Family Day

Remove this Banner Ad

wasn't too bad. The main player's who draw the crowds were confined to the rooms when they were not in the signing markees. Made it very annoying, still got to meet some of the young prospects which made it well worth the visit.

Did any players or coaching staff say anything about yesterdays match? I'm just hanging to hear an official Hawthorn release, i wonder what Tod has to say on Tuesday? It was just so dissapointing to see us fade away as soon as 1/2 time after such a good start, ii realy need to hear that they've learned their lesson. I've got the week off so i'll be keeping a close eye on training sessions.

There were around 5000 who attended with a noticeable increase in families. Approx 600 memberships sold apparently.

Glenferrie itself has become a bit of a ghost town. The oval was a dust bowl. The Tuck stand was closed and the players and staff used the past players room and the old weights room in the Ferguson stand. The social was open for merchandise but the rest was closed off.

We always go to the family day - my daughter got a signature from beau muston on her jumper - buddy was just too popular!

Though her favorite player is changa - we couldn't find him.

She must like dredlocks :confused:

There were around 5000 who attended with a noticeable increase in families. Approx 600 memberships sold apparently.

How does that compare against most Family Day's?

Glenferrie itself has become a bit of a ghost town. The oval was a dust bowl. The Tuck stand was closed and the players and staff used the past players room and the old weights room in the Ferguson stand. The social was open for merchandise but the rest was closed off.

Sad to see, who's role is it to look after the ground?

Given the Tuck Stand is heritage listed, surely it must be kept in some sort of order?

Enjoyable day. Revisiting Glenferrie today showed just how lucky the club was to get out to Waverley. No wonder the club struggled trying to develop players with those facilities. The most obvious thing was the size of the oval. How could any team, let alone an AFL side prepare on such a small ground. Congratulations to those that pulled off the move.

No wonder the club struggled trying to develop players with those facilities. The most obvious thing was the size of the oval. How could any team, let alone an AFL side prepare on such a small ground. Congratulations to those that pulled off the move.

I think we one a few premierships from players developed and trained there.

We always go to the family day - my daughter got a signature from beau muston on her jumper - buddy was just too popular!

Though her favorite player is changa - we couldn't find him.

She must like dredlocks :confused:

they were in signing tent 2 with ladson and sammy from 1130 til 1245, i was lucky to be first in line at that tent, i was not going to miss out on seeing sammy again, haha!

How does that compare against most Family Day's?

On par with last year

Sad to see, who's role is it to look after the ground?

Given the Tuck Stand is heritage listed, surely it must be kept in some sort of order?

The council have looked after the ground for the past four years.

Parts of the Tuck stand have been condemned. The council is yet to decide what to do with it.

"Talk" at Family Day was that it may be the last at Glenferrie. The council are considering turning the oval into a carpark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Talk" at Family Day was that it may be the last at Glenferrie. The council are considering turning the oval into a carpark.

That would be a terrible decision. A loss of community open space and all that history down the drain. There seriously needs to be more Hawthorn supporters in the Booroondara council!! Surely they could put another level or two on the existing carpark behind Coles instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Family Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back