Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

"People do look to us for community leadership..."
How deluded is this flog?

Get your head out of your arse and stick to running the game.

"People do look to us for community leadership..."
How deluded is this flog?

Get your head out of your arse and stick to running the game.
is he quoting Demetriou. Good chompers😁 pitchman, that's about it.

And there's no actual crackdown. Security guard being involved in the odd incident has been happening at most games for the past 20 years. The difference now is people feel the need to jump on a.social bandwagon of people not wanting to be told what to do. And social media has given that platform to everyone which is why it's all of a sudden a big issue. There's no crackdown. But it's getting to the point where social media critics are so rife that the AFL has a responsibilty to protect people who don't want to be a part of that.

How much are the AFL paying you to be their forum plant?

I prefer us to move to a society with greater harmony
Ahh, that would be the 4th way, hitherto the Centre for the Harmonious Development of Mankind, proferred by Beelzebub's Grandson. It worked well for a period, there are still active acolytes, heck, who didnt dabble in ways to get a jump on the buddhist invasion, though Katherine Mansfield's passing seemed to expose the harmony to default entropy. But all good gentlemen and many a frisky Anglican lass respect and enjoy a cultivated, may I risk, an harmonious tash, so all is not lost.

george-gurdjieff-4.jpg

The AFL has made the mistake by being influenced by the far left, quite depressing that Melbourne is now the epicenter for this crap.

it's hard to know which came first. not that i know where it rolls in from for the afl, but there's lots of government dollars to be found when your organisation is shown to be or attempting to be meeting certain societal benchmarks that have at one time been prescribed by the left - either before or after society's paradigm of inclusivity tolerance has shifted - and i couldn't ever accuse the afl of wanting to avoid involvement with money.

not a comment on the benchmarks themselves (i can't be arsed), but i have to consider the possibility that they're merely sniffing the wind and are influenced by the dollars of being left-aligning. they love jumping on the bandwagon of a good cause, especially ones that people have already been involved in and aware of for decades - no chance of controversy.
with the crowd controversy though, gil has stepped out on a bit of a limb and pointed the lens at his own stakeholders, compared to his 'good cause' rounds and has accordingly fomented something which he may not have expected.

it's hard to know which came first. not that i know where it rolls in from for the afl, but there's lots of government dollars to be found when your organisation is shown to be or attempting to be meeting certain societal benchmarks that have at one time been prescribed by the left - either before or after society's paradigm of inclusivity tolerance has shifted - and i couldn't ever accuse the afl of wanting to avoid involvement with money.

not a comment on the benchmarks themselves (i can't be arsed), but i have to consider the possibility that they're merely sniffing the wind and are influenced by the dollars of being left-aligning. they love jumping on the bandwagon of a good cause, especially ones that people have already been involved in and aware of for decades - no chance of controversy.
with the crowd controversy though, gil has stepped out on a bit of a limb and pointed the lens at his own stakeholders, compared to his 'good cause' rounds and has accordingly fomented something which he may not have expected.
👌
sniffing the wind
This. I have been counting the Public Service announcements from SEN, and Hutchie might have connection to the Family Peace 'charity', I certainly don't think that they are paying market rates for their media,
-> as a positive branding position, my theory Hutchie now is moving many advertisement recordings for the government and their publicserviceannouncements 🙄 so taxation revenue of Daniel Andrews

Last edited:
Ahh, that would be the 4th way, hitherto the Centre for the Harmonious Development of Mankind, proferred by Beelzebub's Grandson. It worked well for a period, there are still active acolytes, heck, who didnt dabble in ways to get a jump on the buddhist invasion, though Katherine Mansfield's passing seemed to expose the harmony to default entropy. But all good gentlemen and many a frisky Anglican lass respect and enjoy a cultivated, may I risk, an harmonious tash, so all is not lost.

View attachment 696587
I was sending up the quest of the AFL to impose #behaviorstandardsofficers when as a nation, we have been well-behaved in the bleachers, compare it to European professional soccer and the racism from their punters. There has been no epidemiologylens/filter that Mclachlan has commissioned from an expert like JonathanHaidt to give a more accurate breakdown on behaviour, ie: changing snowflake mores versus smartphone proliferation with concomitant brouhaha recordings 🙄 because Bill Kelty John Elliott and Graeme Samuels will have dozens of other factors, I could provide many more, but the perceived dissolution of AFL fans, as the Fourth Estate's simpleton take, won't be one. Like dumb implied, there is the economic driver from the major sponsors and Mclachlan hq. But dumb really asking another question, how does ASX100 NABauskick or QANTAS move the needle, and expect change etc see:JeffKennett.

Go to the business model of the 4th Estate, since they have died at the hands of Facebook Google and TimBernersLee they resort to new strategy and ply viewers with scandal and controversy.

Downstream effects, plus parenting in last 30 years, myriad of inputs

Last edited:
I was sending up the quest of the AFL to impose #behaviorstandardsofficers when as a nation, we have been well-behaved in the bleachers, compare it to European professional soccer and the racism from their punters. There has been no epidemiologylens/filter that Mclachlan has commission from an expert like JonathanHaidt to give a more accurate breakdown on behaviour, ie: changing snowflake mores versus smartphone proroliferation with concomitant brouhaha recordings 🙄 because Kelty Elliott and Graeme Samuels will have dozens of other factors, I could provide many more, but the perceived dissolution of AFL fans, as the Fourth Estate's simpleton take, won't be one. Like dumb implied, there is economic driver from the major sponsors and Mclachlan hq. But dumb really asking another question, how does NABauskick or QANTAS move the needle, expect change etc.

Go to the business model of the 4th Estate, since they have died at the hands of Facebook Google and TimBernersLee they resort to new strategy and ply viewers with scandal and controversy.

Downstream effects, plus parenting in last 30 years, myriad of inputs
With respect, myriad inputs. My condition makes me ultra sensitive, apologies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may be confusing pleonasm with tautology...
No, there are two definition options, both closely aligned, one is retail politics rhetoric where Joyce or Abbott repeat a few syllable phrase in a doorstop. Or at a pressa. This has underlying rhetoric pretense to convince the receiver of whatever claimed. ii) like you correctly suggest, is tautology. The term, it is common parlance in Francaiçe.

No, there are two definition options, both closely aligned, one is retail politics rhetoric where Joyce or Abbott repeat a few syllable phrase in a doorstop. Or at a pressa. This has underlying rhetoric pretense to convince the receiver of whatever claimed. ii) like you correctly suggest, is tautology. The term, it is common parlance in Francaiçe.
Closely aligned but distinct. And seeking to make the point through the prism of partisan politics is somewhat onanistic, wouldn't you agree?

But in any event, I continue to enjoy your channeling the gonzo style of the late and great Hunter S Thompson.

Closely aligned but distinct. And seeking to make the point through the prism of partisan politics is somewhat onanistic, wouldn't you agree?

But in any event, I continue to enjoy your channeling the gonzo style of the late and great Hunter S Thompson.
I said dual definition, I think Macquarie will avail me. You can parse my qualification ^ but I thought I said dual or two. And i thought Iclarified the distinction
Luv onanism, Matthew Barney and cremaster. Say it on a British cycling fora and you get banned by the succour moms. But you may have read that methinks... 👍 were we in Deloitte cycling lecture circa 2011?

I said dual definition, I think Macquarie will avail me. You can parse my qualification ^ but I thought I said dual or two. And i thought Iclarified the distinction
Luv onanism, Matthew Barney and cremaster. Say it on a British cycling fora and you get banned by the succour moms. But you may have read that methinks... 👍 were we in Deloitte cycling lecture circa 2011?
You omitted your word "options", which is a modifier.

However, moving on, re 2011 - No.

I see what you did there, but my own view on cycling is that it [cycling and all its works] should have been abolished upon the birth of Henry Ford. But I digress...

You omitted your word "options", which is a modifier.

However, moving on, re 2011 - No.

I see what you did there, but my own view on cycling is that it [cycling and all its works] should have been abolished upon the birth of Henry Ford. But I digress...
I actually got banned on forum.cyclingnews.com over the repeated use of that word, and I knew a few cats thru the forum who were in Melbourne.
"What I did there?" Most of my posts do have potential for deflection. I actually thought you were a barrister at an antidoping lecture with multiple speakers, that I knew from the forum where they banned me over the Barney term. And I did 'think' I specified dual version, as I wrote(thinking) two options. I left it up to literal interpretation, in which case my ambiguity was my error, but not a bad-faith interlocutor in this case. Old smartphone interface with pointer-finger typing plays havoc.

Ask #cherf about the difficulties he has managing me. Chief #c h I r f #c herf #cherf

Last edited:
I actually got banned on forum.cyclingnews.com over the repeated use of that word, and I knew a few cats thru the forum who were in Melbourne.
"What I did there?" Most of my posts do have potential for deflection. I actually thought you were a barrister at an antidoping lecture with multiple speakers, that I knew from the forum where they banned me over the Barney term. And I did 'think' I specified dual version, as I wrote(thinking) two options. I left it up to literal interpretation, in which case my ambiguity was me error, but not a bad-faith interlocutor in this case. Old smartphone interface with pointer-finger typing plays havoc.

Ask #cherf about the difficulties he has managing me. Chief #c h I r f #c herf #cherf
No sweat, blackcat. Just playing around.

PS I'm Stateside, so was not at your lecture.

PPS We don't have barristers per se here, but I understand that the difference between a barrister and a solicitor is similar to that of a crocodile and an alligator [as a retired lawyer I've heard them all...].

Remove this Banner Ad

Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Back