Portfolio Fancyscum's A-League Revamp

Remove this Banner Ad

83tDBGQ.png

A-League Revamp
Hey all, I've had the idea to do this portfolio for a while and after putting it off for a number of reasons after only doing the league logo, but this weekend I got stuck right into it as it seems to be portfolio season on here at the moment and I wanted some of that action! With this I wanted to test my soccer template that I did a few months back, how many designs I can pump out a day as well as play around with designing some european style logos ahead of FIRA which is up now. So I'd love any feedback that you can give me. (it's the best way to improve)

The League itself
The premise is that the league is set to undergo redesigns and expansion ahead of the new free to air TV rights deal. I have decided that some teams have new enough logos, so I left them whilst I tried to modernise the more outdated ones. I've got what I see to be the A-League in mind however I am happy to consider requests after that, just keep in mind that its my portfolio and I'll have the final say.

Hope you enjoy!

Lets kick things off in Melbourne with the team in 'city blue'
Edit: Blue taken out of the away kit.
gCR0xWe.png

Last edited:

I love your Victory kit designs! Thats pretty close to exactly what I'd like to see. Not really feeling the logo though, the shape makes me think of baseball and I'm just not digging the script font at all.

Whats the background to the new logo?

And oh yeah, slick template!

I love your Victory kit designs! Thats pretty close to exactly what I'd like to see. Not really feeling the logo though, the shape makes me think of baseball and I'm just not digging the script font at all.

Whats the background to the new logo?

And oh yeah, slick template!
Thanks for the feedback. Victory was the first team that I did bar Adelaide so perhaps it wasn't my best work and I might go back to it later. The idea was to create a logo in a shape that brought out the V as much as possible and you don't really get that with the curves of the current logo I feel. Perhaps given the angular nature of the design the script style type wasn't the best choice. I just thought it needed something with a bit of curvature, so I might look at other typefaces to solve this.

The victory design is very good fancyscum. They look so much better with a strong v rather than what they have at the moment.

However, even though the city's jersey is basically Man City's one, i feel that the dark blue shoulders contrast too much with the sky blue. Anyway, i doubt Sydney will be too happy with the design.

The victory design is very good fancyscum. They look so much better with a strong v rather than what they have at the moment.

However, even though the city's jersey is basically Man City's one, i feel that the dark blue shoulders contrast too much with the sky blue. Anyway, i doubt Sydney will be too happy with the design.
City's home kit designs will now come straight from Manchester with the new rules and Sydney will have to suck it up. Everything must be done to get as many Tim Cahill shirt sales as possible.

Red and white away kit. RED. AND. WHITE.
I'll try that now and update depending on how it looks.
Edit: the clash probably needs to be dark, but I can eliminate the blue.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcastle. I don't like their A-League kits.
really interested to hear what people think about my jets design, will do some last minute tinkering and then post them up.

By request, here's the jets. happy to take suggestions and feedback as always.
Edit: enlarged the J on the monogram.
gsZ3kNd.png

Last edited:
Changed the type on the victory logo and what was on the shirt as a result, not sure which one I like better.

The MV device on the shirt is very nice! Logo is much better too. Probably would look cleaner without the "Football Club" though.

Really like the Newcastle set. I like that you've dropped the "United" part - its really quite redundant for them I reckon.

Whats the deal with the A-League logo itself? How did that come about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Portfolio Fancyscum's A-League Revamp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back