adrian Peterson would not have won the OROTY behind any other O-Line
Hmmm interesting... I will say fiction because you say 'any other'... Other O-Lines have the potential to make holes that Peterson had, and some DO for other teams. Then you have to ask, who else would have gotten it if his 294 and 224 games were reduced to say 100-150 yard games... I think Peterson wouldn't have with a lot of teams (like most RB given a horrible O Line) but then would still have had a huge effect in other teams. (Of course, those teams may have established RB's and would not resort to a 1st year draft pick to get their yards)

Fact or Fiction
Parcell's will make a POSITIVE difference to the Fins management and as such, a positive movement towards winning more games... In other words, does he stand a chance of changing this team for the better on field?

Fact or Fiction
Parcell's will make a POSITIVE difference to the Fins management and as such, a positive movement towards winning more games... In other words, does he stand a chance of changing this team for the better on field?

To be honest, they could not be much worse! You would have to say with his influence, a new coaching panel, some serious trading/free agent/drafting, that they would have to improve. Maybe 2 wins?:)

Fact or Fiction

Do my beloved Raiders climb back to a .500 season off the back of JRuss!!??

Fact or Fiction

Do my beloved Raiders climb back to a .500 season off the back of JRuss!!??
Fiction... Sorry GG and Manu, it is still 1 season off (IMO) before we see a .500 season... As GG said, too many unsettled seats in the team to be able to rise dramatically especially in a div where 2 teams are already better and the other is about equal...

Russ hasn't had much game-time which will have hindered his development, for good or bad, we don't know. But it is still another year off... Too many requirements... Sorry guys

Fact or Fiction
Dick LeBeau is the biggest X-Factor for the Steelers if they wish to make any stead way into the Playoffs (Say - AFC Championship game)

WOODY I WANT YOU TO ALSO ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!!!!

Fact or Fiction
Dick LeBeau is the biggest X-Factor for the Steelers if they wish to make any stead way into the Playoffs (Say - AFC Championship game)

Ficton. Big Ben will be the X Factor with FWP out.

Fact of Ficton?

Chris Redman has a chance to be the Falcons long term answer at QB?

Fact of Ficton?

Chris Redman has a chance to be the Falcons long term answer at QB?
Fiction if they want to win anything worth winning...
Fact if they want to simply possibly win a div, get a winning season..

Fact or Fiction

The Jaguars have a better chance of knocking off the Patriots than the Chargers have of knocking off the Colts.

Fact or Fiction

Fiction I'm afraid. The cream puff schedule :eek: greately enhanced our stats on D this year. To be #1 overall?? something just ain't right. > Lots of Steeler fans on the Steeler forums are not convinced one iota we're the same Steel Curtain D of the mid-90's.. I agree. We're probably Top 10 (9th IMHO).

We still have the ready made D that DLB has perhaps refined by improving our pass D but the LOSS of DE Aaron Smith & LB Clint Kriewaldt on the RUN & Special teams is going to hurt. Teams make adjustments and hopefully DLB can find the fillers to be thrillers.

Fact: Big Ben is having a career Best season. Steelers hopes are in his hands when the big plays need to be made.

Fact or Fiction

The Jaguars have a better chance of knocking off the Patriots than the Chargers have of knocking off the Colts.

Fact. Chargers to get knocked out by the Titans so they won't even get the chance to play Indy! But I think the Jags have the best chance of beating the Pats, although the only reason I say that is because they are the only AFC playoff team the Pats haven't beaten this year (except the Titans but let's face it they might beat the Chargers....but wouldn't beat the Pats) so there's a bit of an unknown factor there...

Fiction I'm afraid. The cream puff schedule :eek: greately enhanced our stats on D this year. To be #1 overall?? something just ain't right. > Lots of Steeler fans on the Steeler forums are not convinced one iota we're the same Steel Curtain D of the mid-90's.. I agree. We're probably Top 10 (9th IMHO).

That's according to NFL.com rankings right? I remember in 2003 they had Dallas at #1 overall (#1 pass and #3 rush) which just shows how raw stats can be decieving....2003 Cowboys D = overrated!

nfl.com stats are just basic raw stats that give the average fan a rough idea of rankings, whereas a site like football outsiders is much more advanced (accurate). They have the Steelers ranked at #8 (if I've read it correctly, it's hard to understand) which as you say sounds about right i.e. top 10 D.

That being said, DLB might be the x-factor considering all the talk this year seems to be about the great offenses in the league....Pats, Colts, Packers, Cowboys. It seems the D's have been "forgotten" this year with no team really having those shutdown D's like the old days. Scoring is higher (Pats breaking all-time record, Cowboys breaking franchise record etc...), sacks are down, quarterbacks being protected like royalty....Maybe the D's will fire up once the playoffs start! Let's hope so (well IMO). Anyway, this all leads to my fact or fiction poser:

Fact or Fiction: The days of the dominating defenses are over, and the league is now more offense orientated?

Fact or Fiction: The days of the dominating defenses are over, and the league is now more offense orientated?

I don't think either, but if I have to choose... FACT.

The league is all about creating more points to "excite" the braindead fan who hates seeing a 9-6 scoreline. I'm waiting for the day, when DBs aren't allowed near receivers at all, and they have to use gadget arms to knock down passes.

That being said, no matter what the rules, there' always going to be good defenses. The good ones are the ones that adapt to the rules the best.

Fact or Fiction: The bears are going to give up on Grossman and Griese, keep Orton on as starter and draft a QB in early rounds.

I don't think either, but if I have to choose... FACT.

The league is all about creating more points to "excite" the braindead fan who hates seeing a 9-6 scoreline. I'm waiting for the day, when DBs aren't allowed near receivers at all, and they have to use gadget arms to knock down passes.

That being said, no matter what the rules, there' always going to be good defenses. The good ones are the ones that adapt to the rules the best.

Fact or Fiction: The bears are going to give up on Grossman and Griese, keep Orton on as starter and draft a QB in early rounds.

Fact. I think that scenario is pretty much the consensus around the league at the moment. Grossman proved both last year and this year that he simply ain't a top flight QB. I'd say a QB in the 2nd or 3rd is likely for the Bears this year.

Fact or Fiction:
- Ocho Cinco will be playing for a different team next year...
- Derek Anderson will be traded by the Browns leaving Brady Quinn as starter...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact or Fiction:
- Ocho Cinco will be playing for a different team next year...
- Derek Anderson will be traded by the Browns leaving Brady Quinn as starter...
Fiction. Bengals arent really that far off from making a serious play-off run. Carson would have to say he had a shit year even though he did throw for 4,000 yards (Looking at his 20 INTs). So basically the main pieces on offence are there anad Ocho Cinco would be crazy to leave. If the B-girls can improve their D (ok improve it a shit-load), then this team will be play-off bound again.

Fiction. So you expose a unknown rookie in his second year to the wolves when you already have a competent Qb? Nah can't see it happening as the Browns will need two Qbs next year with the schedule their due to face.

Unless the Browns get a crazy offer or they view Anderson as a one year wonder, i wouldnt be trading him.

Fact or Fiction:
Miami will trade the # 1 Pick?.

Fiction. Bengals arent really that far off from making a serious play-off run. Carson would have to say he had a shit year even though he did throw for 4,000 yards (Looking at his 20 INTs). So basically the main pieces on offence are there anad Ocho Cinco would be crazy to leave. If the B-girls can improve their D (ok improve it a shit-load), then this team will be play-off bound again.

Fiction. So you expose a unknown rookie in his second year to the wolves when you already have a competent Qb? Nah can't see it happening as the Browns will need two Qbs next year with the schedule their due to face.

Unless the Browns get a crazy offer or they view Anderson as a one year wonder, i wouldnt be trading him.

Fact or Fiction:
Miami will trade the # 1 Pick?.

I hate to answer my own question, but I reckon Chad Johnson will be looking for a new home next year. TJ Hooshamazoo out-performed him this year, so they'll sign him, and the word on the street is that he wants out so if the bengals get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him they'd be pretty happy. There'd be a stack of teams lining up to sign his name. As much of a distraction he is, the kid can play.

Apparently the Browns rate Quinn very highly, and they are of the opinion that there's no need for two starting QB's on the roster. Lets face it, Anderson was only just above average this year, and he was behind one of the better OL's in the league. Surely Cleveland must deal one of their QB's, otherwise they'll be spending massive amounts of money on a player who is not starting.

With regard to your question Juddy, I think fact. From everything I've been reading about, the Dolfs will be looking to trade down from the #1. They already have two 2nd round picks, if they could some how scrounge two #1's this draft could set them up for years to come. But, who knows how Parcells thinks...

I hate to answer my own question, but I reckon Chad Johnson will be looking for a new home next year. TJ Hooshamazoo out-performed him this year, so they'll sign him, and the word on the street is that he wants out so if the bengals get a 1st and 2nd rounder for him they'd be pretty happy. There'd be a stack of teams lining up to sign his name. As much of a distraction he is, the kid can play.

Apparently the Browns rate Quinn very highly, and they are of the opinion that there's no need for two starting QB's on the roster. Lets face it, Anderson was only just above average this year, and he was behind one of the better OL's in the league. Surely Cleveland must deal one of their QB's, otherwise they'll be spending massive amounts of money on a player who is not starting.
But i think the point im trying to make is that you don't trade Franchise WRs when you have them. Not exactly sure of his contractual status but the B-girls will certainly be going backwards if they lose Johnson.

The Browns and Qbs generally don't go well together. I'll leave it at that.

With regard to your question Juddy, I think fact. From everything I've been reading about, the Dolfs will be looking to trade down from the #1. They already have two 2nd round picks, if they could some how scrounge two #1's this draft could set them up for years to come. But, who knows how Parcells thinks...
It depends on how well they view Beck. If Parcells think he has the long term goods, then they should select Dorsey 1. If Parcells think they should go in another direction at Qb, then maybe trade down and hope a Ryan, Woodson or Brohm slip to their pick.

One things for sure... they need alot of help in a lot of areas.

Division rivals will never trade for one...

Two, Cleveland don't need a #1 receiver, and Cincinnati don't need a starting QB.

Edwards was magnificent all year, and I can't see the ponying up a first or second round pick for Johnson (considering they've lost their first already), and they have a star receiver already.

What Cleveland do with Anderson is interesting. He's a RFA ( think), and what they tender him as will be a huge factor on what happens. I don't think any team will give up a first for him,maybe a second... If he's tendered high, he'll probably play and enter FA in 2009. Tendered low, I think a few teams will try and sign him.

Fact or Fiction

Will tuna turn Miami into a billion dollar franchise?

Ficton. They probably already are. Link.

Fact or Ficton?

Warren Sapp is a better chance of making the HOF than Bryant Young?

Fact

Fact Or Fiction?
Seattle will AT LEAST make the NFC Championship match...

Fiction.

Seattle are a very average team.

They played Washington, who are running on the fumes of what was emotion, and were bound to burn out at some point, that point was today. Washington are what they are, a VERY AVERAGE FOOTBALL TEAM.

Seattle got lucky this week, was the perfect time to play Washington. Was Todd Collins ever going to win a playoff game, really?:rolleyes:

Fact or Fiction?
Denver need to cut ties with Mike Shanahan

Ficton. Unless Cowher was waiting in the wings.

Fact of Ficton? Mike Nolan won't see out the 2008 season as 49ers HC?
Hopefully fact for their sake.... Way to ruin a potentially good team :thumbsu:

Fact or Fiction?
There is more pressure on Romo to perform well next week then their is for Manning (Eli Variety)

Hopefully fact for their sake.... Way to ruin a potentially good team :thumbsu:

Fact or Fiction?
There is more pressure on Romo to perform well next week then their is for Manning (Eli Variety)

Fact. Eli got his playoff win today so he will be more relaxed, Romo looks like a bit of a flat track bully to me, so he needs to perform.

Fact or Ficton? The Chargers are done if Antonio Gates doesn't suit up next week?

Fact or Ficton? The Chargers are done if Antonio Gates doesn't suit up next week?

FACT IMHO. Having one less key target for the much disliked QB is not going to give him, Rivers, much sympathy & the Colts secondary will have less to worry about.

Fact or Fiction? Seahawks going the scenic ROUTE (on the road) to SB Glory, is it possible they can match up well, have a healthy list, against any opponent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Other Fact or Fiction

Remove this Banner Ad

Back