FanFooty Fanplanner 2009 (v2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was buddy.

What do you guys think of FWs reserves now that ziebell is all but useless at NM?

I havent looked too hard but:

Rusling/Hentschell/Gumby = injury prone

Most 91900 are not certain starters for round 1 (except maybe heyne/walters/ballantyne)

Jack Watts is Finishing School

Vickery as a FW i dont think you can expect to average much more than 40-45

Yarren - quite a few people may even start.

Who are you guys looking at?

I will probably end up going with rusling and yarren, or if i start yarren maybe walters/ballantyne depending on pre-season vibes.

I'm atm having one of Rusling/Yarran on the field and the other on the bench with Neville Jetta. But, I hate my fwd line atm so dont follow mine.:D

How many versions of the Plan team thread can we get before the season ;)

For Ziebell, he would have been great if Harris had left. As I see it, he is a fairly reasonable chance of playing.

A question for Cartman/Dazza/Scan or a north fan

Will Ziebell and Swallow be competing for the same spot? Also, where does this leave JWS?

Atm in my ideal 'Roos team I have Ziebell/Swallow fighting it out for the last spot on the bench. The difference between Swallow and Ziebell is Jack can play many different position whereas Swallow can only play as an inside mid.

As for JWS, if fit he plays 22, no question. Very big 'if' though, is currently training and if he gets through the pre-season he will suprise a lot of people next year.

At Lakey, you can't compare two KPP to Ziebell. In addition to that Robbie was out for the year with a shoulder injury.

It is probably a bit premature but i looked back a bit:

Year Drafted, Player, Pick, Position, Games Played in First Season

Robbie Tarrant, 15, FW, 0 Shoulder injury/KPP
Levi Greenwood, 32, MF, 0 Should have played as a mature age pick
Lachie Hansen, 3, Back, 2 KPP
Gavin Urquhart, 21, Back, 0 Speculative pick at 21, took Sinkers spot this year but wasn't ready in '07
Matt Riggio, 28, Back, 0 You can't expect us to play every player we draft
Andrew Swallow, 43, MF, 12 12 games is an excellent return for a 1st year player.

History doesnt really show much for Ziebell's chances although it must be said it would obviously change from player to player. But the fact that the first 2 selections made by the roos in last 2 drafts only ended up playing 2 first season games between them says alot - particularly with a high draft pick such as Hansen.

Sorry for the double post but I needed to address this, thoughts above.

Sorry for the double post but I needed to address this, thoughts above.

Good comments.

I mean Ziebell might could 5-6 games, but how much cash does that make you? Id rather someone playing for a team more likely to blood youngsters (freo/wc/melb) with more chance of playing 10+ games minimum.

But just cos they are KPP doesnt mean they are different really. I mean most coaches would (i would think) give a number 3 draft pick more than 2 games in their first year?

Btw, had to throw in swallow - even though he did get games it would of been inconsistent of me to leave him out when I'd included all the other first 2 picked by roos.

Good comments.

I mean Ziebell might could 5-6 games, but how much cash does that make you? Id rather someone playing for a team more likely to blood youngsters (freo/wc/melb) with more chance of playing 10+ games minimum.

But just cos they are KPP doesnt mean they are different really. I mean most coaches would (i would think) give a number 3 draft pick more than 2 games in their first year?

Btw, had to throw in swallow - even though he did get games it would of been inconsistent of me to leave him out when I'd included all the other first 2 picked by roos.

Jarrad Grant is pretty similar this year and Gumbleton in the same draft as Hansen.

Found this quote from Laidley:

NORTH MELBOURNE
"We rated (Jack Ziebell) pretty highly. We think he’s a great talent and I think our supporters will be over the moon. I think he would have some sort of impact next year whether that’s a few games or whether that’s 10 or 12 games we’re not going to rush him through, but if he’s ready to play we’re going to play him."
- Coach Dean Laidley

Shows he has confidence in him but he will need to earn his place in the side. Could well rely on others players getting injured to get games. I expect 10+ games from him. Problem is, if they are late in the year it's not much good for us fantasy coaches.

Jarrad Grant is pretty similar this year and Gumbleton in the same draft as Hansen.

Found this quote from Laidley:

NORTH MELBOURNE
"We rated (Jack Ziebell) pretty highly. We think he’s a great talent and I think our supporters will be over the moon. I think he would have some sort of impact next year whether that’s a few games or whether that’s 10 or 12 games we’re not going to rush him through, but if he’s ready to play we’re going to play him."
- Coach Dean Laidley

Shows he has confidence in him but he will need to earn his place in the side. Could well rely on others players getting injured to get games. I expect 10+ games from him. Problem is, if they are late in the year it's not much good for us fantasy coaches.

What i mean by what you bolded in my post, is that a number 3 pick, whether KPP or not, you would think would get much more game time than 2 matches.

It is true that he is ready to go - physically built, etc.

I think your last point is very valid - i would like most, if not all my reserves to be playing round one (bar another palmer missing round one obviously).

Laidleys words are promising though...

It is probably a bit premature but i looked back a bit:

Year Drafted, Player, Pick, Position, Games Played in First Season

2007, Robbie Tarrant, 15, FW, 0
2007, Levi Greenwood, 32, MF, 0
2006, Lachie Hansen, 3, Back, 2, (10 in second)
2006, Gavin Urquhart, 21, Back, 0, (13 in second)
2005, Matt Riggio, 28, Back, 0, (2 in second, 7 in third)
2005, Andrew Swallow, 43, MF, 12 (22 in second, 3 in third)

History doesnt really show much for Ziebell's chances although it must be said it would obviously change from player to player. But the fact that the first 2 selections made by the roos in last 2 drafts only ended up playing 2 first season games between them says alot - particularly with a high draft pick such as Hansen.

Gee i hope ziebell plays next year, looks a great pick up:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone for Jason Gram? Last 3 seasons he has average 79, 74 and 78 - next year to be a breakout and score 85-95? Hear he might get pushed into midfield too - but then again everyone is getting pushed into midfield now days (so it seems).

Unless North get hit hard by injuries, or some miraculous Christmas miracle overcomes Dean Laidley, youd be pretty stupid to have a North rookie in your squad.

I've seen the movies! Let's all wish on a star this Christmas! :D

i gotta say though, the forward rookies are looking extremely tasty this year...

nom nom nom nom.

Possibly, Looking at Yarren, Ballantyne, Walker and Grant. who else were you thinking is "tasty"

I was looking at the injury prone players of rusling and hentschel, and i think i might of decided neither of them are worth it. Hentschel hasnt played a game in 2 seasons, although at least in 2004/2005/2006 he played over 18 games. Rusling, although has played 6, 4, 2 an 1 games in the last 4 seasons! Rusling = way too much injury risk, hentschel hasnt played for 3 years, so i think neither of them are worth it. Plus, we dont really know wat to expect rusling to average (having never seen him play a long period of time) - same goes for hentschel having been out for 2 years. Im gonna give both the injury prones a miss and go for some young, fit rookies in teams likely to give them a go - ie yarren/ballantyne

Reckon Rhys O'keefe will get games?

Reckon Rhys O'keefe will get games?

IMO Rhys won't get many games next year. If the wheels start falling off Carlton's bandwagon midway through the season, expect him to get a few games late but besides that, I can't really see him cracking into Carlton's much improved midfield/HB line.

Yarren's a good bet at this early stage though. Played a bit of senior footy in the WAFL and Carlton were crying out for more classy goal-kicker/s, and they got their man in the draft. I'd expect 6+ games from him at this early stage, which would be enough to make a fair bit of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back